Kubica 5 4.24%
Other 3 2.54%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Sep 2007, 23:52 (Ref:2017505)   #101
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good points you make there Strider, although I would like to see Lewis win this year I must say. The simulator is just that, not quite like the real thing though is it?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 00:08 (Ref:2017512)   #102
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strider, I think you've pretty much met it at middle ground. Of course he's good - moreso his level of focus on track and dare I say bullishness that only those handful realistically potential champions have. These two go along way in what he's achieved this year it has to be said, and they will stay with him as he gets better.

But I too feel he's "better" not to win the title this year...gain the credibility in all the other aspects that have left question marks because of his unusual position, as it would surely make him stronger and more well prepared when he faces championships where the going really gets tough.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 04:27 (Ref:2017578)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I wrote "excrement" I didn't really mean he was crap. Just not his usual self!

Gawd you lot take things sooo seriously.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 09:09 (Ref:2017696)   #104
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Gawd you lot take things sooo seriously.
yeah, and don't you forget it!
Old 19 Sep 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2017785)   #105
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
For a number of reasons, I think it might better if he didn't win the title this year. I wouldn't like to guess how many titles he will win, but losing out this year, being beaten by his team-mate for the first time, might just make him an even better driver in the years to come. Scary thought.
I couldn't agree more - I think it would be dangerous if he wins this year. He won't work as hard and perhaps have misplaced arrogance. It seems clear he needs to learn to setup a car as well a Alonso, for example.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2018805)   #106
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some healthy participation in the thread this round and still, it's tied ola.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:03 (Ref:2019199)   #107
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not really the right thread for this but it's about SPA?
I always look forward to catching up with Ant to ask questions I have after each race. I asked him if he was pleased that the gravel had gone from the outside of the dreaded Pohon corner at SPA, that had sucked his Minardi in back in 2002, pointing out that Lewis had run wide there during the race and was able to use the new tarmac run off and just rejoin! He said yeah bl**dy marvelous isn't it!

ITV viewers might recall Martin Brundles explaination of a lap of SPA and said you approach Pohon at 180mph hit the brakes, go down a gear and go thru at 130mph...was it that for an Aguri? Yes apparently as it was for most cars, except he said he asked Lewis if he had to brake there..Nope! he replied just a slight lift!!!! So presumable did the Ferrari's!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 23:24 (Ref:2019373)   #108
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing Rennen !