Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2938410)   #101
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So who is racing this weekend at Morgan Park?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2938423)   #102
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Actually there are plenty of meetings left to obtain enough signatures. All they have to do is lease a car and do state meetings, stay out of trouble without making any real effort to be in the mix and they get the signature, easy. I know, that's not the way it should be done but many have and many will do it that way.
I thought that to upgrade a national licence to an international one, you had to do national events though
Old 11 Aug 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2938433)   #103
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I thought that to upgrade a national licence to an international one, you had to do national events though
I am surprised so many "experts" here do not know the system!! You can include me also-- but I can say what it was-- just not sure if it changed,
State level is fine for all signatures--- the first 4 gets you off "P" plates--- this signature is via C of C and based on satisfactory performance.Any breach of rules should prevent a signature.That is for a NC licence that allows you to compete at Bathurst--or F1 meeting in Melbourne.(except for celebrity competition)
To get " International" requires (required?) 5 signatures(after you have NC) from the Stewards.This requires not only satisfactory non rule breaches but also to show some speed and racing savvy.( I always wonder how the stewards would know that!!!)
Despite all that-- it is possible to make application for exemption for all that and bypass -- it seems to be done quite frequently.
Last comment-- what is acceptable standard differs vastly from state to state-- I reckon that some less populous states hand out signatures based on not very much!!!!
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2938438)   #104
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
There has been a Sera in some Victorian and National Sports Sedan rounds last year-- maybe earlier this year? The ex Randle SAAB front running car--- so not slow!!! Same one I presume?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2938442)   #105
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
I am surprised so many "experts" here do not know the system!! You can include me also-- but I can say what it was-- just not sure if it changed,
-snip-
I stand corrected, but I wouldn't call myself an expert, merely an interested onlooker.

Different Sera in the SAAB too, that was James.
Old 11 Aug 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2938458)   #106
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David's done some stuff in an Ausie Racing Car hasn't he? Not sure on how many, but I thought he had?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2938742)   #107
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I stand corrected, but I wouldn't call myself an expert, merely an interested onlooker.

Different Sera in the SAAB too, that was James.
Thanks--- I made a couple of posts without doing any research!!! A bit like most posts here!!!
I am very familiar with Sera's from Karts---could not recall all the names( maybe 4?? Sera's from J's to senior classes??) when I was trying to remember to post earlier.
Old 12 Aug 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2938780)   #108
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/09_...ences_Q311.pdf

To upgrade from Provisional Circuit (PC) to National Circuit (NC) requires 5 signatures at race events at State Level. You cannot race at any event at Bathurst without an NC (or CC with single event upgrade), unless of course you enter a regularity event and then all you need is 2S...

To upgrade from NC to International Circuit (ICC) requires 5 signatures at race events at National Level.

Additional time frames, minimum circuit requirements, and marshalling commitments also apply.

Funny how so many people post facts on forums that are completely wrong
Old 12 Aug 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2938793)   #109
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/09_...ences_Q311.pdf

To upgrade from Provisional Circuit (PC) to National Circuit (NC) requires 5 signatures at race events at State Level. You cannot race at any event at Bathurst without an NC (or CC with single event upgrade), unless of course you enter a regularity event and then all you need is 2S...

To upgrade from NC to International Circuit (ICC) requires 5 signatures at race events at National Level.

Additional time frames, minimum circuit requirements, and marshalling commitments also apply.

Funny how so many people post facts on forums that are completely wrong
Hope you are not having a go at me-- I did preface what I was saying with "how it was" -- not is !! Either way--- my point was it takes quite a few meetings to get the correct licence category to compete at Bathurst 1000.
Unless--- you make application to show your "expertise" !!! Sort of makes a mockery of the system!!
The other interesting discovery for me is qualifying periods have been extended to 2 years from 1 previously. Now all in C of C's hands.

You deserve congrats for finding on CAMS website--it is as difficult as ever to find anything specific!!

So the question remains-- how are these people qualifying?
Old 12 Aug 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2938808)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Odd when you think about it... had the same flexibility been in place in 1987, Mr Crompton may have today enjoyed company as a Bathurst 1000 winner...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Aug 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2938852)   #111
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Odd when you think about it... had the same flexibility been in place in 1987, Mr Crompton may have today enjoyed company as a Bathurst 1000 winner...
Wasn't it Crompton's own fault that he missed out on the Bathurst drive? He turned down a drive in a Group E Subaru at Winton, deeming the car not competitive enough... he wound up 1 signature short to race at Bathurst....
Old 12 Aug 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2938860)   #112
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hope you are not having a go at me--
Not at all, so no need to be so sensitive

Several people had posted what they thought it was, all I was doing was posting up the facts.
Old 12 Aug 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2938873)   #113
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There has been a Sera in some Victorian and National Sports Sedan rounds last year-- maybe earlier this year? The ex Randle SAAB front running car--- so not slow!!! Same one I presume?
James Sera has raced in SS and is David's cousin.

http://islandkarts.com/2011/03/11/ja...championships/
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2939181)   #114
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You should know, Its not what you know its who you know.

There will be a back room deal done to get who evers license through in time as their usually is.

In my opinion the whole bloody deal is a sham for Denyer to stroke his very large ego and get a drive at "The Mountain" in the main game, for no cost to him, which otherwise he wouldn't ever get

With a driver that wont be faster than him & show him up for what a no talent that he really is, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Pity his talent wasn't as large as his ego, if it was, he might have at least a snowballs chance in hell, he can hardly get his head in his helmet now.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2939212)   #115
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
In my opinion the whole bloody deal is a sham for Denyer to stroke his very large ego and get a drive at "The Mountain" in the main game, for no cost to him, which otherwise he wouldn't ever get
I'm no fan of Denyer, but that's pretty harsh when you consider how many of the current V8 drivers get their ride by bringing major sponsorship dollars or are in family owned teams.

Eg. Johnson, Moffatt, Ingall, Fiore, Webb, D'Alberto, Bargwana, R.Kelly, T.Kelly, Slade, Dumbrell, Bright, etc...
Old 14 Aug 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2939452)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... who got kicked out today?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Aug 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2939461)   #117
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The young Blond dude whose name escapes me at the moment.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2939479)   #118
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The young Blond dude whose name escapes me at the moment.
Amber?
Old 14 Aug 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2939507)   #119
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Dude, not dudette,
Old 14 Aug 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2939511)   #120
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Ben Small, basically for turning the wrong way in a challenge.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2939707)   #121
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dude, not dudette,
Amber not a guy????
Old 14 Aug 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2939714)   #122
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hmmm... just watched the upload on the Shannons Supercar Showdown website...

A few questions...

Was wondering the value of the reward prizes.. I mean we saw a couple of the guys end up on the tram restaurant, and in this episode we see Ms Reid select youngster Mr Waters to share the restaurant prize...

These guys are already puerile about boys and girls spending time with one another, they have Ms Swanson crap because Mr Davies was texting her from his hospital bed... I mean seriously... are we really still in primary school?

But the restaurant prize... I kinda got the one where the winner sat with the Kelly Bros, to break bread (Ms Reid won that one too!) but the other two make little sense. Its not like they are on Big Brother where there is no food... odd...

Having said that, the media hit out makes perfect sense to try to achieve an separation of the field outcome.. what I would have imagined would be to tell the participants ahead of time what kinds of things they might be doing, to allow them some contemplation time before answering.

How precisely do you answer a question like "Who's better, Rick or Todd?" when you have Rick's future wife across the desk, and really there is no right answer? Arguably the question the young schoolgirl asked was more thoughtful and intelligent...

But given that Mr Reynolds doesnt exactly light up the media when they are in his presence, its not a surprise from this squad...

What about seeing an alcohol sponsored driver is presenting to school children in fully sponsored regalia too When is alcohol getting banned from advertising in Australia?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Aug 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2939978)   #123
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Was wondering the value of the reward prizes.. I mean we saw a couple of the guys end up on the tram restaurant, and in this episode we see Ms Reid select youngster Mr Waters to share the restaurant prize...
Agree... surely they could give them something more useful, like a helmet/boots/gloves/suit, hot laps, mentoring from drivers???

Quote:
How precisely do you answer a question like "Who's better, Rick or Todd?" when you have Rick's future wife across the desk, and really there is no right answer?
I thought it was a good trick question. Perhaps the answer was supposed to be something diplomatic rather than awkward silence.

Quote:
What about seeing an alcohol sponsored driver is presenting to school children in fully sponsored regalia too When is alcohol getting banned from advertising in Australia?
Fair point, but where do you stop, no soft drinks, energy drinks, fast food?
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2942757)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SSS Contestants Go Racing One has gapped the field by 1.2s, the other 5.5s behind..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2942760)   #125
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Sure David Sera is more the talented driver but I would be thinking that Hayley has more seat time in the Aussie Racers, look like that hasnt helped.