Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3467201)   #101
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you asked according to who? I gave you the answer

Downward spiral not detected.

Bathurst is one of 6 keys events for the year. its a key event for determining the health of the series
I'd suggest the meetings held at Winton, Queensland Raceway, etc are a better indication of the health of the series.

Bathurst is the one event that can standalone and the numbers this year were very strong.

Just as the Indy 500 is no indication of he health of the IndyCar series.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3467208)   #102
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I'd suggest the meetings held at Winton, Queensland Raceway, etc are a better indication of the health of the series.

Bathurst is the one event that can standalone and the numbers this year were very strong.

Just as the Indy 500 is no indication of he health of the IndyCar series.
Sure got the tv rating then?
Old 22 Oct 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3467276)   #103
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Bathurst is one of 6 keys events for the year. its a key event for determining the health of the series
Just me - but I reckon the health of the overall series is the best indicator for determing the health of the series.

Eg. Compare year to year averages or in V8SC form compare peak numbers against average numbers to impress
Old 22 Oct 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3467281)   #104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Just me - but I reckon the health of the overall series is the best indicator for determing the health of the series.

Eg. Compare year to year averages or in V8SC form compare peak numbers against average numbers to impress
oh i see so like compare this years income to next years income.

Downward spiral not detected.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3467282)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Oct 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3467286)   #106
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
just saying 2nd largest bathurst crowd ever. increasing tv audience. Great downward spiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
according to who? V8SC rubbery figures

and yes, Barhurst is not the series, would you say the crowds at Winton, Sandown and Phillip Island are increasing? If you say yes then be prepared to lose all credibility.
Logically....... someone must have credibility before it can be lost.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3467291)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Logically....... someone must have credibility before it can be lost.
I know, and that's why its a good thing when posters back up their opinions with some facts and independent sources and not just made up stuff like some serial chicken littles.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 06:44 (Ref:3467296)   #108
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The tinfoil hattery is running a bit strong at the moment.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3467302)   #109
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The tinfoil hattery is running a bit strong at the moment.
Every week or two I swear off ten-tenths.. but then I seem to drag myself back when events near (for what reason I'm not sure).

The reason I swear off (temporarily) is because I can't see why people who say they love motorsport continue to drag everything down. Again, if I didn't visit this forum I would say V8 Supercars are stronger than ever. More manufacturers, great racing on track, a move to Ten/Fox next year (away from Seven that so many people have complained about endlessly over the last several years) and yet all you read about on here seems to be the end if nigh.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3467305)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still dont understand why this continues to be a pishing competition.

If you dont like V8Supercar, then dont watch it and comment on how much you hate it.

If you do like V8Supercar, then please by all means comment.

I have tried to weld (most) of the negativity in this thread so it doesnt spew all over the other threads.

Agree to disagree please...

[/mod]
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3468949)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wow crowd up by nearly 10,000 on last year at Gold coast. biggest crowd for 5 years

Downward spiral not detected

in fact im starting to think the downward spiral is made up

oh is that a wolf
Old 27 Oct 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3468972)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
wow crowd up by nearly 10,000 on last year at Gold coast. biggest crowd for 5 years
Wonder what impact the light rail had on the crowd attendance?

The GC event was always very handy for public transport anyway with their 'Park & Ride' option, being able to leave your car at a different location and bus it to and from the venue.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3468976)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

The GC event was always very handy for public transport anyway with their 'Park & Ride' option, being able to leave your car at a different location and bus it to and from the venue.
they talked up the light rail quite a bit along with some anecdotal stories of how good it was to be able to public transport it to the track
Old 27 Oct 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3468984)   #114
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You criticise us peckstar for our 'speculation' about the downturn of the series, you ask us to put up (and shut up), yet you post a post that claims there was an increase. Who said there was an increase, V8Supercars? If you are relying on their numbers then good luck, they have been talking their numbers up for years, they do it for a number of reasons but mostly around sponsorship, they have been caught out with their tall stories on the crowd numbers in the past. Even GTRMagic has been known to challenge their numbers

Due to my close relationship with one track I know for a FACT that their (V8SC's) numbers are very rubbery, prove me wrong!!!!
Old 27 Oct 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3468989)   #115
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Popcorn...... check !!
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3469006)   #116
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You criticise us peckstar for our 'speculation' about the downturn of the series, you ask us to put up (and shut up), yet you post a post that claims there was an increase. Who said there was an increase, V8Supercars? If you are relying on their numbers then good luck, they have been talking their numbers up for years, they do it for a number of reasons but mostly around sponsorship, they have been caught out with their tall stories on the crowd numbers in the past. Even GTRMagic has been known to challenge their numbers

Due to my close relationship with one track I know for a FACT that their (V8SC's) numbers are very rubbery, prove me wrong!!!!

Meh all event numbers are rubbery.... Have they increased the rubber content over previous years tho?
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3469019)   #117
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

still waiting for some facts on the downward spiral Trev, the numbers you talk about where in which century and who was the owner or CEO then?

And that track you talk about promotes its own event, and still goes back to the well every year so something must be ok about the deal

but as bell end said the rubbery numbers have increased on previous years and the QLD government can check those rubbery numbers. They seem happy

Only Chicken Little is upset

Downwards Spiral not detected
Old 27 Oct 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3469025)   #118
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

In my case, parked at the office (free) and got the (free) light rail. Much better than past years park and ride.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3469048)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
In my case, parked at the office (free) and got the (free) light rail. Much better than past years park and ride.
Fantastic

The trams are awesome to get to the AGP, the train to Homebush.. buses from Blacktown station to Eastern Creek.. Clever solutions, helping the crowd come to the venues..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Oct 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3469301)   #120
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
still waiting for some facts on the downward spiral Trev, the numbers you talk about where in which century and who was the owner or CEO then?

And that track you talk about promotes its own event, and still goes back to the well every year so something must be ok about the deal

but as bell end said the rubbery numbers have increased on previous years and the QLD government can check those rubbery numbers. They seem happy

Only Chicken Little is upset

Downwards Spiral not detected
watch the TV, look at the crowds around the fence, then go back 4-8 years ago and have a look at the same track and the crowd numbers
Old 28 Oct 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3469311)   #121
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well they've been covering the lack of crowds up with the digital signs.

Something Channel 7 learned from the ST Bathursts
Old 28 Oct 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3469319)   #122
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
watch the TV, look at the crowds around the fence, then go back 4-8 years ago and have a look at the same track and the crowd numbers
4-8 years why so far back? why not last year or the year before.

We all know the GFC hurt, but things are starting to look up

Upward spiral detected
Old 30 Oct 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3469909)   #123
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of those digital signs were to cover construction sites, where new high rises are being built.
Old 30 Oct 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3469911)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Some of those digital signs were to cover construction sites, where new high rises are being built.
That would make sense.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Nov 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3470630)   #125
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or is V8SC seem to be suffering a bit the same way F1 is now?

Too many people in the sport purely for financial gain rather than the good of the sport?