Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Nov 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3475976)   #1251
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
They (Road America)* don't deserve anything. The place is falling apart and looks ragged anymore. The track needs a resurfacing and some work. It's looking bad, and the zipline isn't going to get a WEC race.

As pretty much anybody reading this forum already knows, that statement is total rubbish.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3476007)   #1252
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On his twitter John Dagys has "really excited for tommorrow" meaning tuesday. I wonder what that is? I would hope it is the announcement of a new GTLM entry personally.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3476181)   #1253
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
On his twitter John Dagys has "really excited for tommorrow" meaning tuesday. I wonder what that is? I would hope it is the announcement of a new GTLM entry personally.
Personal sponsor announcement for John, by Mountain Dew, with a free case delivered to his place of residence.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3476241)   #1254
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Can't link to it right now, but the announcement has broken and it says no full-time ESM in TUSC next year, they'll be doing the full WEC season with two cars.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3476244)   #1255
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Can't link to it right now, but the announcement has broken and it says no full-time ESM in TUSC next year, they'll be doing the full WEC season with two cars.
Just saw that. I am really excited for them.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3476275)   #1256
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I do wonder, whether expected or not, what message this sends to NAS...IM...whoever is running the show. Relief in not having to balance the protos? Disappointment? Victory? Loss?
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3476286)   #1257
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think it says anything to IMSA, or more accurately, anything they actually HEAR.

Don't panic. I've read multiple times on this very forum that there will be at least 50 DPs at every race. It must be true. The only people interested in WEC are rich people who want to travel. The fans are the biggest winners.

Boogity, boogity.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3476287)   #1258
Gulf
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I do wonder, whether expected or not, what message this sends to NAS...IM...whoever is running the show. Relief in not having to balance the protos? Disappointment? Victory? Loss?
I think they are only worried about what will happen to that Patron money.

This is a pretty big blow considering ESM is the team that helped make the merger happen.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3476288)   #1259
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am pleased that ESM is in WEC full time, though.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3476299)   #1260
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I think they are only worried about what will happen to that Patron money.

This is a pretty big blow considering ESM is the team that helped make the merger happen.
It can't look good when one of the naming sponsors of TUSC chooses to race somewhere else, especially after playing a big role in the merger/buyout.

It looks like marketing Patron in new markets was a big factor. Not sure how much was due to dissatisfaction with TUSC, but at least they'll only get BoP'ed twice a season at most, and then only in relation to other P2 cars.

Two new facilities in Florida and Europe represent a pretty significant investment. Definitely a case of putting your money where your mouth is.

Meanwhile, other than Krohn, has anyone revealed their new livery for 2015? I suspect that will be The Next Big Announcement from IMSA.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3476306)   #1261
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Extreme Speed Motorsports gone to WEC, I wonder if IMSA will change the NAEC sponsor to something else?

Meanwhile, the IMSA didn't flinch that the P class entries are dwindling... For Jim France's team, he'll sure be happy that his rivals are leaving!
Old 18 Nov 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3476312)   #1262
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
With Extreme Speed Motorsports gone to WEC, I wonder if IMSA will change the NAEC sponsor to something else?
Unless the contract is out, (which it afaik isn't) and someone else comes along there's no reason at all for a change there.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the IMSA didn't flinch that the P class entries are dwindling
What makes you think that? Is it because they haven't put out a press release saying that they are about ready to commit sepuku over ESM's withdrawal???

Quote:
For Jim France's team, he'll sure be happy that his rivals are leaving!
No, just no. Winning against no one isn't winning, even if your last name is France. Actually, deep fields were always one of the things GA touted as their biggest strong points.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3476321)   #1263
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
They don't deserve anything. The place is falling apart and looks ragged anymore. The track needs a resurfacing and some work. It's looking bad, and the zipline isn't going to get a WEC race.
Really? Falling apart? That's hilarious. Seriously...I'm in stitches.

The only logical thing you've said here is that it needs a resurface. Asphalt doesn't do well in northern climates. Just a fact. But, the track is used nearly every day from April to the end of October, and sometimes, even into November. The last FULL repave was done in 96. 3,5,6,8,12 have all been done in a special compound that was fine prior to NASCAR. They are too heavy..but...even at that, the track has held up really, really well.

It's always been a highly polished, low grip surface. There are lots of improvements coming. The WEC is watching.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 19 Nov 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3476565)   #1264
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What part has WEC salivating the most? Is it the lack of runoff at the kink, the lack of garages, the lack of decent amenities, the six year old stickers stuck to the uneven concrete barriers, the alligator curbing for NASCAR, or the fact that the same corners come apart every race including club racing? There's plenty of tracks in the same climate that don't have the surface issues year after year.

Road America has one focus right now. A 2016 Sprint cup race. If that happens, then we will see.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3476588)   #1265
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Its none of those, apparently; it's the lack of soundproofed hospitality suites for thousands of corporate guests.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3476598)   #1266
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

Meanwhile, the IMSA didn't flinch that the P class entries are dwindling... For Jim France's team, he'll sure be happy that his rivals are leaving!
ESM isn't gone, not totally, from TUSCC (running NAEC). Plus, even if the team was running no TUSCC races, you don't think they wouldn't advertise their product?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 19 Nov 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3476659)   #1267
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even though ESM says they're also committing to NAEC Glen and PLM, I can see them pulling out after season prep-up at Daytona & Sebring, citing "unexpected costs and difficulties with logistics" or "we need to concentrate fully on WEC from now on" or whatever.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3476664)   #1268
Gulf
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
ESM isn't gone, not totally, from TUSCC (running NAEC). Plus, even if the team was running no TUSCC races, you don't think they wouldn't advertise their product?
Do you really think Patron get any roi sponsoring TUSC? I don't. The only reason they are there is because of Scott Brown and the only reason they are still there is contracts.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3476667)   #1269
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Um, Chiana, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta are part of the NAEC. Sorry, your wording makes it seem like they aren't.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3476685)   #1270
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you really think Patron get any roi sponsoring TUSC? I don't. The only reason they are there is because of Scott Brown and the only reason they are still there is contracts.
Do you think the contract doesn't have an exit clause for Patron, as most sponsorship contracts do? I do think there is some ROI there. Your comment sounds as if you believe there is none, what so ever.

Since I'm not privy to the books, I'll continue to think that there is some ROI for Patron. Brown's a smart business man, and I don't see him continuing something that doesn't make business sense.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 19 Nov 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3476689)   #1271
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think they are there for the future, specifically 2017 and beyond...Right now is not pretty for P2 teams, but sticking around and trying to get the glory of winning the NAEC races is still appealing. It's probably better to go over to WEC, learn the cars, etc, then come back full time in 2017 or '18 and see what IMSA has done.

I still have faith the IMSA will get it right and am optimistic the series will be where it should be.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3476691)   #1272
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Um, Chiana, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta are part of the NAEC. Sorry, your wording makes it seem like they aren't.
Of course they are. You must've misunderstood what I said.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3476698)   #1273
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No Dempsey next year:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/de...ations-in-u-s/

Focusing on WEC instead.

Also, Alex Job is back on the fence regarding next season after the change and change back in the driver ratings rules for gtd.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/dr...g-regulations/

So will we have any cars in GTD next season? Looks like single digits for the "regular" races.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3476723)   #1274
Gulf
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Do you think the contract doesn't have an exit clause for Patron, as most sponsorship contracts do? I do think there is some ROI there. Your comment sounds as if you believe there is none, what so ever.

Since I'm not privy to the books, I'll continue to think that there is some ROI for Patron. Brown's a smart business man, and I don't see him continuing something that doesn't make business sense.
Patron only there because of Scott Brown wanting to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
I think they are there for the future, specifically 2017 and beyond...Right now is not pretty for P2 teams, but sticking around and trying to get the glory of winning the NAEC races is still appealing. It's probably better to go over to WEC, learn the cars, etc, then come back full time in 2017 or '18 and see what IMSA has done.

I still have faith the IMSA will get it right and am optimistic the series will be where it should be.
Patrons CEO has already bailed on TUSC. I don't think there is any glory in winning the NAEC without the best competition being there and no person outside of Sports car fans know what it is.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3476740)   #1275
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow I hope this GTD exodus is only a 1-year thing.