Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 May 2003, 12:07 (Ref:609396)   #1276
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True Spud, but the oldest has just come in - hasn't been home since about 5 pm yesterday and the youngest has just got up. I've done 2 dump runs already and Mrs. Ayse has given me special dispensation for half an hour on the pc before I start ripping more old carpets up......
Old 26 May 2003, 19:52 (Ref:610767)   #1277
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Just to confirm, whatever happens, I will not be racing tomorrow afternoon. I forgot I'm havign new carpets laid on Monday, so I have to empty the lounge tomorrow......

So the race didn't happen?

atm, the mouse on my computer is broken, and i need to get a new one, but i haven't had time. I've been allowed to use my sisters' PC for the net for the first time all weekend, but until i get a new mouse, no GPL for me...
I know it seems like a simple task to get one, but rely on my dad to get me to either PC world, or staples or somewhere like that (can't wait to drive ), and he isn't that keen for me to spend much time on GPL, and he seems to resent even more me being part of this online league, he sees it as just a waste of time (he may have a point, but that isn't the point anyway....
Old 29 May 2003, 18:59 (Ref:613969)   #1278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So who is on for our final race of the season next Tuesday evening?
Old 29 May 2003, 19:10 (Ref:613988)   #1279
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, I will be there, I have not been anywhere near GPL snice the last race, but I was quite like Zandfort.
Old 29 May 2003, 19:16 (Ref:613996)   #1280
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazingly enough I will be in the UK Tuesday !! Or at least that is what is planned. My last flight pre Le Mans will be on Monday 2 June, then nothing for 3 weeks (not bad for 7 days holiday !!!). So I will be available if anyone want's a race anytime

Remind me again, time, track, car. Sorry but I lost the plot a bit with all the disputes.........

Simon
Old 29 May 2003, 19:19 (Ref:614003)   #1281
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe. Same situation as Mexico.
I haven't played GPL for more than a week now.
I can't see myself doing so til Tuesday either.
I think the next time i'll actually have time to play GPL properly, is when you three will be at Le Mans
Old 29 May 2003, 19:21 (Ref:614004)   #1282
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvort in the Ferrari next tuesday. I guess I'd better put in an appearance as well . (Even though I bloody hate the place!)
Old 29 May 2003, 19:26 (Ref:614011)   #1283
SL
Veteran

Anyone up for a practice race Sunday afternoon ?
Old 29 May 2003, 19:29 (Ref:614017)   #1284
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Anyone up for a practice race Sunday afternoon ?
No chance - Monte Carlo Grand Prix and the BTCC is on the Tele ! ! !
Old 29 May 2003, 19:31 (Ref:614019)   #1285
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Same excuse as Rob i'm afraid. Didn't know bout the BTCC, but now i do, i will be watching. What track Rob?
Old 29 May 2003, 19:35 (Ref:614023)   #1286
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Same excuse as Rob i'm afraid. Didn't know bout the BTCC, but now i do, i will be watching. What track Rob?
It's Thruxton from last weekend and remember a certain Touring Team with very close links with website got there first so it will be well worth watching
Old 29 May 2003, 19:35 (Ref:614024)   #1287
SL
Veteran

After the GP and BTCC, I will be watching as well.....
Old 29 May 2003, 19:40 (Ref:614030)   #1288
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Oh maybe, depends what exam i have Monday morning.
Old 29 May 2003, 19:46 (Ref:614037)   #1289
SL
Veteran

I have a flight at 0630 so it will not be to late....
Old 29 May 2003, 21:10 (Ref:614097)   #1290
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had a word with Tony explaining what happened with the Rouen race with VROC being down and all that. He thinks the race should be re-run because of the less than ideal conditions.

I'll step off the soap box now and over to you.
Old 29 May 2003, 21:12 (Ref:614098)   #1291
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Do we honestly want to re-run it?
I know i don't. I thought we had put that one to bed, and to be honest, we don't need that whole debate again.
Old 29 May 2003, 21:33 (Ref:614125)   #1292
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I'd be happy with a re-run, especially with the championship as close as it is. It would be nice to have a fair chance at least.
Old 30 May 2003, 05:34 (Ref:614349)   #1293
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
I've had a word with Tony explaining what happened with the Rouen race with VROC being down and all that. He thinks the race should be re-run because of the less than ideal conditions.

I'll step off the soap box now and over to you.
I have absolutely no comment. (Save to say that whatever the decision, it must be made NOW - or at least before Tuesday night's race).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2003 at 05:37.
Old 30 May 2003, 11:12 (Ref:614616)   #1294
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Lets think about this. If it were re-run after Zandy, that would make the race, the Tuesday after Le Mans right? If that is the case, then i don't think that either Simon, Rob or Ayse can make it.

So taking D's case that the championship is close, if Ayse can't make it, then there's no point.

We could hold it a week after that, but by then the championship will seem practically over, and one more re-run won't really benefit anyone at all.
Old 30 May 2003, 12:32 (Ref:614683)   #1295
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I could make the Tuesday after Le Mans. I will get home in the early hours of Tuesday morning. I'd rather get it over and done with than waiting any longer. If Rouen is to be re-run and Damon wins Zandy, on my maths it then becomes academic anyway. With the loss of 10, points from Rouen, my best 7 scores amount to 58 points. Even if I come second at Zandy I will only gain 2 points as that will replace my 3rd place at Spa. 60 points. A win for Damon (again, on my maths) will give him 63 points (as he will 7 scores - all to count). At that stage, only a win at Rouen can improve my points tally - and only to the extent of reaching 62 points. So, as I say, the decision about re-running Rouen is

a) academic if Damon takes us to the cleaners at Zandvoort next week, but

b) should be taken immediately.

Whether Damon ends up the rightful winner of the TTFL or not, I think I'm entitled to know where I stand before I put my Ferrari's wheels on the tarmac on Tuesday.

Sorry to sound dogmatic about it - I just feel that the races have really been blighted by what's happened in the last third of the season. Shame.
Old 30 May 2003, 12:43 (Ref:614693)   #1296
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Whether Damon ends up the rightful winner of the TTFL or not, I think I'm entitled to know where I stand before I put my Ferrari's wheels on the tarmac on Tuesday.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you my new VROC nickname

Ayse the Wrecker.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2003 at 12:44.
Old 30 May 2003, 13:46 (Ref:614754)   #1297
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Is that really your name, or are you joking?

D won't take us to the cleaners. He's only 0.4s quicker than me. atm of course....
Old 30 May 2003, 16:40 (Ref:614963)   #1298
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course........

My pb in the Ferrari is substantially quicker than Damon's (and I expect to reduce it still further before Tuesday), but I'll bet that come practice, any gap will be minimal. Don't get me wrong, I'm not running scared of Damon (you listening boy.....? ), and if he expects as easy a ride as Mexico, he'll be in for a rude awakening. But Damon is a very good racer, and unlike the rest of us, he seldom makes mistakes.

But I have the ace up my sleeve. I've already arranged for Murray Walker to come to my house on Tuesday evening and commentate over the chat facility. At an appropriate point in the race, if Damon is doing to well, Murray will say that he's got the race sown up. You all know what will happen next.....

You have been warned.....
Old 30 May 2003, 16:51 (Ref:614979)   #1299
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Damn, cheated!

Murray said he'd come to my house.

I'll just have to rely on Jean Todt coming round and dictating the team tactics
Old 30 May 2003, 17:17 (Ref:615004)   #1300
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
The main reason I'd like to re-run Rouen is that, as you've spotted, I'm not that hot at Zandvoort but I really like Rouen, I'd rather have the oppotunity to drop my Zandvoort points (or the 4th place I got when I was kicked whilst leading at Silverstone) if the oppotunity is there. As everyone says though, any confirmation either way from Tony, as soon as possible, would be greatly appreciated.