Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Sep 2024, 20:08 (Ref:4226047)   #1276
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Different track, different data, especially since last year's race data is available. This isn't supposed to be success ballast

It's not, but it feels like they are treating it as such (at least for Toyota anyway).
Old 10 Sep 2024, 20:10 (Ref:4226048)   #1277
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I suspect that the ACO will have to make a massive correction to the Cadillac BOP next year after Jota shows them how poor the Ganassi team was.

IKR? How much Testing is going to be available between Bahrain and Qatar?
Old 10 Sep 2024, 20:44 (Ref:4226051)   #1278
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Something has been off to me all season with the Cadillacs. On the paper the Cadillac should dominate. 520kw and 1036kg for Fuji. This is more or less the limits of the BOP table. If the Porsche were to run these specifications, they would dominate. They are all LMDH cars. In IMSA, the Porsche has middle of the pack BOP but in WEC the Porsche has the most weight and least power amongst the LMDH cars by a reasonable margin. They are at least 10kg heavier than any other LMDH car and also have the lowest power for any LMDH car.
Those are not exactly the same cars that race in IMSA due to wind tunnel differences. Maybe others managed to exploit the flaws of Sauber's tunnel better than Caddy did? Anyway, since all new homologations will take place at a Windshear facility (according to rumors), maybe that's some chance for LMDh cars to get a free aero upgrade dropping them some drag
Old 10 Sep 2024, 22:12 (Ref:4226055)   #1279
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...fuji/10653000/
These guys have EI subscription it seems

EDIT: Added data from this article: https://www.formulacritica.it/fia-we...oogle_vignette

Small tweaks. Continuing the theme of other recent movements. Probably because they don't jump with one big movement.
Attached Thumbnails
20241109_2024_Weight_Chart.png   20241109_2024_Power_Chart.png   20241109_2024_Weight_Table.png  

20241109_2024_Power_Table.png  

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Sep 2024 at 00:11.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 00:18 (Ref:4226082)   #1280
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That article also contained the >250kph stuff and the other bits. No change to it being 250kph FWIW.

This bulletin
  • They have compensated Toyota >250kph, but haven't given them any more. I'm a little surprised by that, but only a little as you can't massively tell.
  • Porsche is the winner here. Peugeot, I doubt it's enough.
More generally
  • These are small movements (as advertised they would be), but we do now have the biggest spread we've had all year. Although the LMDh spread have narrowed just a little.
  • Ignoring Peugeot there is a decent split in LMDh and Hypercar. This is more than comparable to the spread with in the types of car.
  • The power > 250kph has got wide. this might be showing up the variation (hurrah!) possible in car design with respect to absolute drag and downforce v. the ratio of these.
Attached Thumbnails
20241109_2024_PtoW_Chart.png   20241109_2024_Power250_Chart.png   2024 Fuji_W_change_Chart.png  

2024 Fuji_P_change_Chart.png   2024 Fuji_P250_change_Chart.png   2024 Fuji_PtoW_change_Chart.png  

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Sep 2024 at 00:25.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 18:50 (Ref:4226164)   #1281
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
When you say you doubt its enough for Peugeot, do you mean its not enough to have them on the front row? I think its quite a lot and should it not be enough for them to achieve a really great result, may be they'd better think about something else than a WC. IMO.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 21:19 (Ref:4226179)   #1282
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don't think it is enough to be better than mid-field. If that.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 02:01 (Ref:4226192)   #1283
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The car is not right at the moment. I read comments from the team that it's not good at using the tires. If they make more changes to the car it'll most likely be mechanical. There's some things bop can't fix.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 02:03 (Ref:4226194)   #1284
Matador
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't think it is enough to be better than mid-field. If that.

Where do you think IF would have been with Peugeot's driver lineup, BoP and operational budget? (Besides on the grid)
Old 12 Sep 2024, 02:13 (Ref:4226196)   #1285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is a good question. I’d phrase it as with a decent budget as with a Peugeot budget is just madness!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 06:41 (Ref:4226205)   #1286
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Where do you think Peugeot would have been with Toyota's BoP? OK BoP is not a success ballast but in this case the french team has been unfairly treated. From the beginning. They are not happy? Let them go back to what they did right, dentistry, mopeds and bicycles.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:38 (Ref:4226217)   #1287
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If they make more changes to the car it'll most likely be mechanical. There's some things bop can't fix.
I think best they can do is going back to the wingless car. That one was good at least on some tracks, new one is average at best and usually bad or very bad. But seems more likely they'll try to "fix" the winged car (again).
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4226220)   #1288
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All the difference between commitment and stubbornness. Great lack of humility and a lot of load on the pit crew and drivers. A lot of time spent "dealing" with instances.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4226225)   #1289
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think the issue with Peugeot is that they just threw money at it with the car and drivers and expected it to be a little like before with the diesel, these cars ae actually far more complex than I think people realise, and simply put Peugeot got the car completely wrong and their fix has not worked, which is actually sad,

It would be interesting to see what would have happened if they had persisted with the ground effect car ad not knee jerked. But they had long enough to maybe realise that was never going to work. I don't think any amount of BoP can fix their issues sadly
Old 12 Sep 2024, 13:51 (Ref:4226254)   #1290
Matador
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That is a good question. I’d phrase it as with a decent budget as with a Peugeot budget is just madness!

Oh? What kind of numbers are we looking at here? Guesstimate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Where do you think Peugeot would have been with Toyota's BoP? OK BoP is not a success ballast but in this case the french team has been unfairly treated. From the beginning. They are not happy? Let them go back to what they did right, dentistry, mopeds and bicycles.

In a backroom designing a WRC car after shuttering the WEC program.

Quote:
I think best they can do is going back to the wingless car. That one was good at least on some tracks, new one is average at best and usually bad or very bad. But seems more likely they'll try to "fix" the winged car (again).

Question, is the winged wonder counted as a second homologation, or simply an evo with jokers applied?

Secondly, does anybody know if a second car is homologated, do they get back 5 jokers to develop it or if you "spend" 3 jokers on your first car, are you only allowed 2 for the second homologation? i.e. are the jokers assigned per team or per car?
Old 12 Sep 2024, 13:53 (Ref:4226256)   #1291
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Oh? What kind of numbers are we looking at here? Guesstimate?
I don’t know, but we’ve heard rumors that it is one of the biggest. No idea how credible that is.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 15:43 (Ref:4226264)   #1292
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

In a backroom designing a WRC car after shuttering the WEC program.

True.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 16:11 (Ref:4226266)   #1293
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Question, is the winged wonder counted as a second homologation, or simply an evo with jokers applied?
Its a brand new car counted as an evo of the wingless. No new homologation, no Bop a la Isotta and stuff. Yes, they've been unfairly treated but not the way one could think. A real shame.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 16:35 (Ref:4226271)   #1294
Matador
Veteran

Quote:
Its a brand new car counted as an evo of the wingless. No new homologation, no Bop a la Isotta and stuff. Yes, they've been unfairly treated but not the way one could think. A real shame.

Care to elaborate?
Old 12 Sep 2024, 16:52 (Ref:4226273)   #1295
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK! They've been recently moaning about an "unfair treatment". This was related to Bop adjustment. What I mean, tongue in cheek, is that I find that too many things have been done in their favor so far. Weight, front axle speed deployment, homologation of a brand new car as an evo, start the new season with the old car but keeping the same Bop, and many other things. They should not moan. Not at all IMO. The threaten of leaving the championship takes the mickey. Dare!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4226277)   #1296
Matador
Veteran

Quote:
OK! They've been recently moaning about an "unfair treatment". This was related to Bop adjustment. What I mean, tongue in cheek, is that I find that too many things have been done in their favor so far. Weight, front axle speed deployment, homologation of a brand new car as an evo, start the new season with the old car but keeping the same Bop, and many other things. They should not moan. Not at all IMO. The threaten of leaving the championship takes the mickey. Dare!

Ahh, gotchu. Well.... the threat of Alpine coming along nicely should make them adjust their perspoective
Old 12 Sep 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4226278)   #1297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 19:31 (Ref:4226280)   #1298
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ahh, gotchu. Well.... the threat of Alpine coming along nicely should make them adjust their perspoective

Might take a few seasons lol
Old 12 Sep 2024, 21:13 (Ref:4226289)   #1299
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The car is a turd, it really is that simple, it has never worked properly and should have been binned in favour of something better instead of wasting millions redesigning it, it looks fabulous, even with the awful paint job they use now, but sadly it is a pup!

This is the factory that took on Audi and won, and now they are getting beaten by just about everyone in the class, it cannot carry on without a new car. Stellantis will utterly loath being this useless. I actually think if the same budget was thrown at Isotta they would do better!
Old 13 Sep 2024, 07:20 (Ref:4226326)   #1300
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, Alpine have hardly covered themselves in glory. They seem quite out of their depth. The competition is way too tough for them. Would be surprised if they continue much longer