Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old Today, 00:42 (Ref:4227489)   #1351
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can’t handle the truth!

To be fair it is me saying people can’t handle it. There seems to be a lot of evidence for that.

Although it is opposite from the line from A Few Good Men. We don’t have to go deep down here, the truth is rather dull. The truth is that there are some people analysing some data. They probably drink Perrier water.
Old Today, 08:42 (Ref:4227504)   #1352
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sounds like self serving position of you don't know we get to pretend we know from inside info so you have to come to the media to get it and drives clicks/subscription. Or maybe I just don't trust any of those types that want to tell us what we can handle and limit it because arguing isn't good
Just for transparency - I own theracingline.media. I don't write for it, but I do own the name, the url, and CMS, and pay for it all. So I am not unbiased in this discussion.

The article was discussed at length in our group chat before being posted. It wasn't intended as a "you have to come to us to get info", but I can see how it comes across that way.

But the "we need to get the info from the media" is true about everything, surely? Whether that's external media, or the WEC website (which is barely usable), or podcasts, or the commentary team. We rely on media to relay information. Without that every fan would need to dig through the technical PDFs every race, which isn't reasonable.

To argue for the "fans don't need to know" side of things - how many people are aware LMGT3 has success ballast in WEC? Almost nobody. Because it's not mentioned anywhere other than some technical bulletins. The main sites rarely mention it, the commentary team doesn't mention it, RLM doesn't mention it. Since the media isn't talking about it, people aren't aware of it.

Sidenote: If you have an opinion piece you'd want to write but have no where to post it, then theracingline.media is open to anyone on ten tenths who wants to.
Old Today, 10:33 (Ref:4227515)   #1353
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

As an aside, I feel I ought to look at GT more. I’ve been automating the review of lap times, speeds, laps, stints, etc… as you might of noticed. For two reason. One is to teach myself python. Another is to make it easier for me to look at the data rather than spend the time pulling it together. Not that it took ages before, but I am time poor.

I mention because one aim to be able to easily switch to look at different classes. Which, apart from Le Mans, I rarely did. Like the TV coverage I concentrated on the top class.

Anyway, I agree, it is rarely mentioned that there is success ballast. I’ve been superficially tracking as I scrape the BoP data which, unless trl get their way is freely available.

And people can’t handle them