Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jan 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2111833)   #1351
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Well updated like normal

How do the VESA mob think they will build excitement in their brand and championship if they are making dodgy updates in public??

Madness
so out of that page, we have

22 confirmed as correct
3 confirmed incorrect eg Gurr
3 highly unlikely eg the Rat
7 still up in the air some of which are pure speculation......................... - on the official website

for a total of 35 drivers in 32 slots...

why bother...?? why not wait until the official rollout in almost 2 weeks. we probably won't confirm most of this stuff til then anyway
Old 23 Jan 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2111866)   #1352
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just like they had Tasman as Rockstar racing the first time they mucked around with the list now this 3 drivers in one BJR car, enough to confuse the hell out of the average bloke who might just have a quick look at whats going on .

what is going on with Tasmans sponsership no-one know??? can't be good financially for 08 why can't they get a sponser?
Old 23 Jan 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2111869)   #1353
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how sad are you blokes. you cant even read the first line. that would be the bit where it says "2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series"

you might want to show a bit of patience and wait for the 2008 launch on february 6th
Old 23 Jan 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2111879)   #1354
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
we are and thats when it will be right but why don't the "official site" do the same update the list properly when it's all confirmed.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2112300)   #1355
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It a bit troubling but the inflow of sponsors does not seem to meet the outflow this year to-date. But it may be a bit premature until we see all the liveries at the launch.

888 may be one of the bigger losers. With a rumoured ford cut across the board, No Sony Ericsson and Caltex leaving V8 Racing.

But I guess we will have to wait for the launches too see what other stickers appear.

FPR have picked up L&H and there is more sponsorship money at TWPG in 2008. Therefore if performance is related to the amount of sponsorship monies received we may be able to start picking championship contenders shortly.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2112306)   #1356
JustASupporter
Racer

JustASupporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
now this 3 drivers in one BJR car, enough to confuse the hell out of the average bloke who might just have a quick look at whats going on .
I feel sorry for the 3 drivers, it'd be very confusing having all those bodies in the 1 car and them fighting over the controls
Old 23 Jan 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2112317)   #1357
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by userisbott
I feel sorry for the 3 drivers, it'd be very confusing having all those bodies in the 1 car and them fighting over the controls
Its called "teamwork"

One to steer, one to operate pedals one to change gears.......

or maybe, one to drive, one to navigate and one to make roll bar, brake bias adjustments...
Old 23 Jan 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2112318)   #1358
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well updated like normal
It is titled - "2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series" - it doesn't actually claim to be a 2008 team/driver listing
Old 23 Jan 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2112332)   #1359
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog
It is titled - "2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series" - it doesn't actually claim to be a 2008 team/driver listing
So what does that mean? VESA doesn't know who drove what last year???
Old 24 Jan 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2112352)   #1360
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look for an announcement today or tomorrow for SBR's other driver to be confirmed. It will either be as Car 9 or as car 97 with Shane at the helm.

It is believed to be a new record in the time it took for a driver to go from a junior formula to a top drive in V8 Supercars
Old 24 Jan 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2112356)   #1361
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i still think maybe #9 will be Navman stepping up to sponser.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 01:45 (Ref:2112364)   #1362
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting that Navman is being offloaded by Brunswick, possibly back to it's original founder, Peter Maire - a guy who likes to drive a Ferrari but who has no real interest in race cars.

It's not impossible, but it wouldn't be a surprise if they weren't on the car. Having said that, the 100% Pure NZ idea seems to have gone cold too.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 03:26 (Ref:2112393)   #1363
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
just like they had Tasman as Rockstar racing the first time they mucked around with the list now this 3 drivers in one BJR car, enough to confuse the hell out of the average bloke who might just have a quick look at whats going on .

what is going on with Tasmans sponsership no-one know??? can't be good financially for 08 why can't they get a sponser?
There is no rockstar sponsorship,the same reason why the large staff turnover MANAGEMENT replace the man at the top and his driver son and things might get better.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2112399)   #1364
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well updated like normal

How do the VESA mob think they will build excitement in their brand and championship if they are making dodgy updates in public??

Madness
It's a BigPong site, what do you expect?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2112545)   #1365
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer
There is no rockstar sponsorship,the same reason why the large staff turnover MANAGEMENT replace the man at the top and his driver son and things might get better.
who is there sponser? do they have on ore many like in previous years?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2112557)   #1366
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anybody in this thread believe walden has the ability to do anything in the chamionship this year other than run at the back of the field? and any idea on whats goin on with FRSR? who would be driving for either of these teams?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2112560)   #1367
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
no, late putting a team together and a car.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2113086)   #1368
Pirtek_Falcon
Rookie

Pirtek_Falcon has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Andrew Thompson signs with PWR Racing
Release Date: 25/01/2008
PWR returns with single car Holden Commodore VE entry for rising star Young gun Andrew Thompson has signed to drive a Holden in this year’s V8 Supercar Championship Series.

Thompson, 20, will campaign the #50 PWR Performance Products Commodore VE in his first fulltime V8 season, with additional backing from Hog’s Breath Café and Queensland property marketers InvestQld.com.

PWR Racing will run the single car program from its Dandenong, Melbourne, race headquarters, with technical assistance from Walkinshaw Performance.

“I have been chipping away at a V8 ‘main game’ deal for the past six to seven months and it’s taken some work. I’ve had to be patient and wait until it was all signed and sealed, and now it is its full steam ahead,” an excited Thompson said.

PWR Racing Team Principal, Kees Weel said the opportunity to sign one of the sport’s brightest young stars was enough for him to reverse his decision not to field an entry in this year’s V8 series.

“You’ve got to introduce new blood and Andrew’s a fast and extremely talented young bloke worthy of being given a go. When this opportunity came up it wasn’t a difficult decision to jump straight back in,” Weel said.

“With continued technical support from Walkinshaw Performance we’ll give Andrew a good car and he’ll impress.”

The electrifying Gold Coaster first came to notice in karting, winning 13 State and two National titles and the CIK/FIA Oceania Championship before he won the Ford Kart Stars ‘scholarship’ series as a 15 year old in 2003.

In his first season of circuit racing in 2004, Thompson ran a shortened Formula Ford campaign, securing a race win and second overall in the Bathurst FFord Trophy and a round win in the Victorian State Series, finishing 11th in national series points.

Sitting out 2005, Thompson signed with Dick Johnson Racing the following year to contest the second tier Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series, finishing eighth overall and winning the season’s two final rounds – blitzing the field at Bathurst before backing that win up at Phillip Island.

He again contested the development series last year, but cut short his campaign with Howard Racing after just five rounds, electing to concentrate on his Sandown and Bathurst enduro debut with DJR.

After mechanical problems forced Thompson and co-driver Alex Davison out at Sandown, he struck back to finish eighth in his maiden Bathurst 1000 appearance, the highest placed rookie.

Thompson will have his first taste of a Holden at the official V8 Supercar pre-season test at Winton Motor Raceway, near Benalla, in two weeks before heading to Adelaide for the season-opening Clipsal 500 on 21-24 February.

“The first goal is to get into the car and get comfortable before Adelaide, while also trying to feel the difference between the Commodore and Falcon,” Thompson said.

Touted as a potential future champion, Thompson said he won’t feel any external pressures to perform when he makes his fulltime V8 debut next month.

“The only pressure I feel when I’m racing comes from within me, trying to achieve what I’ve set my sights on. If I can satisfy myself, then everything else will be looked after.”

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...=&gid=32677673
Old 25 Jan 2008, 02:15 (Ref:2113088)   #1369
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirtek_Falcon
PWR Racing Team Principal, Kees Weel said the opportunity to sign one of the sport’s brightest young stars was enough for him to reverse his decision not to field an entry in this year’s V8 series.
so it had nothing to do with not being able to sell the license in time to commence work for 2008?

congrats to Mr Thompson though, deserves a main series ride with his performances (albeit in a decent car), pity it's in a Holden though

i smell a new list coming from Racenut and Pro Racer
Old 25 Jan 2008, 02:40 (Ref:2113096)   #1370
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
no i had PWR on my last list with Thomo although i had Weel there aswell.

are they just getting technical assistance from WP with their current car or are they getting a WP cars aswell? if they are getting a car and D'Alberto runs it will make it 8 WP cars.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 02:50 (Ref:2113101)   #1371
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think PWR has sold their other license
Old 25 Jan 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2113104)   #1372
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I read the 2nd PWR licence was "sold" back to VESA.

Thompson, 20, will campaign the #50 PWR Performance Products Commodore VE in his first fulltime V8 season, with additional backing from Hog’s Breath Café and Queensland property marketers InvestQld.com.

With a name like that I would have thought they would at least have a website. Any one heard of these guys before?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2113111)   #1373
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AU

http://investqld.com.au/
McCarthy Group
Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:44 (Ref:2113130)   #1374
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
did Thomo bring them on board by any chance ?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2113148)   #1375
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yikes, I don't think Thompson is ready for the main game, even in a good car. No doubt with the budget he brings, PWR will be able to afford some pretty handy WP bits.......... but who will actually be running the show at race weekends? He needs an experienced race engineer, badly.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.