Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Apr 2007, 01:04 (Ref:1896772)   #1401
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob
I am looking into the history of the Graham Storah/ Terry Ryan Group C Mazda RX7 that ran at Bathurst in 1983
Does anyone have any info on it particularly before and after Storah ( or at any time really)
Thanks
From the Bathurst book
"Car 42 was a Sydney entry for Terry Ryan and Graham Storah. This was the three-year-old former John Duggan Rx7, bought by Ryan..."
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Apr 2007, 02:04 (Ref:1896779)   #1402
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that the Duggan RX7 from Bathurst 81 ( with O'Hehir) and 82 with Bretland What did Duggan do with it in 1980. Where did he get it from. Was it Gary Mecaks RX7 log booked in 1980
Old 21 Apr 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1896791)   #1403
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Was that the Duggan RX7 from Bathurst 81 ( with O'Hehir) and 82 with Bretland What did Duggan do with it in 1980. Where did he get it from. Was it Gary Mecaks RX7 log booked in 1980
I would presume you are right... the only other mention the car gets is they had problems with a brake disc, and later ignition wiring... and an inlet manifold air leak... too many cars to write about I guess...

Last edited by GTRMagic; 21 Apr 2007 at 03:35.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Apr 2007, 06:00 (Ref:1896808)   #1404
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
drbob,
Try and trck down Phil Alexander, he might know about the car. He had a groupC rx7 at the time.
Try ringing here http://www.carauctionssydney.com.au/contact.aspx

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 21 Apr 2007, 09:13 (Ref:1896866)   #1405
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I would presume you are right... the only other mention the car gets is they had problems with a brake disc, and later ignition wiring... and an inlet manifold air leak... too many cars to write about I guess...

Ahh yes, the days when Bathurst actually used the full grid....
Old 21 Apr 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1897329)   #1406
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
Ok the V8 years EB/VP to EL/VS where are they now.

96 Championship winner: HRT VR Commodore. Now a bare roll cage out the back of HRT’s workshops.
96 Bathurst winner: Same car as above.

This car (shell) was sold off by Walkinshaw last year to someone in Qld (I don't think it was to one of the big two) and was delivered to a V8 Supercar workshop!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 00:15 (Ref:1897339)   #1407
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz
This car (shell) was sold off by Walkinshaw last year to someone in Qld (I don't think it was to one of the big two) and was delivered to a V8 Supercar workshop!
Is WPS finally upgrading?
Old 22 Apr 2007, 02:00 (Ref:1897373)   #1408
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite possibly to Paul Morris.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1901105)   #1409
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found a picture of the TWR Commodore VL debuting at the Silverstone TT in 1988, notice that the car carries sponsorship from Telecom and Australian Airlines...hardly their target market place.

http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...lverstone.html
Old 27 Apr 2007, 02:08 (Ref:1901385)   #1410
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I presume that This car is the original Bob Holden Motors Sprinter?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1902334)   #1411
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am looking into the history of the Graham Storah/ Terry Ryan Group C Mazda RX7 that ran at Bathurst in 1983
Does anyone have any info on it particularly before and after Storah ( or at any time really)
Thanks
Further info on the Ryan RX7 :
The car was first logbooked as a Group E car in April 81 by Gary Mecak, dealer principal of Mazcars Croydon in Sydney. Mazcars/Mecak changed the logbook to Group C shortly thereafter because in 81 it ran at Bathurst driven by John Duggan/ Michael O'Hehir. Interestingly the Bathurst entry list at least in RCN says the entry was Duggan/Lyn Brown but Brown says he didn't have anything to do with the car.
In February 82 ownership was transferred to John Duggan who ran it in some ATCC rounds and at Amaroo Park. Also Bathurst 82 co driver Bretland
In February 83 Terry Ryan of Rymec Turbochargers bought it but didn't change the logbook ownership until September 83. Raced Bathurst 83 with Graham Storah.
It was then sold to Bob O'Reilly, Jack Giono, Mark Phelan , R.Alessi then back to Giono. They all raced it in Improved Production.

Does anyone have any contact details for any of the previous owners.

While researching this car I came across another Group C RX7. At the recent PI Historic I was talking to someone who said they had a Group C RX7 owned by O'Hehir but didn't know anything else about its history. I wondered whether it was the Duggan /O'Hehir car and hence 2 people claiming to have the same car.
After some research I found that this car was the Allan Bryant RX7 (Precinct Performance ) that ran at Bathurst in 79, 80 and 81. Allan Moffat in fact raced the car in a sports sedan race in May 1980 at Oran Park. O'Hehir then bought it but I can't see if he ran it in Group C. There were 2 further owners after O'Hehir, the last one racing it in Improved Production' having owned it since 1993 apparently.
It is amazing what is still out there to be discovered.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1902569)   #1412
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to talk to Mick O'Hehir he now owns a muffler shop in Penrith.I will try and find his card,
Old 1 May 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1903884)   #1413
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I presume that This car is the original Bob Holden Motors Sprinter?

Yep, I believe so...
Old 3 May 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1905766)   #1414
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weeks AA has an article on the EB Falcon and report that the 93 championship winning car was the one that Charles Ryman wrote off at Lakeside.
Old 5 May 2007, 03:55 (Ref:1906919)   #1415
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest AMC mag is a good one for Group C: second part of the Grice interview (and MIA Muscle asking about the Craven Mild VB... has anyone id'ed it?), and of course the Moffat ATCC-winning XY.
Old 5 May 2007, 04:14 (Ref:1906927)   #1416
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry
Latest AMC mag is a good one for Group C: second part of the Grice interview (and MIA Muscle asking about the Craven Mild VB... has anyone id'ed it?), and of course the Moffat ATCC-winning XY.
IIRC...The Grice car would be the car now owned by Willie Van Wersch. Neil Cunningham raced it in 81, then it was sold to Bernie Stack. Van Wersch ran a car at the Muscle Masters in Stacks 83 colours....
Old 5 May 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1907004)   #1417
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing to do with those cars but I believe Michael West is entering his Group C Commodore (not sure which car it is) in Sports Sedan's at Sandown on May 12-13. Also running is Rod Smith and Bob Gill in their ex-Seton EL and AU respectively as they were mentioned a page or so ago. Just in case anybody is interested in those cars.
Old 5 May 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1907023)   #1418
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonfan
IIRC...The Grice car would be the car now owned by Willie Van Wersch. Neil Cunningham raced it in 81, then it was sold to Bernie Stack. Van Wersch ran a car at the Muscle Masters in Stacks 83 colours....
The Craven Mild VB/VC is in Melbourne. The Car presented at MCM by van Wersch is a "don't know" and subject to a CAMS enquiry! It should never have been given permission to race.

The Craven Mild car went from Grice to Cunningham to Stack to Rosenberg to Bartch to a guy in Canberra and ended up in Maitland, wrongly identified and presented as an MHDT car then rescued and bought to Melbourne. restoration underway!
Old 5 May 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1907025)   #1419
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett
Nothing to do with those cars but I believe Michael West is entering his Group C Commodore (not sure which car it is) in Sports Sedan's at Sandown on May 12-13. Also running is Rod Smith and Bob Gill in their ex-Seton EL and AU respectively as they were mentioned a page or so ago. Just in case anybody is interested in those cars.
The Michael West car is i think the first of the Cullen Cars, the one Cullen and Jones used in 81.... then went to the Manson boys....
Old 5 May 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1907049)   #1420
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Camaroz, thanks for clearing the Gricey car up.
Old 5 May 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1907081)   #1421
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonfan
The Michael West car is i think the first of the Cullen Cars, the one Cullen and Jones used in 81.... then went to the Manson boys....
Yep.
Old 5 May 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1907244)   #1422
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Cullen/Jones '81 car, #1 or #12?

There is a Cullen '84-liveried Commodore sitting in a frontyard in Warimoo in the Blue Mountains, anyone know if it's the real thing or a replica?
Old 6 May 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1907601)   #1423
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Craven Mild VB/VC is in Melbourne. The Car presented at MCM by van Wersch is a "don't know" and subject to a CAMS enquiry! It should never have been given permission to race.

The Craven Mild car went from Grice to Cunningham to Stack to Rosenberg to Bartch to a guy in Canberra and ended up in Maitland, wrongly identified and presented as an MHDT car then rescued and bought to Melbourne. restoration underway!
Would its time with Stack have included that very quick trip into the Murray's fence at Bathurst?
Old 6 May 2007, 13:55 (Ref:1907649)   #1424
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would its time with Stack have included that very quick trip into the Murray's fence at Bathurst?
IF it is the same CMR car, that was about 1984?? in VH guise , if thats any help to anyone?
Old 6 May 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1908013)   #1425
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
1982, Stack and Parkinson (got backed in at Murray's). 1983, Stack and Jennings. 1984. No show (Stack shared the second Keogh NT car with Wayne Clift in 84.)