Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jan 2008, 02:30 (Ref:2114456)   #1401
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better him than Besnard. I know he did alright in the enduros but he just has that reputation. Good one week, bad the next 3
Old 27 Jan 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2114468)   #1402
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
FRSR is only there for the experience, so I think that its a no lose situation to bring in a rookie. They can only get better, so why not let the team and driver grow together,

I cannot say the same for SVG, I just don't think its a wise move from a top level team. I could be proven wrong, however I think he will struggle and SBR will lose momentum. He will not be in the top 10 in the championship. I reckon he might only just make it into top 15.

But I could be wrong.
For the record I strongly disagree with you. I have known Ross and Jimmy for more years than I care to remember, they have the data at their fingertips, and they are both canny individuals, not given to taking big risks. I share their belief in young Shane, who will quickly become another Ambrose, at least in my opinion.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 05:11 (Ref:2114478)   #1403
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark It is good to read your constructive comments I hope you have more than a passing interest in Kane Scott driving for TKR this year you have made a major contribution to Motor Sport ever since I have been interested the first I remember was Robbie Francivec in the Volvo which won the Australian touring car championship.
I think That Paul Morris (the Dude) won the NZ trans Am Chapionship driving for you.
It would be good to see a lost of your teams achievements over the years.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2114505)   #1404
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7
Pretty Sure we Already Know all of this...So Your Point is?
Old 27 Jan 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2114509)   #1405
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please have a look at this If you like betting...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=80885&page=23
Post #333
Old 27 Jan 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2114510)   #1406
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7
Please have a look at this If you like betting...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=80885&page=23
Post #333

what does this have to do with The 2008 Driver/Team Sponsor Movements???
Old 27 Jan 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2114515)   #1407
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceler8
what does this have to do with The 2008 Driver/Team Sponsor Movements???
You Can bet on any thing you like e.g V8 Supercars
Old 27 Jan 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2114517)   #1408
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
North QLD
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch
For the record I strongly disagree with you. I have known Ross and Jimmy for more years than I care to remember, they have the data at their fingertips, and they are both canny individuals, not given to taking big risks. I share their belief in young Shane, who will quickly become another Ambrose, at least in my opinion.
Yep, this is why I said I could be proven wrong. Ross and Jimmy are smart operators and I am sure they have more information available to them then I do as a spectator.

I just have a hunch, and most of the time my hunches are spot on. But I didn't think too much of Ambrose until I saw him race the Pirtek AU at Sandown...
Old 27 Jan 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2114561)   #1409
blue&red
Rookie

Australia
Australia
blue&red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by userisbott
http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorspor...157733720.html

AN OPEN-WHEELER up-and-comer who has never driven a V8 supercar will be racing in the championship big league in 2008.

In a bold move by race team boss Jim Morton, young West Australian Michael Patrizi has been named to drive the Ford Rising Stars Falcon in its debut season in the V8 supercars championship.

Patrizi, who raced in European formula three last year, will have his first taste of a V8 supercar in testing next month.

Kiwi teenager Shane Van Gisbergen has been confirmed at Stone Brothers Racing for the 2008 V8 supercars season, lining up alongside James Courtney. He replaces former champion Russell Ingall, who has joined the Paul Morris Motorsport Holden squad.

Looks like he has found the Person (driver??????) (with a big wallet/regardless of talent) to fund a dream ? ? ?
Old 27 Jan 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2114570)   #1410
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
FRSR is only there for the experience, so I think that its a no lose situation to bring in a rookie. They can only get better, so why not let the team and driver grow together,

I cannot say the same for SVG, I just don't think its a wise move from a top level team. I could be proven wrong, however I think he will struggle and SBR will lose momentum. He will not be in the top 10 in the championship. I reckon he might only just make it into top 15.

But I could be wrong.
If the FRSR setup gets off the ground (note that we have seen similar releases from Mr Walden....) the team is allegedly being staffed completely from FPR's garage. There should be no growing pains, no issues of that nature at all....

Taking a punt on Mr Patrizi may end in tears... and bent panels...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jan 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2114592)   #1411
blue&red
Rookie

Australia
Australia
blue&red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR your right on the money there.

From the 'powder-room' rumour is that FPR will staff the FRG (Ford Rising Gallahs) Of course there will be no growing pains as I know that they are all professional. Rumour has it that 'some' of the staff aren't happy working with bent panels that will come from a driver with lack of experience.

GTR, just wondering if you would happen to know about this guy?? Have never heard of him before.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2114611)   #1412
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But I could be wrong.
I would be surprised if he made the 10, James did last year and Rusty didn't.
Top 15 would be considered a great year, 15 to 20 would be admirable given his age, rememberinbg that if he makes 15 to 20 he has beated 8 - 12 other drivers.

2009 will be the year to watch the Giz, James can carry the banner in 08, as he did in 07.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2114618)   #1413
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue&red

From the 'powder-room' rumour is that FPR will staff the FRG (Ford Rising Gallahs) Of course there will be no growing pains as I know that they are all professional. Rumour has it that 'some' of the staff aren't happy working with bent panels that will come from a driver with lack of experience.

GTR, just wondering if you would happen to know about this guy?? Have never heard of him before.
http://www.michaelpatrizi.com/
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2114624)   #1414
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Taking a punt on Mr Patrizi may end in tears... and bent panels...
About 6 months ago I suspect the same could have been said of SVG.... not saying that this will not be the case (for either of them, in fact!) but there is recent history of extremely green rookies (well, one of them at least) managing to keep cars straight.

Last edited by Rombles1; 27 Jan 2008 at 12:15.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2114642)   #1415
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Plenty has been said about Mr Patrizi here but i have to ask, Is he that bad?

I know he doesn't have tin-top experience but those that jump straight to V8's from FF are usually fairly good.

Some take to it like a duck to water (lowndes, Ambrose) but even the mighty Tander took 6 months to get on top of it. And i'm sure Mr Rogers doesn't regret his decision taking him as he brought that team a lot of success and look where he is now.

Anyway, i had a question
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2114649)   #1416
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blue and Red ,
michael comes originally from kalgoorlie where his father made a lot of money in the engineering sector. I know he has put a lot into michaels racing in the past ( helping with the budget to run open wheelers in europe) . Bye the way he really is a lovely young kid whom is genuinely talented has been since he worked his way up from karts. Quite surprised to hear he is coming back to try the v8's though.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2114980)   #1417
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXRated
I would be surprised if he made the 10, James did last year and Rusty didn't.
Top 15 would be considered a great year, 15 to 20 would be admirable given his age, rememberinbg that if he makes 15 to 20 he has beated 8 - 12 other drivers.

2009 will be the year to watch the Giz, James can carry the banner in 08, as he did in 07.
I would not underestimate the Giz. Yes he is young but the boy can drive. He now as a handful of drives in a taxi (remember he never drove a tintop in anger before last year) and although I don't think he will be winning races this year he may surprise many by the end of the year.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2114991)   #1418
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
give the guy a fair go !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue&red

You've never heard of him, bent panels ... give him a go ... or do you already have posts knocking him & the team?
Axe to grind b & r? FRG? Come clean !!!!!

Of more interest is the decision to step up to the main game, by pass the cost of the Fujtsu experience. What extra time does Patrizi get in the car as a novice?
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2115066)   #1419
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another day, another list..

Has anyone noticed that the investqld.com website only has a placemarker, not a fully functioning place of business?

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2115075)   #1420
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a minor nitpick - Aren't 888 using DJR engines this year?
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2115084)   #1421
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Just a minor nitpick - Aren't 888 using DJR engines this year?
No.. it seems not.. Britek may, but its all quiet down Dandenong way.. with noise of a broom having been used to make a personnel realignment...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:31 (Ref:2115090)   #1422
Ford00
Racer

Australia
in your house.
Ford00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has that Walden Entry been confirmed??? Sorry but i do not have enough time to read all of the posts in this thread.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:58 (Ref:2115110)   #1423
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
What does the NES stand for with the Morris cars?

I too heard that Britek was going to run DJR engines. Heard nothing about 888
Old 28 Jan 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2115113)   #1424
Pirtek_Falcon
Rookie

Pirtek_Falcon has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why a change of number for SBR?
Old 28 Jan 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2115119)   #1425
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16
What does the NES stand for with the Morris cars?

I too heard that Britek was going to run DJR engines. Heard nothing about 888
NES = Noonan Engine Services as in Jamie Noonan, formerly of SBRE fame...

Britek still havent announced their 2008 #25 car branding... perhaps the DJR engine program, if it comes off, shall be announced at the same time?
#CANCERSUCKS