Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1941123)   #126
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
If they eliminate GT1 and make GT2 more like GT3, wont this present a safety issue? The speed differences between LMPs and GTs could become dangerous, quite frankly, especially under braking.
GT3's are only a couple of seconds slower than GT2, which could be made up with slight reg changes, while keeping costs down.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1941185)   #127
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Mmm, David Richards said Aston Martin/Prodrive has some more stuff in the pipeline. They want to go for overall victory!!!!!
I had heard the same thing in the RLM interview and was as surprised as the guys on RLM when I heard it, no mention when he was on SPEED though. hoping that would bring Vette with them and have a AM/Vette/Audi/Pug/Porsche/Acura lineup for overall wins?

Last edited by broadrun96; 18 Jun 2007 at 23:32.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1941198)   #128
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see how Aston Martin would have the money to legitimately run an LMP. If it's going to be another Chrysler or MG style campaign, it's really not worth it quite frankly.

However, I do think Aston Martin might serve well supplying engines since I think their engines would work well in LMPs.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:44 (Ref:1941252)   #129
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Oreca can build and run an LMP, and Pescaolro can finish on the podium at Le Mans, Prodrive/Aston Martin would have no problems, especially with the engineering capability they'll be building up for their F1 program.

If Prodrive continue their policy of supporting customer cars, it would be great for the top class.

Imagine that Aston V12 in a prototype..........!

'Dave Richards has dropped a broad hint Aston Martin are poised to take on Audi and Peugeot at future Le Mans.

Aston Martin chairman Richards celebrated a GT1 class victory on Sunday, with David Brabham, Darren Turner and Rickard Rydell in the DBR9.

Richards said: "What we have achieved is fantastic. It feels great. But we have things we want to achieve, and one of those is an outright victory."'

Last edited by JAG; 19 Jun 2007 at 01:50.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1941391)   #130
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Henri Pescarolo's views on the 2010 rules:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1941684)   #131
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While I agree that the renditions are pretty horrid (I mean, that "Corvette" looks to me like something between a Fabcar and Picchio DP) I agree with the idea that it's time to shake things up aerodynamically. Beyond the Audi and Peugeot (and Lola), trackside it was impossible to distinguish between the Courage, Pesca, Zytek and Creation. All are arriving at the same aero. solution given the current regs, and state of development. And I've wanted to do away with the raised nose, single seater look for some time.

Group C, of course, was heading that way also - since the Allard J2X can be considered aerodynamically the ultimate expression of the rules.

However, the way that they're phrasing it - "more recognition" - is inelegant. What are we to expect, production headlights and taillights?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1941713)   #132
JAG
Veteran

England
The fact Audi and Gordon Murray (last I read) are invloved in writing the regs, gives me confidence they'll come up with a nice set.

Audi has experience with DTM cars which are outragous, but retain road car looks.

Last edited by JAG; 19 Jun 2007 at 14:05.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1949854)   #133
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So will the possible Peugeot 908 customer car(s) in 08 be the current design or will they be more to the new regs?

L.P.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1949906)   #134
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
While I agree that the renditions are pretty horrid (I mean, that "Corvette" looks to me like something between a Fabcar and Picchio DP) I agree with the idea that it's time to shake things up aerodynamically. Beyond the Audi and Peugeot (and Lola), trackside it was impossible to distinguish between the Courage, Pesca, Zytek and Creation. All are arriving at the same aero. solution given the current regs, and state of development. And I've wanted to do away with the raised nose, single seater look for some time.

Group C, of course, was heading that way also - since the Allard J2X can be considered aerodynamically the ultimate expression of the rules.

However, the way that they're phrasing it - "more recognition" - is inelegant. What are we to expect, production headlights and taillights?
i concur with much of what you say but not on the looks side, at LM it was easy peasy to tell the different car's apart, the colour scheme's, lights and different bodywork makes it insanely easy.

not just that but i can tell from sound as well, all of the judd engined cars produced a different exhaust note, the dome S101.5 and creation CA07 sounded more screamy V10 like the old GV4, the pescarolo's sounded the same as the old GV5 engine with that kind of wailly sound.

the lola judd of charouz sounded quite shrill in its V10 exhaust note but lovely nonetheless, and it was easy to tell how the zytek's sounded, screaming V8, ears ****ing blood and backfiring that is more likened to a helicopter gunship attack on a fireworks factory, yes thats the zytek and my god i bloomin love that car!
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1950012)   #135
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i concur with much of what you say but not on the looks side, at LM it was easy peasy to tell the different car's apart, the colour scheme's, lights and different bodywork makes it insanely easy.

not just that but i can tell from sound as well, all of the judd engined cars produced a different exhaust note, the dome S101.5 and creation CA07 sounded more screamy V10 like the old GV4, the pescarolo's sounded the same as the old GV5 engine with that kind of wailly sound.

the lola judd of charouz sounded quite shrill in its V10 exhaust note but lovely nonetheless, and it was easy to tell how the zytek's sounded, screaming V8, ears ****ing blood and backfiring that is more likened to a helicopter gunship attack on a fireworks factory, yes thats the zytek and my god i bloomin love that car!
So average Joe can pick out a Zytek from a Creation from a Courage LC70, oh and let''s not forget about the P2 Zytek, Courage LC75.........etc.

I can pick out the difference's a between a 956 and 962 or XJR-9 to XJR-12, but I believe it's far better to have prototypes that have closer looks to a Mercedes CLK-LM or 911 GT1 '98.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1950019)   #136
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
So will the possible Peugeot 908 customer car(s) in 08 be the current design or will they be more to the new regs?

L.P.
I'm not sure if he was talking about small tech changes to current cars being carrired over to the 908, or totally new LMGTP 908's, built to the '2010' regs.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1954377)   #137
JAG
Veteran

England
From DSC, via Autosprint:-

Toyota have been testing the GT-ONE at Paul Ricard with a development engine.

2010?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1954402)   #138
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

2010?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 17:51 (Ref:1954414)   #139
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Didnt they test their F1 engines in a TS-020 too ?

Developement engine for what , F1 or Prototype ?

Oh ..... i hope its true
Old 4 Jul 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1954466)   #140
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Didnt they test their F1 engines in a TS-020 too ?

Developement engine for what , F1 or Prototype ?

Oh ..... i hope its true
You mean they tested a F1 engine in the TS020/GT-One before they builded their first F1 car? But now they have plenty of F1 cars available so it makes no sense to test a F1 engine in a LMP car.

Last edited by FIRE; 4 Jul 2007 at 19:01.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1954496)   #141
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I guess your right ..... I didnt think of that .

Be brilliant to see them come back to Le Mans for unfinished business though .
Old 4 Jul 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1954514)   #142
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
days of testing per year are limited in F1 right? they made have tried a engine on a different chassis to avoid this rule... even if i really would like to think that toyota is coming back to LM at the moment i don't believe it that much
Old 4 Jul 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1954517)   #143
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
You mean they tested a F1 engine in the TS020/GT-One before they builded their first F1 car? But now they have plenty of F1 cars available so it makes no sense to test a F1 engine in a LMP car.

The implication is they are testing a development sportscar engine in the GT-ONE with an eye on 2010.

Lola are talking to a Japanease manufactuer, apparently, so could that be Nissan/Mazda?

Audi vs Peugeot vs Porsche vs Toyota vs Nissan vs Acura vs Aston Martin vs GM Corvette in 2010, maybe a dream but it could happen.

If the ACO could attract four, two car manufactuer teams, backed up with a few customer cars, and the best of the best from Pescarolo, Zytek, Creation, that may justify the ACO's coupe formula and current petrol/diesel turmoil.

Last edited by JAG; 4 Jul 2007 at 20:01.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1954523)   #144
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
My money is on a Lola-Hyundai as they are in talks with a Korean manufacturer from what I read. After the Chevy-zation of Daewoo, Hyundai is the only one left on the European market.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1954612)   #145
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

2010?
Maybe after some very poor years contesting F.1 they are considering to go back to sportscar racing to look for some success...
Old 4 Jul 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1954617)   #146
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it happens, what's the likelihood of Toyota using the Lexus brand name for their ACO sportscar programme (given that they would be going head to head with Acura)? Just a thought...........
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1954636)   #147
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Pretty big, I guess. They're using the Lexus brand already in Super GT and Grand Am, so I guess sportscars might be Lexus territory now.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1954638)   #148
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Pretty big, I guess. They're using the Lexus brand already in Super GT and Grand Am, so I guess sportscars might be Lexus territory now.
It would certainly make sense (to me, anyway....).
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1954649)   #149
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Audi vs Peugeot vs Porsche vs Toyota vs Nissan vs Acura vs Aston Martin vs GM Corvette in 2010, maybe a dream but it could happen.
cant wait for the start of that LM Race !
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1954657)   #150
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi
cant wait for the start of that LM Race !
Yep, carnage at the Dunlop chicane first time around as the #16 Pescarolo slips through to take the lead (and wins)!