Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Apr 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3057517)   #126
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Seeing that Mr Schwerkolt appears involved in Tekno and the way his last relationship with James ended in acrimonious circumstances after the FPR / Pepsi deal fell over at the 11th hour, can't see this happening. Not to mention James will want big $ (whether deserved is another story) and Tekno isn't exactly flush with sponsorship at the moment.
So maybe Tekno is a destination if Murph ends up in control of the Pepsi deal? I am not sure though that the Kelly's would let that happen.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3057540)   #127
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
David Thexton in a Nissan could work...
Old Joke now, very tired.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3057549)   #128
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Little Jim is (if rumor is true) jumping ship from HRT to Tekno.
Nah. I had that theory too for a while, but anthony is right, due to the last deal falling over, there will be no future Schwerkolt/Pepsi/Courtney deal.

The latest from speedcafe has Schwerkolt taking his REC and running out of FPR ala RNR. My guess is Moffat and Norton will go with him.

Be nice if CS can see it in his heart to let #18 stay at DJR for maybe the VIP car to adopt. CS can easily pick up #10 or something.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3057660)   #129
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Be nice if CS can see it in his heart to let #18 stay at DJR for maybe the VIP car to adopt. CS can easily pick up #10 or something.
There's always #66 if they make a deal with WP or at least #65.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3057756)   #130
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
There's always #66 if they make a deal with WP or at least #65.
#66 could become available... if #51 ends up on the Supercheap car in 2013
Old 12 Apr 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3057761)   #131
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are we really seeing the dilution of the DJR brand?

At the moment I think its a real risk.

They don't own the licenses, don't own the cars... May not end well.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3057823)   #132
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So maybe Tekno is a destination if Murph ends up in control of the Pepsi deal? I am not sure though that the Kelly's would let that happen.
A driver to control Pepsi, interesting concept .. surely its only about value for the advertising buck for Pepsi ?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3058127)   #133
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
A driver to control Pepsi, interesting concept .. surely its only about value for the advertising buck for Pepsi ?
Well Murph did take the Castrol money to PMM to do a deal there, not impossible they could get attached to the investment they have made in the relationship with Murph, if he leaves the Kellys and they are not able to replace him with a similar calibre driver.

Whatever you say about Murph's driving, there's no doubt that he has a solid fanbase and is very marketable, which is arguably more important than outright results.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3058129)   #134
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well Murph did take the Castrol money to PMM to do a deal there, not impossible they could get attached to the investment they have made in the relationship with Murph, if he leaves the Kellys and they are not able to replace him with a similar calibre driver.

Whatever you say about Murph's driving, there's no doubt that he has a solid fanbase and is very marketable, which is arguably more important than outright results.

And effectively you could say the same thing about Mr Ingall.... Taking the Supercheap money from PMM to WR.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 04:21 (Ref:3058169)   #135
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
And effectively you could say the same thing about Mr Ingall.... Taking the Supercheap money from PMM to WR.
Exactly, this sort of thing is not unheard of.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3058202)   #136
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well Murph did take the Castrol money to PMM
Murph didn't bring Castrol sponsorship with him, during his tenure at Tasman Fuchs were the team's oil sponsor. Castrol wanted a big name in the car, hence why he was hired while Morris would have preferred, probably correctly as it turned out, to have continued with Tim Slade.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3058791)   #137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Quote:
David Thexton in a Nissan could work...
Old Joke now, very tired.
If This Article is to be believed, Mr Thexton is still around, still takes note of what goes on in the sport, and perhaps looks back on his years in the sport with fondness...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Apr 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3059193)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Almost) One down, eight (at least..) to go Here

Presumably Job #1 shall be the test unit for homologation purposes & to ultimately become the ride car..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Apr 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3059236)   #139
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If This Article is to be believed, Mr Thexton is still around, still takes note of what goes on in the sport, and perhaps looks back on his years in the sport with fondness...
Quote:
“Ford Motorsport gave us a lightweight shell that could hardly support its own weight, therefore a great deal of design thought was put into the FIA (not CAMS) spec roll cage structure to stiffen this car beyond any of its competition at the time. The torsional stiffness was greater than anything else in the day.
that's a nice quote, just reinforces my point that V8SC were never production based even from the earliest times from a privateers POV.

Always was a fan of Thexton, **** who wouldn't of done what he did if you had the cash to splash is my thinking
Old 15 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3059287)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Article also suggests that Mr Thexton could have fared better if he had purchased a better car than the ex-Paragon unit, given the reported pace of the ex-Waldock car.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3059365)   #141
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Article also suggests that Mr Thexton could have fared better if he had purchased a better car than the ex-Paragon unit, given the reported pace of the ex-Waldock car.
The interesting part about that is that other pilots drove the ex-PHR AU chassis on the same day as Mr Thexton and were 1-1.5s quicker in limited running...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3066424)   #142
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former F1 driver Christian Klien join next year V8 Supercars series?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3066485)   #143
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dodgy translation

Quote:
Christian Klien seems to have been found on the search for a new racing series, and strives for a place in the V8 Supercar Series
Christian Klien
Christian Klien can think of a good commitment in Australia
Zoom
© xpb.cc

(Motor-Total.com) - The former Formula 1 driver Christian Klien currently has no contract for the racing season of 2012, but because free in the premier class no cockpits, and also in the European sports car scene, the most attractive places are taken, he is now seeking a commitment in the Australian V8 Supercar series. In this interview he talks about how he has been working in recent weeks on this goal.

Question: ". Christian, the last sign of life were with the twelve hours of Bathurst a few weeks ago a Lotus Sport Exige GT4 what was going on lately?"
Christian Klien: "I am for some seemingly disappeared from the radar, but the last few weeks were still extremely hard working, normal, not only because of the fitness program I was in autumn, for example, a few times in Australia.."
At present, often in the plane to Australia

Question: "How come you have so a lot of bonus miles to be flown ...?"
Klien: "Definitely I have just come from a V8 Supercar test, a so-called evaluation Walkinshaw Racing Day at Winton Motor Raceway on, which is about two and a half hours north of Melbourne Walkinshaw Racing uses several cars in the series. The official works team, the Holden Racing Team and the Super Cheap Auto Racing team. There are a further Coates Hire Racing in the Dunlop Development Series and Bundaberg Racing in the V8 Ute Series. "

"With over 200 race wins, eight championships and nine victories in the Bathurst 1000 this team the most successful team in the V8 Supercar series. I had is from the beginning impressed on real, as Walkinshaw Racing has approached the test and how it performed perfectly . It has all the resources are available - everything from race engineers on the data collection and analysis through to the end of the test, I was very reminiscent of the Formula 1 since the team does not have to hide truth "..

Question: "What was the purpose of this test now?"
Klien: "Steve Hallam, CEO of Walkinshaw Racing, has invited me to her trial in April, it was a great opportunity to again take in a V8 Supercar place Steve has the biggest names worked in motorsport, including Ayrton Senna.. Nigel Mansell and Mika Hakkinen. So I was very happy when he contacted me. Driving was great. This V8 Supercars make a lot of fun. "
V8 Supercars make driving fun

Question: "That sounds as if the future of Christian Klien are in Australia ..."
Klien: "I was on the series really impressed when I was in October at the Gold Coast 600 in Surfers Paradise ride for the first time too, the racing mentality of Australians is unique after the Bathurst race, I went to the season opener in Adelaide.. to me to make another picture. The V8 Supercar series is available in Europe are not so well known, but in Australia appear to know each child each driver and the fans all have their favorite brand. It's really huge and the series lacks nothing . There is an incredible mass audience, great racing and excellent TV coverage. I am convinced that this series has gained worldwide attention is obtained. "

Question: "How the test is run?"
Klien: "Great - and it was a great experience, I could go over 100 laps and learn a lot about this 650-horsepower monster They are to take very special You need a completely different driving style than in a formula car or sports car... prototypes. I think, but I can well set on it, and it was a great challenge. There is little downforce and the key is, as always, to maximize tire life. Most importantly, however, that the engineers and I have pulled out of the day a lot. "

"When I had got used to the car, we went through several setup options. The Walkinshaw Racing team was very open to all technical feedback that I have given them. I was pretty impressed with how they have implemented that and we have improved the lap times then together piece by piece. I've been so long no longer had as much fun in a racing car and I certainly hope that the sequel will soon follow. "
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3066496)   #144
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
North QLD
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Ingall's replacement next year?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3066730)   #145
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Ingall's replacement next year?
Or Bathurst this year?
Old 29 Apr 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3066764)   #146
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Courtney to Kellys next year with Murph looking at staying as well.

Also herd Coulthard to HRT, but he doing to good at BJR. Why leave togo to a one man team?.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 29 Apr 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3066829)   #147
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Courtney to Kellys next year with Murph looking at staying as well.

Also herd Coulthard to HRT, but he doing to good at BJR. Why leave togo to a one man team?.
Courtney to Kellys? Any basis to that or is it just speculation? When does his current contract expire?
Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3067234)   #148
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
he is still contracted to WP, and is effectively "on loan" to BJR for this season. That's not to say WP will extend their contract with him beyond this season though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Courtney to Kellys? Any basis to that or is it just speculation? When does his current contract expire?
end of next season... but that didn't stop the Ingall/Supercheap juggernaut from displacing Fabs as above
Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3067239)   #149
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but it does mean that he wont be loaned to the Kellys,

to send Coultard to BJR was still within the holden branded teams

but Nissan would be another story
Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3067240)   #150
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does a change in manufacturer generate a force majeure, or do we get to see Mr Crennan & co in the courts to secure a release for Mr Murphy?
#CANCERSUCKS