Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3532279)   #126
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Others will be able to vouch for the quality of the stream but the 30 euros won't get you Le Mans coverage as the rights belong to Eurosport in Europe.
The WEC website claims that the season package including Le Mans is 29.99 euros, 19.99 euros excluding LM. Is this not the case?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3532283)   #127
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
The stream works well. IMO worth every penny to watch the entire race without commercials. Even with the races being shown live here on Fox Sports I would prefer to pay and not have commercials. Only issue is sometimes the quality drops a bit, usually a simple refresh clears that up right away.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3532284)   #128
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's not worth. Why to spend 10 extra € when the 30 days eurosport player subscription is about 7€?
just sign on 1 june and you'll enjoy a much better product for less.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3532285)   #129
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
The WEC website claims that the season package including Le Mans is 29.99 euros, 19.99 euros excluding LM. Is this not the case?
Sorry I didn't realise there was that option. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3532291)   #130
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If not, looks like Kobayashi will have to step in!
Lapierre has some good experience in rainy conditions. Just saying...

Putting jokes aside, it's a blow for Kazuki's ambitions in 2015. I am wishing him a prompt recovery.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3532298)   #131
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
it's not worth. Why to spend 10 extra € when the 30 days eurosport player subscription is about 7€?
This.

Also you'll actually get more coverage out of Eurosport than that 'dedicated' stream.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 18:35 (Ref:3532303)   #132
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC stream

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm going to give the live stream a go for Spa at least as it's only 4.99 euros, a little over £3.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3532307)   #133
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
This.

Also you'll actually get more coverage out of Eurosport than that 'dedicated' stream.
The only question actually is: Why not both? ^^

Multi monitor setup it needs to be.

-Eurosport for extended coverage
-Officiall stream for adfree streaming and hopefully Hindy and the boys. (Last years I've got them over the Audi onboard stream)
-Audi onboard (is always good for something... saw the Rockenfeller crash there live and it took ~3 minutes for TV and RLM coverage to become aware of it)
-One screen for timings and notes

And thats how you motivate yourself to buy bigger work desks
Old 30 Apr 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3532324)   #134
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Carlton Kirby anyone?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3532325)   #135
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Carlton Kirby anyone?
The sound can always be muted and switched over to alternative. And there's usually natural sounds external feed. Also CK isn't there every year if there's bicycling or whatever conflicting.

And in any case while as a whole the ES commentary is obviously inferior, of course it is, I'm probably the only one in the world who cannot stand Truswell giving trivial notebook information about pit stop lengths and fuel stints and who came in on lap 247 after every 20 seconds. Sorry people have different tastes.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3532329)   #136
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuliandred View Post

-Officiall stream for adfree streaming and hopefully Hindy and the boys. (Last years I've got them over the Audi onboard stream)
-Audi onboard (is always good for something... saw the Rockenfeller crash there live and it took ~3 minutes for TV and RLM coverage to become aware of it)

I like it! Need to do so reorganizing of furniture and wiring!
Old 30 Apr 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3532336)   #137
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuliandred View Post

yeah, but my favourite team is toyota racing... for le mans coverage I can only get 2 monitors... :/
Old 30 Apr 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3532339)   #138
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone watch the Patrick Dempsey onboard video the WEC Facebook page posted?

Something i noticed on the Proton car and the Falken car in IMSA, when they down shift you can hear the gearshift compressor in action, with the factory cars you cannot hear this. Another thing ive noticed is the WEC and IMSA factory Porsche 991s use different exhaust systems.

Last edited by tux; 30 Apr 2015 at 20:21.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3532356)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WEC 2015 Round 2: Spa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Sorry I didn't realise there was that option. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

That's right, and it's worth it.

Although I'm gutted that I bought the Le Mans part when I could have done Eurosport and saved 3€. Although I will be there too. You do get on boards too, but 3€. What a fool.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3532361)   #140
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been saving up, and I seriously considered the WEC package ... until I saw the absolutely beautiful ELMS HD stream--on demand--when i couldn't get either audio or video of WEC Spa practice.

For what it costs, I demand on-demand, and I ought to get practice as well. Even without commentary and a limited camera crew for the first day's practice, it would be great.

Getting only quali and the race on a stream of questionable quality and then, only if i don't have schedule conflicts? Cutting-edge-of-the-spoon technology.

Please, WEC, sell a product I can buy.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3532362)   #141
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That's right, and it's worth it.

Although I'm gutted that I bought the Le Mans part when I could have done Eurosport and saved 3€. Although I will be there too. You do get on boards too, but 3€. What a fool.
I know you are trying to build up some witty sarcasm here, but it doesn't hold up considering that the cheaper Eurosport Player also has onboards + the 24 Minutes (which may be useless for us but it's still something) + sessions you won't find on the ACO option (at least according to description last year - can't confirm since I didn't use the app) + ondemand
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3532363)   #142
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I've been saving up, and I seriously considered the WEC package ... until I saw the absolutely beautiful ELMS HD stream--on demand--when i couldn't get either audio or video of WEC Spa practice.

For what it costs, I demand on-demand, and I ought to get practice as well. Even without commentary and a limited camera crew for the first day's practice, it would be great.

Getting only quali and the race on a stream of questionable quality and then, only if i don't have schedule conflicts? Cutting-edge-of-the-spoon technology.

Please, WEC, sell a product I can buy.
The ELMS stream & ondemand is basically the same service they had for WEC before the age of paywall.

Old WEC streaming even used to cover FP3, and FP1+FP2(+warm-up) were on RLM. Times change...
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3532365)   #143
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I meant the dedicated on board channels. Are they on the Eurosport app? Don't remember that when I bought Eurosport for the month a couple of years back.

What's even worse is that I'm going to be at the race! Idiot alert.

Whatever, I'm happy with my purchase. And I like being happy.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3532368)   #144
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I meant the dedicated on board channels. Are they on the Eurosport app? Don't remember that when I bought Eurosport for the month a couple of years back.
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/fol...hours-in-full/
Enjoy comprehensive coverage of the world’s greatest endurance race with live coverage on 7 bonus channels, including 5 on-board cameras and an uninterrupted live race feed. Take control of the race with the Live broadcast control and rewind up to 3 hours or re-live all the best moments of the race with extensive video on demand.

link fixed

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Apr 2015 at 21:32.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3532369)   #145
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Link doesn't work, but sounds cool.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3532370)   #146
Deleted
Veteran

Working link
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/fol...hours-in-full/

Not that you really do anything it for this year considering it's for 2014, but it's likely remain the same or get better surely
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3532372)   #147
Deleted
Veteran

Hindy conducting Q&A with Audi/AMR/Porsche/Kolles employees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4vJXGJcbQ&t
Old 30 Apr 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3532373)   #148
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Well I'm not throwing good money after bad.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3532377)   #149
Deleted
Veteran

Anyway in that press conference Hindy asks Nico at one point
What does the simulation say, in terms of how close the lap time [is to F1] - a second, couple of seconds, three seconds? That's what it was at Silverstone.

What kind of pro-WEC weed has he been smoking again? Sure the new P1s have improved dramatically but they're still hardly on pace of F1 yet.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 22:29 (Ref:3532384)   #150
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well the "a second, couple of seconds" lead-in is a bit fanciful but had Hindhaugh started by saying 3 seconds instead of 1 or 2 I'm not sure either of us would be commenting on it! Going off the only metrics we have (Silverstone - 2014 F1 to 2015 LMP1) 3.78s off in qualifying and 3.66 off in the race is closer than it has been for a long time.

I'd say it was fair to think that LMP1 have improved their pace more than F1 cars have from last year. Of course the reasons behind that are a discussion for another time, thread and forum...

Last edited by J Jay; 30 Apr 2015 at 22:46. Reason: Got Chiana's post massively wrong; I need sleep.