Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 3 Jul 2007, 08:54 (Ref:1953158)   #126
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If hes more valuable to Honda than another team, he can do what he likes really. By all accounts, isnt Pedrosa Honda's investment in the future? Maybe he's trying to test that.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1953183)   #127
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
having an attitude didn't help Melandri get developments early on, and by the looks of things he still hasn't got them.
The satellite teams won't get any new parts ahead of the factory (Repsol) team. This being the first year of the 800cc's it is unlikely that they will get any major improvements until very late in the season, if at all. They are likely to in better shape next season when they will start with a bike that has 12 months of development.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1953188)   #128
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
having an attitude didn't help Melandri get developments early on, and by the looks of things he still hasn't got them.
Quote:
Meanwhile, Horiike added that the satellite Honda teams, which have struggled most with the new RC212V, will receive much needed technical updates after the summer break.

I think Honda are starting to take the blame for the poor results this year. In an interview on Dutch tv Hayden said that Honda had told him the bike wasn't build for him, which he wasn't to fond about, cause he IS the world champion.

In the other garage Alberto Puig is still adamant Honda did not design the bike for Pedrosa.

How good would it be if Pedrosa now signs for Ducati
Old 3 Jul 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1953472)   #129
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pedrosa is good, but at this point he doesn't look like a world beater. And I'm sure he was ****ed when Hayden went through and finished in front. I'll be keen to watch him the next few rounds. He'll stay at Honda though.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1953521)   #130
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is no way on earth the other Honda teams will get any stuff ahead of teh Repsol bikes, even Sete or Max werent able to get this despite being in front of the factory team in championhips past.

Even more unlikely now because the bike isnt really quick, Nicky has had to ask engineers to give him more control back and also he is using a PEdrosa chassis, strange really considering he holds the number one plate.
Its obvious to anyone who watches most sessions that Nicky is being shafted by Honda. over here you can tell Toby, Julian and Randy know coz they are so much more passionate when Nicky goes well.

As for Melandri, well the fact he was getting beat regualrly by Elias isnt gonna help him, he is a real hot and cold rider and doesnt seem to be able to get out of the habit. I think he is really struggling with teh Bridgey front tyre, its clearly a superb tyre but the Honda front end is so awful he cant exploit it.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1953726)   #131
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The customer Honda teams are to get updates for Brno after the summer break.

It's also funny that Pedrosa can't do better with a bike that was built for him.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 05:22 (Ref:1953876)   #132
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
How good would it be if Pedrosa now signs for Ducati
or even worse Kwaka.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1953988)   #133
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Even worse: Olympic team of Bobsleigh (lack of weight, sucking front grip)
Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1954106)   #134
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Note: I do belive that it's stipulated in Repsol's contract that they have the best bikes.

This came into play when Sete was after the title and had to "wait."
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1954223)   #135
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well then Dani and Hayden have the opertunity to get out.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1959752)   #136
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
John Hopkins to Kawasaki! He was far more patient with Suzuki than most would have been. Hope he's not leaving at the wrong time. Although, many in the paddock think the ZX-RR is a fast bike. Hopefully it is.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~150989.htm
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1959758)   #137
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Lorenzo to Yamaha confirmed. However at this point, it's only a verbal and pre-contract:

"However, as the 2007 season enters its second half, the 20-year-old's management company, Motorsport 48 (Lorenzo's race number, prior to this season, was 48), has confirmed to Spanish sporstpaper AS that both a verbal agreement and pre-contract are already in place to put Jorge on an M1 next year, presumably alongside Valentino Rossi in the factory team, and that only a few minor details now remain."

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~150973.htm
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1959759)   #138
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Now the perfect move: Rossi ---> Suzuki

...and Casey will be able to have his title next season.

(Added bonus: Lorenzo ---> Yamaha)

I'm sorry if someone take this seriously
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1959763)   #139
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I just opened a Rossi retirement thread. He says he's loyal to Yamaha. Personally I'd like to see him win on a third manufacturer. That's the stuff of legend. Don't see it happening though.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1960291)   #140
L34
Rookie

Australia
North Western Sydney, NSW, Australia
L34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does that put James Toseland for next year?

Teamed up with CV at Suzuki?

How about Dovi?

Any chance on seeing him moving up next year?

Last edited by L34; 11 Jul 2007 at 00:41.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:27 (Ref:1960376)   #141
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
John Hopkins to Kawasaki! He was far more patient with Suzuki than most would have been. Hope he's not leaving at the wrong time. Although, many in the paddock think the ZX-RR is a fast bike. Hopefully it is.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~150989.htm
I heard about the rumour for months, still I can't believe it is actually confirmed now. I think this is a step backward for Hopper. What would be his reasoning for this move? Suzuki are so close, maybe next year they can really be up there. Because of his performance he is certainly the number 1 rider at Suzuki. What more does he want? $?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1960441)   #142
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
seems Westy won't have a ride next season.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1960500)   #143
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think West is doing himself any harm, we still dont know about de Puniet, though I would imagine he will stay at Kawasaki.
Ever since Hopkins got the MOnster sponsorship it was clear he was gonna be on a Kawa, they are very closely linked with Kawasaki US.

As for Loris, not sure really, I think they will want to keep some level of continuity with Randy and he has been going pretty well recently. Gotta rememebr the team is run from France, so eitehr him or Guinters.

Also remember that Suzuki and maybe even KAwasaki might run satellite teams, one for Aspar, so the likes of West, Capirossi etc might have more rides to choose from, also rememebr Edwards is on the market, but he might be calling it a day!
Old 11 Jul 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1960572)   #144
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Maybe Kawa has offered Hopkins a good money. Kawa is the manufacturer with weaker riders. Frankly, De Puniet and Jacques are not top riders (Randy has done some good races, though), so if Kawa wants to profit from his (supposed) technical development this year it has to waste money hiring some worthy rider to focus the team and fight every race.

So from Kawa's side it makes sense, but, as Gerben said, what is the sense from Hop's side? Suzuki looks to be "on the move" to regain a top position in the higher category, but the Kawa seems to be also a good bike "without a head". All in all I think the move is risky. I wholeheartedly wish this is not one of those career changes that become a "lost opportunity" for the rider, if next year Suzuki is fighting for titles.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1960794)   #145
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
We may still see Capirossi at Kawasaki. Dorna want Kawasaki to support a third bike. Kawasaki have stated they don't have a privateer connection at the moment. So Dorna may step in and help Kawasaki fund a third bike.

Edwards has stated that he would race for Tech 3 if they ditched Dunlop. Enter Dorna again, as Tech 3 need the support.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 02:13 (Ref:1961198)   #146
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
if Cap-i-rex did leave Ducati for Kwaka or where ever would Ducati want another italian rider, if Cap-i-rex leaves maybe the Melandri to Ducati rumours might spark up again.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1961323)   #147
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I dont think Marco is really helping himself at the moment, comes across as a right whinger!! Just get on with it man, yes the bike is a struggle, but moaning incessantly isnt going to help! Cant see Ducati liking that kind of thing!
I honesty think Ducati will stay the same, unless they plump for someone young like Dovi,De Angelis or somsone like that.
As for Loris, I think he will stay at Ducati, might get farmed out to D'Antin maybe if they bring a new rider in.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 01:51 (Ref:1962066)   #148
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres been a lot of talk about Toesland ending up at Suzuki being generated by the UK PR machine, but i wonder what the chances of West ending up in that seat are if the Kawasaki 3rd seat doesnt materialise? I wouldnt be surprised theo if the rider that ends un in that seat is the one that brings the trailer.

i think Caparossi will go green.

Melandri will continue to spit the dummy and tell the world how awesome he is regardless of where he goes next year.

What ais the possibility of Hayden being shifted over in place of Melandri? has he signed a deal direct with Repsol , or with HRC in general?
Old 13 Jul 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1962427)   #149
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
This thread has been totally focussing on Motogp, but I was just wondering who is going to replace Lorenzo at Aprilia? This is the seat to have in 250cc, especially if you want to have a future in MotoGP. Surely it will be a Spaniard if Aprilia want to retain Fortuna.

It also looks more and more likely that Melandri will go to Ducati, will that leave a vacant Honda seat for Dovizioso? Again, who is going to replace Dovi on the 250cc Honda. I don't think this seat is as important as the Aprilia seat Lorenzo is going to leave, as I have the impression it is Dovizioso that makes the Honda look good.

There are a couple of good 125cc riders at the moment, that could jump to 250cc, especially Pasini, but will he get the works Aprilia in his first season???
Old 14 Jul 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1962993)   #150
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Westy said on RPM today that he is trying to put in some good performaces to nudge DePuniet out due to his crashing lately, although unlikely IMO.