Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Feb 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1846999)   #126
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that Mr Rogers has voiced his opinion, it'll be very interesting to see if any of the other team owners back him up.Good on him for having the courage to speak his mind. I sincerely hope that the whole team ownership ? is settled and if there's a case to answer, then penalties should be applied, as the credibilty of the series should be the number one concern here, not how big the team is. We've all seen numerous AFL / League teams be fined for various offences and they seem to survive OK.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1847031)   #127
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hot air - just put up

What have HSV / HRT done wrong?

No innuendo - nudge, nudge! Facts!!!

Garry Rogers delivered a wet lettuce devoid of ANY facts.
Ford teams appear to lack the expertise to prove anything is wrong.
Ford have not addressed the issue with facts.

TEGA have accepted all is in order!

Yet still we have whining Ford afficionardos unwilling to criticise their own - surely these incompetent, unable people should be replaced - who are these people, surely Ford fans will expose them for the fools they claim them to be.
Are we talking about Wayne Cattach ex DJR or who? The blokes at FPR, SBR?

We all know Tom Waliknshaw has come a long way since his first professional gig driving for Ford, but it is time a few of you moved on - it is a long time since Snappy Tom gave the blue oval the flick & moved on to Jag & Porsche, Mazda, BMW etc - any chance the critics might deal with their issues of jealousy/green eyed envy, even widen their perspective to motorsport generally !!!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1847108)   #128
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
its simple. they were unable to produce information that produced they are a seperate entity.

TEGA have not accepted it is all in order. they have accepted at face value subject to the producing the items in short term future. before WA round. if they dont produce the info they are out for WA.

these are facts.

you on the other hand have done exactly what you accussed others of doing. where are your facts regarding ford and its inability to address the issue with facts. the issue has been raised at TEGA level (the apprpriate channel) we are not privy to the information that goes on theer. we do know that skaife is off the TEGA board.

so how do you know ford have not produced information

I work for a company who has a much more convulted sytem of ownership that HRT. but come and see me tomorrow and i will show you the ownership structure, management structure, share certificates, partnership agreements, list of directors there dates of appointment, in fact everything you need to know to prove the ownership. i dont need a year to do it
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1847127)   #129
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see what all the fuss is about wrt ownership either.

It's not like HSV/HRT are not allowed to share data... so why is the alleged ownership of two teams such an issue?

There's multi-team cars in NASCAR, where's the cheating there? There isn't because it's a non-issue.

There, feel better for saving someone the trouble of answering my own question.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:16 (Ref:1847139)   #130
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Nor is it about the "piston slapping" Gen 3 V8.
Spot on.

It also isn't about Ford Boss V8 motors unable to rev past 6000rpm.... SAFELY.

Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1847150)   #131
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Spot on.

Touchie.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1847155)   #132
cavvy
Veteran

even Peck admits it doesnt take a year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
its simple. they were unable to produce information that produced they are a seperate entity.

i dont need a year to do it
So you blame TEGA - have Ford/Ford Teams been inactive for a year, but the fault lies with TEGA - are you able to isolate those responsible or dont you know? Kelvin O'Reilly gave the current situation the OK, yes/no?

I do not know if all is above board, BUT if it has taken HRT/HSV competitors a year to act it reflects more on them than anyone else.
Piddlers is a description that comes to mind.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1847157)   #133
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spot on.

What's the Redline on a BOSS V8?
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1847159)   #134
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since you put the acid on everyone else, cavvy, whose barrow do you push?

Anyone would think you perhaps had an enduro drive or ongoing testing or ride day work with either HRT, HSVDT, or even both?

Or have your hackles just not been trimmed for a while?
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:41 (Ref:1847163)   #135
cavvy
Veteran

situations vacant

Quote:

I work for a company who has a much more convulted sytem of ownership that HRT. but come and see me tomorrow and i will show you the ownership structure, management structure, share certificates, partnership agreements, list of directors there dates of appointment, in fact everything you need to know to prove the ownership. i dont need a year to do it
You'd reckon Ford could afford a pro like Peck with the professional acumen, seems not - then again maybe they do, & can not find anything wrong.

As for inferring ProDrive dont employ this sort of talent .... fair go!!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:43 (Ref:1847164)   #136
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
There's multi-team cars in NASCAR, where's the cheating there? There isn't because it's a non-issue.

Cause they are not NASCAR even thou they (supertaxi's )think they are.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1847169)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
So you blame TEGA - have Ford/Ford Teams been inactive for a year, but the fault lies with TEGA - are you able to isolate those responsible or dont you know? Kelvin O'Reilly gave the current situation the OK, yes/no?

I do not know if all is above board, BUT if it has taken HRT/HSV competitors a year to act it reflects more on them than anyone else.
Piddlers is a description that comes to mind.

partly i blame TEGA but TEGA were hamstrung by having skaife on the board of 5. TEGA is now a board of 7. much more power for tEGA less for Skaife/TW

but mostly i blame TWR and their continual efforts to manipulate the rules and push them to an inch of legality.

HRT should ahve been anned yearr ago (was it 2003) but they were minipulated then. now as a more independant power they are showing some teeth
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1847173)   #138
cavvy
Veteran

on a roll .... ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Since you put the acid on everyone else, cavvy, whose barrow do you push?

Anyone would think you perhaps had an enduro drive or ongoing testing or ride day work with either HRT, HSVDT, or even both?

Or have your hackles just not been trimmed for a while?
Why havent you tabled some support for that shameful post about Tom Walkinshaw - start with the bank that was involved?

I have no time for those who are so involved with Ford or Holden that they can not see the wood for the trees.

Take Craig Lowndes, he is every bit a driver to watch regardless of make & I am contemptuous of those that try to spin it for self serving reasons.

Note: Peckstar is not in this category despite our current debate, he follows our sport.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1847183)   #139
cavvy
Veteran

thats better

Quote:
partly i blame TEGA but TEGA were hamstrung by having skaife on the board of 5. TEGA is now a board of 7. much more power for tEGA less for Skaife/TW

but mostly i blame TWR and their continual efforts to manipulate the rules and push them to an inch of legality.

HRT should ahve been anned yearr ago (was it 2003) but they were minipulated then. now as a more independant power they are showing some teeth
I accept this assessment, but note your acknowledgement of legality - lets hope TEGA get on with it.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1847191)   #140
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Why havent you tabled some support for that shameful post about Tom Walkinshaw - start with the bank that was involved?

I have no time for those who are so involved with Ford or Holden that they can not see the wood for the trees.
There was no bank involved. The guys were cash buyers - at the time.

I'm involved with neither Ford or Holden, and it depends how you prune your trees as to what you see. Some of us are probably beginning to wonder what you see and why you so vehemently defend for someone with "no such allegience".

It's all quite fascinating
Old 21 Feb 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1847350)   #141
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia

Quote:

TEGA have not accepted it is all in order. they have accepted at face value subject to the producing the items in short term future. before WA round. if they dont produce the info they are out for WA.

these are facts.

you on the other hand have done exactly what you accussed others of doing. where are your facts regarding ford and its inability to address the issue with facts. the issue has been raised at TEGA level (the apprpriate channel) we are not privy to the information that goes on theer. we do know that skaife is off the TEGA board.

so how do you know ford have not produced information

Problem solved. HRT should employ Peckstar to fix the less 'convulted' system at HRT. As it's taken HRT over a year not to provide sufficient details, I have grave doubts about them being able to supply the necessary information prior to Perth's Wanneroo round, this season. Peckstar, you da man... get into their books, brudda!

We don't want cheats in the sport. In fact, I reckon Holden should be banned from the sport as they would know all the details about the Walkinshaw race team ownership thingy...and are being deliberately deceitful. How is it that Ford can keep its nose clean and Holden seem to continually redefine the rules just to suit themselves? Hah?

One more thing, Skaife should have his license terminated as he is clearly being coy about his position regarding the ownership issue.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1847351)   #142
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Cause they are not NASCAR even thou they (supertaxi's )think they are.
Oh that makes sense. I guess you're right.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1847357)   #143
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
There was no bank involved. The guys were cash buyers - at the time.

I'm involved with neither Ford or Holden, and it depends how you prune your trees as to what you see. Some of us are probably beginning to wonder what you see and why you so vehemently defend for someone with "no such allegience".

It's all quite fascinating

So why/how would /could you pay for this deal in cash????????
I don't know of any transaction amounting to multi millions that would be paid in cash.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1847546)   #144
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he means that the deal is not encumbent to a bank, i.e., they didn't have to borrow to do it. Whcih would make things messier and leaves a paper trail a mile wide.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1847564)   #145
v8race1
Racer

v8race1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else see the segment on sunrise where it was stated toll hsv has been cleared however hrt has until today to show the required paperwork.

So is this still a pr stunt or will it go much deeper....
Old 21 Feb 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1847586)   #146
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
I think he means that the deal is not encumbent to a bank, i.e., they didn't have to borrow to do it. Whcih would make things messier and leaves a paper trail a mile wide.

Mmmm now that the effects of alcolhol have left me I can see that is what he meant.

Still there would be a paperwork trail showing where money changed hands.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 22:49 (Ref:1847601)   #147
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, but it'll be much harder to find without some serious bits of paper from a court house.

The Sunrise announcement was odd. Have the miscalculated in clearing HSVDT and left HRT open to attack instead?
Old 21 Feb 2007, 23:19 (Ref:1847620)   #148
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who employees the Kelvinator? If he is elected by the franchise holders, there may be some who might call for his head (from both sides) after his mis-handling of this.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 23:25 (Ref:1847624)   #149
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
we do know that skaife is off the TEGA board.
When did that happen?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 01:51 (Ref:1847677)   #150
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
When did that happen?

"Conflict of interest" step down is different to " ... off the Board"

Mike