Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 2004, 17:45 (Ref:1080756)   #126
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by luke

Anyway GPL do take a long time to order but they get their stuff exculsive. Well I orded the Mansell/Senna Williams British Grand Prix 1991 in April and it still hasn't come, infact I doubt it shall come before christmas.
I ordered a Damon Hill Brabham Judd in 1:43 in May 2003.

It is yet to arrive.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1080880)   #127
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've dealt with GPL a number of times and have found them to be OK. Their customer service could be improved however.

I tend to buy discount clothing from them rather than full price kit.

For diecast models I would urge you to look at www.modelissimo.de

Their prices are very good and they tend to get models weeks, if not months before UK stores.

Check out their 'Special Offer' section. You can pick up the Minichamps 1/18 Texaco Sirrera Cosworth for £31!

Importantly, everything listed on the site is in stock.

Plus shipping is only 10 Euros for as many models as you like. As they are based in Germany there are no customs charges.

Last edited by JAG; 29 Aug 2004 at 20:14.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1081252)   #128
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks a million JAG, just spotted the cheap exoto cars ...heaven I have all ways dreampt of having an exoto car but they are userly to exspensive in this country userly around £139 compared to some of their's brilliant deals, may order soon but can I trust them....?
Old 30 Aug 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1081817)   #129
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just bought a 1:18 1997 Johnny Herbert Sauber/Onyx from a friend for £20, which he got for £10 at a car boot sale.
No box slight damage but other wise rare, aparently from America.....Good deal?
Old 30 Aug 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1081929)   #130
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks a million JAG, just spotted the cheap exoto cars ...heaven I have all ways dreampt of having an exoto car but they are userly to exspensive in this country userly around £139 compared to some of their's brilliant deals, may order soon but can I trust them....?
You can trust them. They are one of the best stores in the world!

I've ordered dozens of models from them, and all arrive within 4-5 days with no problems whatsoever.

Remember their prices are in Euros not £, so the cheap Exotos are only around £60!

For Exoto models also check out this site. They are UK based.

www.18thc.co.uk

Last edited by JAG; 30 Aug 2004 at 22:17.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:55 (Ref:1082317)   #131
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regard to Modelissimo, they are indeed excellent. Very quick delivery, good prices, only appear to advertise what is actually in stock as well and good prices.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1082943)   #132
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you could have got the Sauber cheaper in mint condition boxed Luke. Onyx models seem to tumble in value for some reason.

Onyx didn't make the greatest models, but they had some nifty details I thought.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 18:42 (Ref:1084037)   #133
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Does anyone have any Exoto models? I heard they are encredibly detalied.

Last edited by luke; 1 Sep 2004 at 18:43.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1084143)   #134
JAG
Veteran

England
I have around 10 at the moment. I have just bought a new Exoto Cobra Daytona off ebay for £38!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1084220)   #135
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Bargin! you have saved £99 of the GPL price.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 07:54 (Ref:1084471)   #136
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/ has got a sale on at the moment, there are diecasts and kits in various scales going cheap - worth a look.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 02:00 (Ref:1086493)   #137
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got an Exoto yeah, number 61 from Le Mans 89. Absolutely awesome model, same as the Ferrari 641/2 (think I've already mentioned these on the first page hehe

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mikehoyerf1/Exoto/5.JPG - Ferrari

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCF2466.jpg - Sauber

Regarding Grand Prix Legends, I'm not too impressed with their service. I bought a DVD off them, well pre-ordered expecting to get it on release day, or the next day, and it took a week. A friend has ordered a model that never arrived.

From now on I'm buying videos direct from Duke, and other stuff from places like TSF1 if I can help it!
Old 4 Sep 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1086870)   #138
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Got a Williams FW23 minichamps 1:18 Ralf Schumacher first win for 12 quid today. Good bargainage!
Old 5 Sep 2004, 10:34 (Ref:1087263)   #139
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Where did you get it from?
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1087370)   #140
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

eBay.

You get some great stuff on there......
Old 6 Sep 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1088476)   #141
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Do any of you guys think Minichamps etc. may make any more Mansell cars. There is only really the '90 Ferrari and the '91 Williams and maybe his Lotus.
Common the 86 or 87 Williams that would be a bute.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1088486)   #142
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Do any of you guys think Minichamps etc. may make any more Mansell cars. There is only really the '90 Ferrari and the '91 Williams and maybe his Lotus.
Common the 86 or 87 Williams that would be a bute.
in 1/43 MINICHAMPS makes his 92 car both as a single piece and as part of the wdc collection as a 2 car set with prost's 93 williams. there has been talk of a future release of either the 86/87 car and this fall there is supposed to be a release of a mansell/senna 'taxi' from the 91 british gp that will be made available in 1/43 and 1/18th...
Old 6 Sep 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1088494)   #143
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
There is supposed to be a release of a mansell/senna 'taxi' from the 91 british gp that will be made available in 1/43 and 1/18th...

Yes,
I know that for shore because I orded it last April.
It is due this mounth.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1088828)   #144
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not coming this month I'm afraid. Our forecast from the distributor is "4th Quarter" but the bloody Hill '92 Brabham was "4th Quarter" for about 3 years to don't get too excited until it arrives.

On a side note there are a lot of Mansell Williams' on the way including the 1987, 1991 and 1992 cars.

P.S.

Cheers for putting Luke straight for us Knowlesy! I sure hope TSF1 haven't closed down as I'm still turning up at work and getting my wages paid by them! I probably met you in the shop actually Luke, I was the younger one with glasses!

Last edited by Damon; 7 Sep 2004 at 08:47.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1089171)   #145
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I have been going to TSF1 for a bout 4 or 5 years now reguily buying cars at their shop, untill earliy this year when I noticed there was a closing down sale=50% off. I fought a closing down sale was when a shop closes down.
Damon I don't know if I have met you but I remember a guy called Nathon and another guy, that maybe you and a girl.

TSF1 is by far the best model car shop around down south, keep up the good work.
I have quite a lot of money at the moment so I may pop in this mounth.

Last edited by luke; 7 Sep 2004 at 15:23.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1089188)   #146
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Nathan, that's me! Damon is my alias.

The shop itself did close down in January because of untold amounts of hassle from the council (but that's another, very boring story) but we're still trading nicely via the website. We've got the warehouse over in Bognor Regis now and you're quite welcome to pop in and visit just so long as you let us know you are coming first .
Old 7 Sep 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1089194)   #147
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Cheers mate.
Yeah, I have met you a couple of times. Including Goodwood '01. I look forward to meeting you again.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1090205)   #148
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Obviously you probably collect or are thinking about collecting model cars seeing as you are reading this thread.
What is your favourite car of your collection?

Last edited by luke; 8 Sep 2004 at 19:05.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1090264)   #149
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got very few these days, certainly nothing like the real collectors jobs some of you guys had. What I really remember though is the 1:24 Jagermeister Porsche 956 I used to have - that was a great looking car - bought it at Le Mans way back in 86 or 87. Pride of place in my study though goes to a very "ordinary" 1:24 Burago Lotus 97T, which I bought around the time it was being driven by the greatest F1 driver of them all......
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:06 (Ref:1090735)   #150
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Obviously you probably collect or are thinking about collecting model cars seeing as you are reading this thread.
What is your favourite car of your collection?
I'm actually in the process of trying to sell mine at the moment (as Knowlesy knows - sorry matey I will get that list to you soon!). What with recently moving out of my folks and having to work with the bloody things all day it's a happy combination of needing the cash and getting a little bored of them. I've got about 60 in total. The only ones I'm keeping and therefore my faves are the Minichamps Ayrton Senna '90/'91 Championship Box Set, an Onyx Senna McLaren MP4/5 (1989) with original full Marlboro livery, my Damon Hill 1997 Arrows and 1993 Williams and my Nigel Mansell Onyx Williams FW14 (until the Minichamps one comes out anyway).