Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2644458)   #126
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 5 mill from the government was on the agreement that the V8supercars return to Wanneroo ( I cant say that other name! ) for this year. Now that that agreement by Avesco was thrown out the government don't need to hand it over.

Personally if I was Barnett I would keep the money after the way we as West Australians have been screwed once again by the GST crap. We a minus some where between $200mill and $420mill in GST budget!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2644460)   #127
Nivola
Racer

One other thing about history of Wanneroo there has never been a fatality at the venue since it opened except for bikes. Name another venue (Not street track) with that record except Queensland that is such a younger circuit.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2644464)   #128
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you really think that having a tyre in pit lane as a barrier is an OH&S issue? Yes, he hit it, and it stopped him from hitting people. THEREFORE said tyre did its job correctly, and completely. The issue with Barbagello isn't an OH&S one, its that Cocho reckons he can suck some more money out of the WA Government. Hey, it works for Bernie doesn't it??

If OH&S was the issue, the V8's wouldn't be going to Sandown this year, as the pit entry isn't up to scratch by your standards (ever stood at the first garage peck? There isn't anything between you and race traffic) and they have race traffic mingling with pedestrians, nor would they be going to Albert Park (they have to drive through the general plebs to get to pit lane)

[mod]paragraph removed - getting a bit personal, no need[/mod]

Last edited by Woolley; 4 Mar 2010 at 00:32. Reason: verging on an attack
Old 3 Mar 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2644487)   #129
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the other day there was a car accident and no one was hurt, therfore cars are safe, oh wait thats bad logic, as is your argument about no one was hurt in the recent barbagello incident, conveniantly missing the rest of the discussion

you may very well be right about sandown (and yes i have stoof there, but the pit entry isnt in the run off area there and as i have said its not just about the pit entry. I have never seen race traffic mingle with pedestrrians at eitehr of thoise tracks, maybe you need to explain that better

why do i defend, its simple it because people like yourself, mislead and misrepresnt and in the spirit of the late don chipp, Im keeping the bludgers honest and on this forum there are many people with vested interests and bias who need to be kept honest.

edit woops had to change the don chipp word because of the auto censor
Old 4 Mar 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2644492)   #130
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the other day there was a car accident and no one was hurt, therfore cars are safe, oh wait thats bad logic, as is your argument about no one was hurt in the recent barbagello incident, conveniantly missing the rest of the discussion
Ok, the whole reason that the car ended up where it was was a combination of a broken car, and a slippery track, they are points that YOU seem to be conveniently ignoring

Quote:
You may very well be right about sandown (and yes i have stoof there, but the pit entry isnt in the run off area there and as i have said its not just about the pit entry. I have never seen race traffic mingle with pedestrrians at eitehr of thoise tracks, maybe you need to explain that better
My apologies, I meant that paddock traffic mingles with pedestrians, which I believe (I'm not going back to check) was one of the reasons that VESA said that Barbagello wasn't up to scratch. The pit lane entry isn't in the run off, it is actually on race line for a part, all it takes is for a car to break at the wrong moment and you have a car going race speed into a pit garage...THAT is an OH&S issue.

Quote:
why do i defend, its simple it because people like yourself, mislead and misrepresnt and in the spirit of the late don chipp, Im keeping the bludgers honest and on this forum there are many people with vested interests and bias who need to be kept honest.

edit woops had to change the don chipp word because of the auto censor
I think that you will find that Don Chipp was keeping the Government honest
We (the royal one btw) see the V8 circus from two angles, the one that they want us to see, and the one that we see while working at racemeetings, and from our sources inside the business. We have come to similar conclusions separately, based on our experiences, and the fact that they are similar conclusions should speak volumes about the legitimacy of our individual thought processes.
At the end of the day, who do you believe: VESA, whose buisiness and incom rests upon punters listening to them, or a dedicated bunch of experienced volunteers who give up their weekends time and time again? I know which one I would be paying creedance to...
Old 4 Mar 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2644495)   #131
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not having a go at you Peckstar, but you seem to be talking 2 opposite sides of the same argument when it comes to safety, Barbagallo/Wanneroo and the Safety Car issue. Nothing has yet happend involving injury to a marshall in the SC issue so you believe the situation as it stands is ok, yet with Wanneroo nothing has yet happened yet it must be fixed??
Old 4 Mar 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2644497)   #132
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, keep it civil, please, no need to be personal. Post above edited for being borderline attack.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2644544)   #133
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is no question Wanneroo needs some work, but at any cost?

I don't think so and I don't think taxpayers need to be on the hook for it as well.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2644547)   #134
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VESA scheduling

Still no mention of VESA scheduling two (2) trips to Barbagallo in one financial year.

There has been mention by VESA of how much it costs to go to WA.

There has been mention of two meetings in one financial year being a problem to WASCC & WA sponsors ...

How flexible are the team budgets?

Simply about today money for VESA.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 06:46 (Ref:2644606)   #135
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes they said that 6 years ago, still waiting, they also said it again 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago and even 1 month ago, still waiting.
If safety & upgrades have been an issue for 6 years, then why have they kept going back for 6 years?

A track is either safe or it isn't, and if it wasn't safe then they wouldn't have raced on it, no matter what promises were made for the future.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2644607)   #136
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Ok, the whole reason that the car ended up where it was was a combination of a broken car, and a slippery track, they are points that YOU seem to be conveniently ignoring

My apologies, I meant that paddock traffic mingles with pedestrians, which I believe (I'm not going back to check) was one of the reasons that VESA said that Barbagello wasn't up to scratch. The pit lane entry isn't in the run off, it is actually on race line for a part, all it takes is for a car to break at the wrong moment and you have a car going race speed into a pit garage...THAT is an OH&S issue.
I'm not even sure you cold say it's on part of the race line. If a car brakes at the wrong moment coming into Ford fast brake, it will spear off into the sandtrap, which is in fact the 'runoff' for that corner.

Yes, VESA's main OHSS was to do with the car mingling with punters in the paddock area, this was resolved by using portable barriers to create a pedestrian free 'lane' - isn't this what they did at VESA's own Hombush?
Its certainly not the best, but it does remove it as an OHSS issue.

Pit exit is no different many other circuits where there is an immediate conrer so no issue at all here.

Pit lane width is a bit of an issue, but at 40km/h how much of a problem is it really? and if it really is a problem, how about 3 x sprint races with no pit stops until Wanneroo is upgraded as planned? doesn't take a rocket scientist to work around the issue.

Quote:
At the end of the day, who do you believe: VESA, whose buisiness and incom rests upon punters listening to them, or a dedicated bunch of experienced volunteers who give up their weekends time and time again? I know which one I would be paying creedance to...
I'm firmly with the volunteers, and aside, I think they should be payed for V8 rounds, everyone else is making a buck partially off the back of these people.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2644762)   #137
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here Here Keiron . I have worked both in pit lane and as a spectator marshal in the pits at barbagallo and at no time have I ever felt like my life or anyone elses was in grave danger. If the problems here cannot be worked around from an OH&S perspective then really who is trying to work for the betterment of motorsport as a whole?
Old 5 Mar 2010, 06:34 (Ref:2645301)   #138
gemini4
Rookie

Australia
Van Diemens Land
gemini4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spin Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
If safety & upgrades have been an issue for 6 years, then why have they kept going back for 6 years?
Valid point ....
.... which is probably why TC cited a crowd booze problem at the circuit in todays news. Apparently 1 guy misbehaved. OMG!! I had no idea.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2645313)   #139
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini4 View Post
Valid point ....
.... which is probably why TC cited a crowd booze problem at the circuit in todays news. Apparently 1 guy misbehaved. OMG!! I had no idea.

So the punter camping at Bathurst is allowed 1 carton per day no dramas, but the punters in WA are rowdy and out of control on the turps

He will be out of excuses soon
Old 5 Mar 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2645349)   #140
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be interesting if TC is using a crowd booze problem as an excuse for not going back to Wanerooo.
That is exactly the reason that the locals are using to fight against the VB ( er sorry freudian slip) V8 meeting on the emasculated Surfers circuit.
VESA is certainly selective in its arguments. Booze sponsorship keeps it going. But it is a big problem on one side of the continent but one of the attractions on the other. And then of course it is something to be denied on overseas jaunts.
How mixed can your message get TC?

Last edited by Oldtony; 5 Mar 2010 at 09:13. Reason: Freudian slip.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 01:18 (Ref:2645903)   #141
cavvy
Veteran

link pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini4 View Post
Valid point ....
got a link gemini4?

One of my mates from Westrac didnt drive home, might be him?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 02:34 (Ref:2645918)   #142
gemini4
Rookie

Australia
Van Diemens Land
gemini4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Link Pls

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsar...5/default.aspx
Old 6 Mar 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2646052)   #143
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo to Tony Cochrane:

So - are you now also going to remove Bathurst from your calendar - or will this simply drive the final nail into the coffin that buries all credibility from yourself and V8 Supercars Australia in respect to alcohol and its involvement at V8 meetings?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2646064)   #144
Nivola
Racer

The funny thing is the guy in question in WA had Save V8's in perth on his chest!
Old 6 Mar 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2646301)   #145
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VESA is actually in a very dodgy situation at present if a couple of politicians get onto an "Anti binge drinking", "Ban alchopops" and "Drink driving" campaign.
A very large portion of the crowd at Surfers, and probably many other events go for a big day out rather than the racing, and any further limitations on drinking would not be popular. The Series, and individual teams depend on alchohol sponsorship and advertising, and on course sales are a big part of the revenue return on meetings.
No wonder it's getting touchy.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2646323)   #146
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is a new low for Tony Cochrane.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 04:09 (Ref:2646454)   #147
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
That is a new low for Tony Cochrane.
Has the Black Wiggle finally lost the plot
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2646938)   #148
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We just think it’s completely and totally unacceptable for us as a major sport to allow people to BYO into an event in this day and age
The problem would seem to be not that people are drinking, but that they're not buying it at the circuit. I suggest it's an issue of money rather than morals.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2647096)   #149
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
oh dear, the world is coming to an end, because i cant take my own alcohol

oh wait, that means its just like every other sport or concert and many restaurants and shops

how precious some of you are
Old 7 Mar 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2647114)   #150
cavvy
Veteran

making a quid from grog

Quote:
oh dear, the world is coming to an end, because i cant take my own alcohol

oh wait, that means its just like every other sport or concert and many restaurants and shops

how precious some of you are
& your comments on the drinking too much aspect of Coch0s press release ..

Looking after its followers is more a club thing isnt it peck, & the WASCC do need to consider the income stream pourage rights might bring?