Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 May 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1615842)   #126
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Darn estate agents! Would only show us round the house Mon-Thur! Now we know why!!!
Old 21 May 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1615845)   #127
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp2006
I hope the wtcc returns next year.
Brands have signed a three year deal with the WTCC so it will definately be back.
Old 21 May 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1615865)   #128
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks shame about the people who complain though, I suppose if new circuits are to be built they would have to be in the middle of nowhere?
Old 21 May 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1615884)   #129
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp2006
Thanks shame about the people who complain though, I suppose if new circuits are to be built they would have to be in the middle of nowhere?
Which is strange since most of them ARE in the middle of nowhere already!
Old 22 May 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1616059)   #130
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironically the GP loop was built at the same time as the houses in Hever Road (closest to the circuit) in 1959. The original kidney cicuit (without the Druids hairpin) dates back to 1926. When the GP loop was built (primarily to get the Formula One Grand Prix) an agreement (section 106 with the local council) was made for 24 days a year usage. This has stayed in place ever since, although track day use has clouded the issue somewhat. The majority of 2000 local residents are reasonably happy with the long circuit, although some do query why certain catergories are allowed to be noisier than others. The most recent case being Britcar (silenced) and Belcar (generally unsilenced, or at least around 118 dbs). Some motorcycles (and motorcycle engined cars) seem to be causing the most problems at present.
Old 22 May 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1616283)   #131
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
I guess thanks to the weather, made it exciting to watch them - even if there was no overtaking (although, with the overtaking we had it made it so much better).

There was a huge puddle along the back straight that got hit a few times, scary enough to watch! Never been that nervous watching a race...
If you mean the bit at the top of the rise after Surtees when they join the GP part of the circuit, then yes it was quite scary. I was flagging at Post 11 just before the puddle and couldn't see a think after the first few cars each lap due to the spray being thrown up.
Old 22 May 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1616365)   #132
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Rod (Birley); very well put and saved me a 'post'
Old 23 May 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1616863)   #133
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was one of those days where I didn't seem to mind it raining! It's great to see the WTCC again, especially on a circuit like Brands I didn't see Priaulx off, was round the other side of the circuit. What happened? Did he just outbrake himself? Nice win for Chevy too, but was it more to do with the rain then the car?

I was surprisling warm all day too! It was extreamly muddy around the GP loop, guess you have to put up with it though!

Aye it's a pity the DTM can't be on the GP loop, we could always hope for next year!!!

I've also uploaded my photos if anyones interested. The rain sure made for some interesting images! WTCC Brands Hatch

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 23 May 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1617464)   #134
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice win for Chevy too, but was it more to do with the rain then the car?
Therefore it had everything to do with the car! (+class driver to make it all happen!!!). The wet weather will always show a good, well set up up chassis/car.
Old 24 May 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1617750)   #135
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain is also a great equaliser... But on a dry race track? It'll be nice to see another car having the qualities to win though!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 24 May 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1618193)   #136
TCD
Racer

TCD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great win by Menu. I'm hoping for more wet races as they're always exciting. Race 1 was so close, as race 2 was surprising. I'm very surprised Priaulx went off track. Must say Brands Hatch is a very exciting track, never been there, but it always was one of my favourites in SCGT with ETCC mod :P.

WTCC is far more exciting then any other class, F1 is just a pile of **** when you compare it with this.

Great drive by Ryan Sharp, just out of of the open-wheel cars and he's performing better and better all the time!

Tags
wtcc