Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 May 2002, 11:57 (Ref:291361)   #126
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
Stacy - how did you get the dent in the door - I assume it was at Druids as you and a Rover and something else went in quick and took some time to emerge?
The Rover left the door open into Druids and I was keen to relieve him of 3rd, the door got shut a little late and I locked up and tapped him. We spun together and the nose of his car pushed the door in.

Then the Capri went through so I stayed in 4th.

One of those things. He seemed to think there wasn't a gap, but I still had 4 wheels on the track so disagreed. I think he was surprised I wanted to pass since we were in different classes, but I'm of the school that wants to race whoever it is.

No hard feelings I believe anyway.

Stacy.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:01 (Ref:291364)   #127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the subject of gearing, I was chatting with Malcolm Beer, who builds those big V8 MGBs. The race winner was running one of his cars and he said that it was the only car in the class (there are others but they weren't out on Saturday) that runs a rally cam. The max revs are 6.5k. The others run race cams and rev a lot higher.

The gap was quite large on Saturday but its not always so. I guess that just shows how different the Brands Indy circuit is.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 21 May 2002 at 12:03.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:39 (Ref:291394)   #128
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
A bit late I know - but very well done indeed Tony - all that hard work altering the roll bar obviously worked!
Hi Slowcoach - wondered where you were, thx v much. Guess you were only there on the Sunday ? Actually replacing the rollhoop should have stiffened the rear chassis a bit with the little beam braces we added to it, all for safety you understand,

er... you're not supposed to drive up Druids hill on the gravel - even the Rallycrossers use the tarmac there
Quote:
...what I need to do is throw the tyres away and buy a new set!
Yep well sometimes that's what it comes down to, then you begin to wish you were running a Mini instead of the Rover