Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jul 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4170773)   #126
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I understant the the sum involved was c£50,000 over the contractually agreed figure.
That's the amount I heard, but didn't put in my response above - I thought it was a bit of a mad number. Same people said he'd made a payment of £75,000 prior to Oulton as part of the contractual invoice (second of four - which seems right at £300,000 for a season.)

Thing that puzzles me is this. I admire Nic for getting his hands on sponsorship alone without help from Lewis, but by association I imagine brands are more likely to come onboard because of who he is related to - that's just the nature of things. (incidentally, someone did mention the car had a new sponsorship logo of 44 or forty four - is it a company or charity related to his brother?) but if this is all true and the team want to shoot themselves in the foot then this is the way to do it.

I was gutted for Bobby leaving, and can understand why Jade went (I think she slipped up when Steve Ryder interviewed her on Saturday) but in a way they are nothing. Both are just tiny columns in Autosport. When it's Hamilton, by extension it's a story for The Sun or The Mirror. If he has a contract saying £300,000 the family lawyers will be able to take the team apart reputation wise.

Then again, we could all just be failing our PI exams with poor research and believing porkies!!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4170774)   #127
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

Regarding the Croft RWD 'advantage' I'm sure I remember something about the track being resurfaced and the new tarmac negating some of the RWD advantage?
I heard Turkington saying beside the podium to a guy from TOCA interviewing him that the RWD advantage was killed off with the resurfacing.

Last edited by coffinpilot; 31 Jul 2023 at 10:02. Reason: spelling mistake!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4170776)   #128
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I understant the the sum involved was c£50,000 over the contractually agreed figure.
I also understand that Hamilton's car had no preperation work done during the break since the last meeting and would not have been in a fit, or indeed safe, state to drive on Saturday.
The other teams in the series would have done a full rebuild of the cars before setting off for Croft.
While all teams have some staff changes over a season, it's not a good sign when a team appears to have a massive staff turnover every meeting!
Thompson was asked for an extra £30k at the tyre test, but when he came up with the cash HARD said they actually needed £60k from him.

Of course they had already done a deal with Crees to run in that car, so whatever extra Thompson brought would never be enough.

Incidentally, I'm told HARD are already in breach of their contract with Crees, so we'll see how long that lasts.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4170777)   #129
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
ok probably didn’t cost much but wasting money on having a one of livery at goodwood
That was a wrap that would have been funded by Rosland, and not from the team's operating budget.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:17 (Ref:4170778)   #130
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
(incidentally, someone did mention the car had a new sponsorship logo of 44 or forty four - is it a company or charity related to his brother?) but if this is all true and the team want to shoot themselves in the foot then this is the way to do it.
On the car last time out - or on the car ready for Croft?
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4170781)   #131
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I heard Turkington saying beside the podium to a guy from TOCA interviewing him that the RWD advantage was killed off with the resurfacing.

Harvey mentioned during the pit walk with Rider on both Saturday and Sunday that it has now become a neutral track as far as FWD and RWD.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4170782)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I didn't see either. I wonder if there was more to him missing Croft than there is to meet the eye
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:31 (Ref:4170785)   #133
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A quick look at a few photos from Oulton and I don't see anything 44 related on the car.

I didn't notice myself, the car was right at the back of the awning all weekend.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4170787)   #134
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
The problem is your belief that the FWD cars are "pretty far ahead", when there's nothing to support that fallacy.

Of the five drivers who can realistically win the championship now, two are RWD and three are FWD. That's as equal as you can get dividing 5 by 2.

And four of the last six races have been won by RWD cars.
Lets not kid ourselves. We both know there is zero chance that a RWD car will win the championship this year.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4170790)   #135
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITVx
Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4170792)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let me just say it was great to have the BTCC back and thanks to ITV for once again broadcasting it all live. This series is too good for me to miss
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:13 (Ref:4170807)   #137
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Lets not kid ourselves. We both know there is zero chance that a RWD car will win the championship this year.
2 of the 4 circuits left should favour RWD, and the leading RWD is only 34 points off the lead of the championship.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4170808)   #138
coffinpilot
Veteran

On the British Touring Car Chat facebook page with a post "Anyone know what happened with Hamilton this weekend? Nothing on his socials" someone replied with a photo of the #28 car.
On the door side you can see '44 coll....' which wasn't there at Oulton.
Attached Thumbnails
364686296_10233050573552994_7965627348995011969_n.jpg  
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4170810)   #139
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
If true this backs up what Paffett Jr was saying at end of last season when he said he had a different engineer every race weekend

Bit of a mess Team Hard at moment
Considering These circumstances, it is even more remarkable that Crees scored some points in R3
Old 31 Jul 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4170828)   #140
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On the British Touring Car Chat facebook page with a post "Anyone know what happened with Hamilton this weekend? Nothing on his socials" someone replied with a photo of the #28 car.
On the door side you can see '44 coll....' which wasn't there at Oulton.
44 Collection? https://www.44collection.com

Person with significant control: Mr Anthony Carl Arthur Hamilton
https://find-and-update.company-info...ficant-control

Hopefully he can find a way up the grid with another team - everyone at least deserves a fair and honest shot at it.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4170840)   #141
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
Hopefully he can find a way up the grid with another team - everyone at least deserves a fair and honest shot at it.
He had a year or two in a Motorbase Focus.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4170842)   #142
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
He had a year or two in a Motorbase Focus.
He did 8 Rounds with Motorbase in 2019
Old 31 Jul 2023, 17:46 (Ref:4170845)   #143
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that Nic had 3 and a half years with HARD, why stick around for that long?
Old 31 Jul 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4170853)   #144
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Don't forget that Nic had 3 and a half years with HARD, why stick around for that long?
If he's enjoying it why not? It seems to be a friendly environment from what other drivers say.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4170856)   #145
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If he's enjoying it why not? It seems to be a friendly environment from what other drivers say.
This is my point, if everything is so terrible at the team, why hasn't he gone elsewhere sooner?
Old 1 Aug 2023, 06:13 (Ref:4170882)   #146
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
This is my point, if everything is so terrible at the team, why hasn't he gone elsewhere sooner?
Because it's cheap and he can't find the budget to go elsewhere.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 07:40 (Ref:4170888)   #147
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Because it's cheap and he can't find the budget to go elsewhere.
This exactly, Hence not finishing the year with Motorbase in 2019. As much as I like Nic, the fact that Michael Caine hopped in the car for two rounds, scored points and a top 10 didn't make it easy for 2020 for upping his budget and progressing forward.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4170910)   #148
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
Was getting bored of F1 with Verstappen's dominance, and was looking forard to BTCC this weekend. Missed quali due to looking after pets for holidaying family member, and logged on to find a NAPA 1-2-3!

Groan.

Ash is definitely the best driver in the series - and one could make a case for Cammish. But when Rowbottom is up there too... at Croft... oh dear.
Wasn't going to bite, but well, you only live once...

Go on, enlighten me? Why would you not expect me to be up with the other two?

Am I being thick?
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4170941)   #149
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just ignore them Rowbo. You were great to watch. Nice defensive drive in the third race as well.

I found the racing more exciting than some of the earlier races this year and I'm enjoying seeing NAPA at the top of their game.

Ash and Jake must both be kicking themselves after that third race but I bet Gow is happy with the standings!

Something that wasn't mentioned in the commentary I think is I thought De Leon was doing really well in the third race until he got that penalty. Looks like he's learning fast.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4170945)   #150
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Just ignore them Rowbo. You were great to watch. Nice defensive drive in the third race as well.

I found the racing more exciting than some of the earlier races this year and I'm enjoying seeing NAPA at the top of their game.

Ash and Jake must both be kicking themselves after that third race but I bet Gow is happy with the standings!

Something that wasn't mentioned in the commentary I think is I thought De Leon was doing really well in the third race until he got that penalty. Looks like he's learning fast.
Ha, I don't give a single toss, but it's always nice to hear why people think certain things.

The team have just put the work and effort into the right areas and we are now in receipt of that :-)

Yea, De Leon did a great job, its not an easy championship at all, especially coming in half way through!