Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jan 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1497778)   #126
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Here!...We shall have to bide our time a wee bit longer...He's got a firm foot in each camp...nice for him to be so apprieciated by Honda.
See how much we miss you when you're not around

Fair enough - patience is a virtue and all that. Certainly hope it gets rewarded in time.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1497779)   #127
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47

Now that they're finally doing something about the bore that was qualifying and returning to many cars on track, I have to wonder if they're bringing back that pesky 107% rule that robbed us of some fine performances by the tail enders in years gone by.
I thought the single lappery was quite pure!...We got to see every move of every car, visual and timed sectors to compare, and each team got a chance to get total exposure for their vital sponsors and we got the critics comments on every move good or bad of each drivers efforts.

When everones out together you can miss a good run and drivers got laps hot messed up by drivers on slow down laps...remember it cost the life Gilles!!!

But I'm fascinated to see how this new 'Devil takes the hindmost' group works out though.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1497785)   #128
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Yes I completely agree. But forming an entirely new F1 team largely to prolong the career of a sporadically-quick but crash-prone driver isn't exactly sensible in itself in my view.
Remember the UK TV advert...Dime Bar?...
"DIME BAR!"..."DIME BAR!" .........."4 CARS"! ?

No?...Suit yourself!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1497801)   #129
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
He's a ginger......

As for the Arrows, most of the bodywork will be junked as it won't meet aero regs, so the only really original bit will be the tub, and front suspension.
I assume that the rear suspension will have to be re-worked to fit the gearbox that they use with the Honda V8.

It just might work!

Rob.
That's a bit 'Hairest'! and rather un-PC mate!...He's medium brown actually mate! My Chinese business friend told me that they call Europeans 'Amour' which means 'Red-head' which applies to any of us with non jet black hair!

As regards your second 'pearl of wisdom' thats stating the 'bleeding obvious'
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1497816)   #130
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic
I guess that would have been different if wheldon had a more recent European road circuit track record. as it is he is just too alien to the scene to be offered a seat with an established team right out.

And at the time he had to make a decision for his 2006 plans Super Aguri looked decidedly out of the running, otherwise Im sure Honda would have been interested in bringing him over.
Or as Daniel Wheldon was quoted after his Indy win "I only want to drive in F1 for a team that lets me GO for the championship" Hahahaha now theres a guy who has a handle on this F1 game! Hahahaha
Old 9 Jan 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1497871)   #131
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Or as Daniel Wheldon was quoted after his Indy win "I only want to drive in F1 for a team that lets me GO for the championship" Hahahaha now theres a guy who has a handle on this F1 game! Hahahaha
Oooohhh....harsh........but fair. But then again saying "well I'm going to potter around in this series for another 15 years until I'm old and grey" doesn't really make good copy now does it