Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Apr 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3062914)   #126
Adam Chodosh
Rookie

United States
New York
Adam Chodosh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

I'm more of a Pistonhead, but dad said to take a look on here to check out Al's thread...

Good to see a couple of friends on here and a bunch of familiar names. Not sure if you all know, but my dad is totally email illiterate (although Bernie on blackberry is on the horizon!). Don't they say behind every good man is a good woman? It's a combination of myself, my brother and my mum that help my dad organise and update all you folks with emails forms, registrations etc... Apologies if some emails slip through the cracks!

I spoke to my dad on the weekend and he was so thrilled how it all went. He is really trying to make things different, social and fun for everyone, but ultimately, that'll only be successful if its supported, so thanks for being part of the show and spreading the good word.

Seeing everyone having so much fun has given Simeon and i the impetus to get the old 58 Vette (black/flames) out from hibernation, repainted, rebuilt and rewired so we can come and join you folks.

Shortly enough I am hoping to get a website live so that you can all pull your entry forms, times, results, calendar and dates. Expect more news in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Adam
Old 21 Apr 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3062955)   #127
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Chodosh View Post
Hi All,

I'm more of a Pistonhead, but dad said to take a look on here to check out Al's thread...

Good to see a couple of friends on here and a bunch of familiar names. Not sure if you all know, but my dad is totally email illiterate (although Bernie on blackberry is on the horizon!). Don't they say behind every good man is a good woman? It's a combination of myself, my brother and my mum that help my dad organise and update all you folks with emails forms, registrations etc... Apologies if some emails slip through the cracks!

I spoke to my dad on the weekend and he was so thrilled how it all went. He is really trying to make things different, social and fun for everyone, but ultimately, that'll only be successful if its supported, so thanks for being part of the show and spreading the good word.

Seeing everyone having so much fun has given Simeon and i the impetus to get the old 58 Vette (black/flames) out from hibernation, repainted, rebuilt and rewired so we can come and join you folks.

Shortly enough I am hoping to get a website live so that you can all pull your entry forms, times, results, calendar and dates. Expect more news in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Adam
Hi Adam

Would be good to see both Vettes out together again. Last time I saw you and your brother out with your Dad [Bernie] was 2006 at Spa. Same weekend that Cheng Lim changed my MG V8 clutch twice, in the open air and in all weathers, bless him!

Good news on the Website, nice to see you are looking after the old fella. By the way my son says the same about me and computers.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3063058)   #128
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Adam, welcome to Tenths

The old guy is doing a cracking job but yes a dedicated website would be really useful - I've been plugging the series on a couple of forums which has resulted in a fair few extra spectators but the one common thing they ask is where is the website?

Would be good to see the black Vette out again but that would mean another damn Chevy on the grid
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3063061)   #129
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Adam and welcome to 10ths. Yes I agree with the above comments a website would be great.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3063242)   #130
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Chodosh View Post
Hi All,

Cheers,
Adam
Adam

Made a big mistake and showed my son your posting about re commissioning the Vette. Christopher, my son mechanicked for me at Snetterton, loved the Grid, plus we were parked between Al's Camaro, Bernie's Vette and Adam's yellow Mustang and he is crazy on American Heavy Metal. He says I am doing his MG V8 far too slowly and wants it done quicker to join in. Hopefully you won't be the only Father / Son competition later in the year.

P.S. We are banned from considering big cars by the wife since we pushed the last Jaguar that wouldn't start into the garage and she ended up face down in the mud!
Old 21 Apr 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3063288)   #131
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I believe Gerry Cain's fantastic Rover SD1 may also be joining the grid as well. That is one nice car and superbly developed over many years. May not cut it against the faster Camaro's but watch it go in the rain its superbly set up.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3063355)   #132
Moosehead
Veteran

I've seen some pics of what I think Craig Davies has brought in from the US - hmm, looks like we may see a Ford win pretty soon
Old 22 Apr 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3063471)   #133
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Erm maybe a class win. I cannot see it catching the sports cars.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3063597)   #134
2459johnp
Rookie

2459johnp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just stumbled across this thread and site after searching "bernies v8 racing" on google.
I was at Snetterton on Sunday with my son, as a guest of John Wilson and his family. Really impressed with the grid and the fast/close racing. It's been about 5 years since I attended any Motorsport because of work commitments but I will defiantly be making more time available to attended in the future. Real shame John had to retire with an oil leak as he was looking good for a win in his stunning MGB GT.
Keep up the hard work guys and hope to see you again.

Jp
Old 22 Apr 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3063617)   #135
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Welcome to the site Jp, the MG is seriously quick isnt it?
Old 22 Apr 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3063649)   #136
2459johnp
Rookie

2459johnp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers al, yeah john's MG is quick. Still good close racing though to say theres such a mixed bag of cars MG's, Aston's, the Marcos, yanks etc. The sound is awesome I must say as the cars came flying past.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3063672)   #137
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Johnp. Did you know the BS for a Helmet in Motorsport? used to be 2495.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3063678)   #138
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha Sam just as well his is different then!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3064090)   #139
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Tom Barley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by modes View Post
Hi Tom

Bit of history then.

You seemed to be going really well on Saturday, finished not too far behind Rikki's Aston. What happened on Sunday?
Yeah Saturday went well, and annoyingly Sunday was going even better, got up to 4th but then an oil leak put a quick end to that! We live to fight another day!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3064146)   #140
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Cool pics: http://www.racingexposure.com/2012/c...nge/index.html
Old 23 Apr 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3064248)   #141
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Small Block Chevy? Oil leaks? no surely not, Tom you know it goes with the territory!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3064256)   #142
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Small Block Chevy? Oil leaks? no surely not, Tom you know it goes with the territory!
ha!! I'm learning!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3064411)   #143
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Barley View Post
ha!! I'm learning!
Yes and Al [and Cliff] only kept going because some of my MG spare bits fitted a Camaro.... plus a loan of my 6 lbs lump hammer. Apparently a big hammer is needed to keep American cars going. Al still had time to complain though that I had no AF spanners!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3064425)   #144
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha yeah well at least I don't need whitworth spanners.

So who is doing Brands then, I have a bit of a problem with the circuit with my yellow car in it bottoms out at the bottom of the hill and my 2nd car only has an 8 gallon tank.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3064444)   #145
Moosehead
Veteran

Brands wasn't originally on my 'to do' list as I was going to be at Mallory,however, that has fell by the wayside so unless I want to wait till the end of July for my next meeting Brands it is. Alas the cost (entry fees and logistics etc) will be more than triple I was expecting to be paying out so I'm gonna have to put an arm on ebay!

Yes, my car bottoms out too - extra shielding on silencers for this one!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3064449)   #146
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I split the sump and the silencer boxes last time so its a no no also Cliffs out the country racing his Mustang at Lime Rock and Watklins Glenn. If Bernie can squeeze the IROC in for the sprint race I'm in but as it will probably be over subscribed I doubt he will be able to so will have to play it by ear. I will be certainly watching whatever happens! BTW I have another potential entrant, proper competitor as well who is interested.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3064456)   #147
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Here is some pictures from the meeting not many I'm afraid.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4857.JPG   IMG_4858.JPG   IMG_4860.JPG  

IMG_4861.JPG   IMG_4862.JPG   IMG_4864.JPG  

Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3064461)   #148
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look at the Jugs on that!

And this one! Me and co-driver Cliff Ryan with Bernie in the middle receiving our prize fast fill jugs from sponsor VP Fuels.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4855.JPG  
Old 23 Apr 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3064534)   #149
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by modes View Post
Yes and Al [and Cliff] only kept going because some of my MG spare bits fitted a Camaro.... plus a loan of my 6 lbs lump hammer. Apparently a big hammer is needed to keep American cars going. Al still had time to complain though that I had no AF spanners!
Al only had to borrow your hammer because he told me to leave my hammer & rake toolkit at home
Old 23 Apr 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3064536)   #150
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
And this one! Me and co-driver Cliff Ryan with Bernie in the middle receiving our prize fast fill jugs from sponsor VP Fuels.
What a right pair of jugs