Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3134973)   #126
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
is a pitstop compulsory? would have thought Ed's a shoo-in for a nonstop win...
Yes all cars must have a pit stop of 2 Mins

Pit window is from 30 mins in and closes 30 mins before end, you can of course pit before and or after that time, so long as you also do within that time.

ta
C
Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3136939)   #127
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Claire - a varied and interesting field, good racing and a finish for yourself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086a.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	38443
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3137202)   #128
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really good race yesterday, i enjoyed the mix of cars and seeing how they performed against each other.

If it runs again i for one would go along and watch

Does anyone know what happend to the yellow mx5? It was running quite high up then when i was on the gp loop it vanished. was a shame as it was a nice looking car!

Simon
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3137206)   #129
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
Does anyone know what happend to the yellow mx5? It was running quite high up then when i was on the gp loop it vanished. was a shame as it was a nice looking car!
If it's the one I'm thinking of it was in the gravel at Paddock very early on (bringing out the safety car).
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3137209)   #130
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If it's the one I'm thinking of it was in the gravel at Paddock very early on (bringing out the safety car).

Correct...Malcom MacAdams... a really nice car and a shame it didnt agree with Paddock Hill bend
Old 17 Sep 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3137222)   #131
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok thanks guys

Simon
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3137277)   #132
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come it got dragged away to retirement, but the Cossie went off very similarly but was allowed to carry on?
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3137280)   #133
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
How come it got dragged away to retirement, but the Cossie went off very similarly but was allowed to carry on?
Because the MX5 driver said it couldn't continue.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3137390)   #134
Malcolm M
Rookie

Malcolm M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Because the MX5 driver said it couldn't continue.
T'was I!

Very much wanted to continue but the kitty litter had damaged the belt and knocked the crank trigger senseless. In themselves not too long to swap out but joint decision taken with my co driver was newly built car, 1st event, expensive engine, err on side of cauion this time. Whether we could have made it through the 2 hour race will never be known but it would have been a gamble as the car only had 4.7 hours on it (both car and engine) and there were doubts on the behaviour of the rear brakes as we could not stop them snatching and badly unsettling the car. Obviously my driver excuse of the day!

Really enjoyed the event Claire and thank you for treating me as a customer and working hard to find my tickets. The post office card came today asking for £1.50! Hope the voice is recovering.

One feedback comment was that when stuck in the kitty litter, the marshals originally wanted to just pull the car to safety up hard against the tyres which gave no option about continuing but managed to talk them into pulling me through the ambulance gate so that the car could at least be looked at. Did the marshals know about the need for getting back into the race if at all possible rather than one kitty litter off and you're out?

Keep me posted about next year's events please.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3137419)   #135
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to all who organised, took part or supported the event.

Malcolm's race was lengthy compared to mine - I retired at the end of the second lap with a 2 part crank after all the preparations, qualifying and the start had gone well and I was following the class D leading MX5. Not sure if I could have stayed with him, but it would have been fun trying!

Hope to have another go next year - just need to save up for some engine bits first.

Cheers - Simon (Pesky Imp)
Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3137865)   #136
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentators did mention you had snapped a crank. Then went on to say they hoped you could fix it and return to the race?!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3137911)   #137
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Obviously knew that if you have a spare engine you can do an Imp engine swap, very quickly......

Not that I'm implying the need for it is a regular occurence.........Used to rally 998cc Imps years ago and only once blew one up...I think it was when we became airborne and probably got about 12K revs - suddenly dropped to about 4K as we landed........
Old 18 Sep 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3137946)   #138
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm M View Post

One feedback comment was that when stuck in the kitty litter, the marshals originally wanted to just pull the car to safety up hard against the tyres which gave no option about continuing but managed to talk them into pulling me through the ambulance gate so that the car could at least be looked at. Did the marshals know about the need for getting back into the race if at all possible rather than one kitty litter off and you're out?
Here's feedback on your feedback.

I, as the Post Chief at the bottom of Paddock Hill initially requested the safety car be deployed so that your car be put back on track. That call was made within seconds of your car entering the gravel. It looked as if it would be a simple and straightforward procedure, one that we have done many times during endurance races.

However, the final decision about how your car gets dealt with comes from the clerk of the course, not the marshals.

After the JCB and my marshals were deployed I believe that the JCB operator got information from you that the car was unable to restart and continue. Neither I, nor my marshals can hear the radio messages between race control and the JCB operator, but, if the clerk gets information that your car is unable to continue, then the safest/quickest remedy is to move the car to a safer postition. If that is to put it up against the tyre wall, then that is what will be done.

The clerk for 360 has to be commended for allowing the other competitors' race to be disrupted in order to give you a chance to fix your car.

As for the Sierra, my initial response was that the radiator had emptied itself in the gravel and that it would be incapable of continuing. After moving it to a safer position, the driver had a fairly emotional discussion with me and was adamant that his car could continue.
Again, the clerk and race control are to be commended for putting the safety car out and allowing back onto track a car that may not have been capable of reaching the pits.

The marshals at the bottom of paddock bend were really pleased to see him finish, albeit so far behind that it was not classified (if I've read TSL correctly)
Old 18 Sep 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3138009)   #139
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Alasdair (and all the marshals) - we fully support getting our drivers back on the track if safely possible - we look at ways of saying 'yes' rather than 'no'.
Your efforts were much appreciated.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3138028)   #140
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually Al, there was a bit more info on the MX5 snatch, you called it in and the decision was made to send the JCB to live snatch it back against the wall - you then quite rightly made the point that this would mean game over so the decision was made to abort the live snatch and to put out the safety car to enable the car to be recovered onto the track to be able to continue.

Just as the SC was deployed the message came through that the car couldn't continue - given that the SC was already out and given that it was early in the race the decision was made to snatch the car to the ambulance gate rather than leaving it in gravel as there was still over 90 minutes of racing. As far as we were concerned the car wasn't going to run again we were getting it out of the way on the grounds of safety.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3138715)   #141
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
pics?

there seemed to be several photographers scattered around the track edges, anyone found any pics online yet ?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:56 (Ref:3140700)   #142
Malcolm M
Rookie

Malcolm M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the driver in the car, without radio contact with anyone else, a marshal came over promptly after my off and said I was to be pulled up against the wall and so game over. I wanted to taken somewhere else so I could look under the hood to see why the car wouldn't restart and the marshal disappeared to go ask the question and came back telling me I could be pulled to the ambulance gate. Which is exellent in my view. I am not being critical of any marshals or marshalling as otherwise I would still be in the gravel to this day. No way could I expect to be allowed to look under the bonnet up agaist the wall and no comments had been made to competitors about rejoinig the race if at all possible and what policy the marshals would be expected to follow. With a damaged belt and crank trigger missing its nose, it was game over for me. I appreciate your teams help in getting me to safety.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 07:00 (Ref:3140702)   #143
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
there seemed to be several photographers scattered around the track edges, anyone found any pics online yet ?
Loads on the facebook page (didn't want to clog up here) will update more tonight
Old 27 Sep 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3142739)   #144
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really enjoyed the two hour race, the variety of cars and the racing was great, here's a link to my photos of the 2 hour race

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri.../tags/baby360/

enjoy!
Old 28 Sep 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3142887)   #145
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
really enjoyed the two hour race, the variety of cars and the racing was great, here's a link to my photos of the 2 hour race

enjoy!
Thanks for sharing! Excellent stuff
Old 29 Sep 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3143897)   #146
Paul999
Rookie

England
Bucks
Paul999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post

enjoy!
There's a cracking photo of me in there (Crossle 9s #138 at Clearways) - any chance of nicking it?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3161101)   #147
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Adam46 report on the "baby 360"

All

As some of you may know, I am up in the middle of nowhere most of the week so dont get much of a chace to do much or come on here so I do apologise, I should have posted this weeks ago

We were very lucky at the baby 360 to have our very own roving reporter Adam46 in attendance. Adam managed to capture the whole essensce of the Baby 360 and document it for us in way of a report which we have now downloaded to our website here .

I know it seems like an age away, but perhaps thats a good thing...because while its cold n misserable out their ...you can read this report and it will take ya back to a lovely autumn day in kent ....and to where somehow, I was part of a team who came third in class!!!!!

I hope you will join me in congratulating Adam on a fantastic report, for someone so young he certainly has got a superb way of describing the event and I'm sure its not the last report we have seen from him...in fact, I know its not, because he is gonna be at the six hour and the three hour and two hour next year!!!!!

Ta
Claire
Old 1 Nov 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3161106)   #148
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it that even texts dont reach the middle of nowhere?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3161107)   #149
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I take it that even texts dont reach the middle of nowhere?
Terry...where I'm based at the moment they think Titanic happened last week and a bloke still walks in front of my car with a red flag
Old 1 Nov 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3161140)   #150
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
..........and a bloke still walks in front of my car with a red flag
quite right too!