Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Nov 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1453311)   #126
morgsamallock
Rookie

morgsamallock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al sorry I never got chance to come and say hello, I saw you putting it back on the trailer - know the feeling, still better to do it now rather than next season.
What a fantastic meeting though so pleased I made the effort, even though I've come away with a bigger list of jobs than when I started.
Anyone know when it is televised?
Old 6 Nov 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1453362)   #127
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No problem Morgsamallock.

Rob the clutch centre plate has completly disintegrated just metal left. Looks like I will have to stick the Tilton in and push it around the paddock and that beast is heavy!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1453400)   #128
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you've finished pushing that around, you can come and push mine!!

Strange that - the rear brakes - mine was suffering from the same. I have replaced my rear master cylinder as a precaution, leaving only the lines left from the old system.
I suppose it's one way of getting heat into the tyres - from the glow of the rear discs!

Rob.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1453514)   #129
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Who is shorty Rob the BMW driver that went off at Luffield if so he just seemed to loose it?
White or White/Blue BM, we both went off there! I (e36) went off in Race 1 on the Friday and JohnW (E30) went off there in Race 2! A touch of impatience, and pushed too hard on cold slicks i'm afraid
Old 6 Nov 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1453518)   #130
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Hello, Thought I might get some of you guys from up here.

I was young guy at Brooklands (with the daft hair). You had some excellent races out there today.

BMW #50 We do still have all the bits of your splitter if you want it back

And Al yet again, your car is heavy and I will pass on the thanks to Bob and Hilary in the breakdown.

Cheers Guys, you make it all worthwhile.

Robin (The Gravel Slag)
Really appreciate you guys helping me get back on the circuit, it was a bit stupid leaving the braking that late, I still had stones rattling around during race 3! Keep the splitter as a token of my appreciation!

Just like to thank James Beckett, the whole weekend was superb and i'll be be back next year for sure, great work
Old 6 Nov 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1453533)   #131
jcbsrule
Rookie

jcbsrule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally Posted by Robin_D
I was young guy at Brooklands (with the daft hair). You had some excellent races out there today.
Robin (The Gravel Slag)
and i was the old git sat in the JCB
Old 6 Nov 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1453541)   #132
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The BMW I was following that went off was during the practice session, I never made the race!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1453567)   #133
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
That's be me then! It was strange I locked up and when I came off the brakes it still wouldn't turn but as far as I know there was no oil or anything down there, i think it was just cold tyres and lack of experience!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1453579)   #134
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ah right, I nearly got to meet you then when I parked up next top you when my clutch disintegrated.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1453702)   #135
morgsamallock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwelshman
That's be me then! It was strange I locked up and when I came off the brakes it still wouldn't turn but as far as I know there was no oil or anything down there, i think it was just cold tyres and lack of experience!
You certainly had a good go at getting it back - I was right behind you ! it looked for a moment like you might get away with it.

Echo your sentiments well done to JEB and team now if we could have a few more throuhg the season please.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1453956)   #136
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even heavier now I have discovered the rear calipers are locking on for good measure which probably did not help the clutch
Ah, now I know why it was so hard to push your car in the paddock.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1454204)   #137
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any photos on-line?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1454410)   #138
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great meeting despite the weather and thanks to all you guys for the entertainment. Al, I did at least wait until the car was back on the trailer before saying 'hello', even though you were still nursing your injury at the time!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1454431)   #139
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well if you think it looked bad then John you want to see it now, its a beaut!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1455176)   #140
stuart05
Racer

England
Southampton
stuart05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 2 questions.
1) Why don't we have more meetings like this one?
2) Why, oh why, didn't I enter?
Was disappointed to arrive and see Al's Camaro already loaded up, but the BMW's battling with the MG ZR at the front was still great fun. There were entertaining little scraps going on right through the field.
Our man (Penelope Pitstop) held his own in the Maestro further back, especially when it started to rain in race 1.
Thanks to all for putting on a great show - how many races in how short a time??!!!
MG Metro #35 - Proud Class A Series Winner CSCC Tin Tops 2006
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1455196)   #141
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart05
Why don't we have more meetings like this one?
We do - see signature
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1455200)   #142
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was gutted I didn't enter! But was happy to support from teh sidelines for the day!

I'm think Anglesey is looking promising now! Any ideas what the current entrant list looks like?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1455280)   #143
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well if you think it looked bad then John you want to see it now, its a beaut!
Dark glasses for a while, then, Al?

Did anyone see Rob Huff (MGB) and Skid Scarborough (Capri) exiting Woodcote on Sunday. About as sideways as you could get, every lap; wonderful!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1455331)   #144
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We do - see signature
Unfortunatly for racers like stuart05 and myself this not only means driving through the entire country of Wales but the entire country of England as well.
Quote:
Why don't we have more meetings like this one?
Maybe we need to start our own racing club, I believe all you need is 25 members and the MSA let you do this.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1455378)   #145
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
Anyone got any photos on-line?
I shall have a small amount from Saturday soon...my focus was deliberately on the ff1600's so I missed out on a lot
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1455395)   #146
morgsamallock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopePitstop
Unfortunatly for racers like stuart05 and myself this not only means driving through the entire country of Wales but the entire country of England as well.

Maybe we need to start our own racing club, I believe all you need is 25 members and the MSA let you do this.
If this race ( 8 clubs ) was so oversubscribed as I believe James mentioned earlier surely someone will twig it and realise that there is a demand for this type of meeting on a regular basis at least you'd like to think so . It does show that if the entry fee is reasonable and the event well publicised you can get 68 cars on the grid ( x2) . considering the normal level this must be an eye opener for some people especially given the time of year etc.
I would certainly be up for a few more like this.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1455425)   #147
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 8 Clubs series!? I wonder how many takers you'd get for an allcomers race on Silverstone GP? Quite a few - enough to fill a whole days racing??? James...!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1455427)   #148
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgsamallock
If this race ( 8 clubs ) was so oversubscribed as I believe James mentioned earlier surely someone will twig it and realise that there is a demand for this type of meeting on a regular basis at least you'd like to think so . It does show that if the entry fee is reasonable and the event well publicised you can get 68 cars on the grid ( x2) . considering the normal level this must be an eye opener for some people especially given the time of year etc.
I would certainly be up for a few more like this.

whist I agree with your line of thinking, remeber that at this time of year, most people have finnished their championships, so this is a no-risk bit of fun, put it in the middle of the season, I am not sure you would get the same demand.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1455428)   #149
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
equally arent there many racers who quite fancy the special one off events but dont really want to commit to a championhsip?

I'd imagine that there must be a market for a Walter Hayes style festival/event for saloons and sports cars...though doesn't the Birkett Relay cover a lot of bases?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1455440)   #150
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or indeed for all of you South Easterners, SEMSEC meetings at Lydden could offer great variety on the grid on a regular basis.