Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 15 Nov 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1460925)   #126
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
A 2nd event at Phillip Island would be awesome though, much different to Surfers in many ways.
DRT just get someone to pay the $20 million to offset costs and it is yours.
Lindsay Fox when he acquired the circuit spoke of his desire to bring F1, DTM and think sportscars to the circuit.

So a champcar race isn't that far fetched however safety concerns, timing, financial issues are a big stumbling block.

As has been said, the thought of this cars through turn 1 into Southern Loop is a special one.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1469919)   #127
swanniez1983
Rookie

swanniez1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 race on DVD

Does anyone have this race on DVD? I know it really wasnt a "race" but am keen to get some vision of the opening laps incident at the start/finish line
Old 26 Nov 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1470494)   #128
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanniez1983
Does anyone have this race on DVD? I know it really wasnt a "race" but am keen to get some vision of the opening laps incident at the start/finish line
What do you mean, it wasn't really a race?

I don't suppose you're thinking of the disasterous and very very scary 2002 race there perhaps? Now that can't really be called a "race" I suppose....

But this year? I thought it was a great race.....that's up for debate I suppose....but a RACE it was, no doubt!
Old 26 Nov 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1470502)   #129
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So a champcar race isn't that far fetched however safety concerns, timing, financial issues are a big stumbling block.

Lindsay Fox does not have Champcar in mind...more a permanent home for the V8's and any other events(FIA GT was mentioned) but who knows...
Old 26 Nov 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1470629)   #130
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lindsay Fox is open to any event that makes financial sense, especially those of international stature, his words. So i am not sure where you got that he is against Champ Car at the Island.

Safety issues are the most obvious reason that such a concept would not occur.

I dont know about a permanent home for the v8's either, funny that should should forget Robert that Vesa are paying for their current experience at the Island.

FIA GT boss Stephen ratel has met with Lindsay Fox and there has also been talk of DTM looking at the Island. All have little to do with Champ Car though.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1470635)   #131
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well this thread is now locked.

I cant believe you guys are still going on about V8 Supercars in this thread , there is a whole other forum for that isnt there ???

This thread was to discuss the Surfers paradise CHAMPCAR RACE , not about V8's ,not about Phillip Island or Sportscars.

If you would like to discuss Phillip island holding a Champcar race then by all means start another thread , but it should be about Champcars not V8's or the new Golf Course at PI.

I cant make it anymore simpler than that can I ?