Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4180301)   #1476
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That Rover looks the business and there are more vanity tags in the Commonwealth of Virginia than any place in the world.
I would put Louisiana in the top spot. We have 51 different military plates before we even get to other categories.

Quote:
Just took son #1 for a ride in this. 74, Z28, 350, 4 speed. It's a buddy's car, who also got me a ticket to an American football match tonight. Good times.
Mint.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:05 (Ref:4180302)   #1477
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I would put Louisiana in the top spot. We have 51 different military plates before we even get to other categories.
Virginia has a metric shitload of them and multiple military unit ones and cheap to custom and get a specialty.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:06 (Ref:4180303)   #1478
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just took son #1 for a ride in this. 74, Z28, 350, 4 speed. It's a buddy's car, who also got me a ticket to an American football match tonight. Good times.
I'm betting I can smell that car going past and dead dino vapor in its wake
Old 7 Oct 2023, 23:43 (Ref:4180320)   #1479
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sweet, HY Van that will run every time

Company making food trucks on a trailer with HY van styling
Old 8 Oct 2023, 01:09 (Ref:4180336)   #1480
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Virginia has a metric shitload of them and multiple military unit ones and cheap to custom and get a specialty.
Dirt cheap and the form to get a license plate practically makes you get one! Shall I get a Starbucks or a vanity plate. I’d already had three coffees that morning and one of them in the queue outside the DMV!

Quote:
Sweet, HY Van that will run every time
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8d5686c4d2.jpg

Company making food trucks on a trailer with HY van styling
Ha! Kind of stupid, kind of cool.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 03:14 (Ref:4180376)   #1481
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Goodness, goodness! Chevy rally wheels make me happy.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 03:54 (Ref:4180379)   #1482
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm betting I can smell that car going past and dead dino vapor in its wake
Yes. And that was mentioned and appreciated. Real and spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I
Mint.
Somebody keyed it. So not mint. But otherwise, straight with a clean motor and compartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Wow. That’s a cool ride.
I've never driven anything like it. Pretty neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Goodness, goodness! Chevy rally wheels make me happy.
I told him the same . Those wheels!
Old 8 Oct 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4180397)   #1483
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Think the Camaro is may be a '72 model. We had so few down here, they were imported mainly for racing purpose (manual gearbox). From memory never saw a T-top before this picture.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 12:55 (Ref:4180447)   #1484
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should clarify. 74 with a 73 front and rear clips.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4180453)   #1485
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Thank you for correcting.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4180469)   #1486
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Should clarify. 74 with a 73 front and rear clips.
Good move.

I looked it up and saw the ruin car looks rule hit this in 1974, but didn’t want to be that internet guy quoting wiki.

So many MGBs have done the same thing. They need a tweet to the suspension to lower them slightly. There must be loads of cars that have these nice mods.

Also read up on the lower production around that time due to a UAW strike.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4180504)   #1487
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
From memory never saw a T-top before this picture.
If you bought a second gen on F body and it's not T tops you've done it wrong

Quote:
Good move.

I looked it up and saw the ruin car looks rule hit this in 1974, but didn’t want to be that internet guy quoting wiki.

So many MGBs have done the same thing. They need a tweet to the suspension to lower them slightly. There must be loads of cars that have these nice mods.

Also read up on the lower production around that time due to a UAW strike.
My mom HATED that Austin Healies with wire wheels were period correct if they weren't factory correct. Cause I mean if you bought one in the 60s wouldn't you go around to the parts counter and get the MG wires? I would. And my dad agreed, we have 2 full sets of MG wires from wrecks. Sadly the Healy Sridget is far more rusty than worth fixing
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:38 (Ref:4180507)   #1488
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do not see many of these about these days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	78124
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4180519)   #1489
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I cannot actually recall seeing the Granada coupe before, even though I immediately recognised it for what it was.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:10 (Ref:4180522)   #1490
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
My mom HATED that Austin Healies with wire wheels were period correct if they weren't factory correct. Cause I mean if you bought one in the 60s wouldn't you go around to the parts counter and get the MG wires? I would. And my dad agreed, we have 2 full sets of MG wires from wrecks. Sadly the Healy Sridget is far more rusty than worth fixing
I see it. Although to live with I’m happy with period not wires!

How long has the Sprite been off the road? I know it’s been quite a few years.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4180523)   #1491
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Do not see many of these about these days.

Attachment 78124
They weren’t take common in the day either.

They look in great nick.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4180534)   #1492
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I see it. Although to live with I’m happy with period not wires!

How long has the Sprite been off the road? I know it’s been quite a few years.
It's been decades not years. The last 3 times they moved it was in the truck not even towed. 2 MG motors the factory Healy plant in crates on the shelf, 2 cracked from heat, but they all need full full going through and machining. No floors cause my aunt left the top down at William and Mary when she was in college in the mid 70s, flattened stove pipe at floor but you have to know where to get in. Rear quarters need about 6" of the lower rebuilt from tinworm damage. But new top and seats in the 80s and they look perfect still. And have 2 hoods (bonnets) 2 trunks (boot lid) and front driver corner (wing) but no chance either of us have the real skills to fix properly. Tune the motor built right, sure, machine and match rings to new milling, and new head, not so much.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 02:03 (Ref:4180595)   #1493
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I cannot actually recall seeing the Granada coupe before, even though I immediately recognised it for what it was.
I don't know how many have been imported here but if I see some its because it's the choice of the Capri club president.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4180651)   #1494
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well that's a GREAT selling point to me. Let everyone think the kid in a booster seat is driving until they pull up. Great for laughs, but that's pretty much how I roll
Spotted this VW in Cornwall being driven by a Labrador
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2286.JPG  
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:57 (Ref:4180654)   #1495
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That looks as though the dog is driving and the "passenger" is sitting in the back!
Old 9 Oct 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4180656)   #1496
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That looks as though the dog is driving and the "passenger" is sitting in the back!
Well you get Labs as guide dogs so it's only a short step from that to driving an Uber I suppose
Old 9 Oct 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4180669)   #1497
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here we have the Nichols N1A making it's public debut at the Bicester Scramble yeaterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Nichols001.jpg   Nichols002.jpg  
Old 10 Oct 2023, 19:29 (Ref:4180906)   #1498
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't often see vanity plates on a semi
Old 11 Oct 2023, 05:38 (Ref:4180951)   #1499
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, sure. What is obvious is that you post high resolution pics. MP: struggling with manholes covers in trucked areas?
Old 11 Oct 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4180982)   #1500
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Here we have the Nichols N1A making it's public debut at the Bicester Scramble yeaterday.
Okay. I see what they're doing there. Just read a little about this car and I love the concept!!

I'm sure it looks even better in person, Peter.