Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3197833)   #1501
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9240800&type=1

Photos from Corvette's Sebring test, with the revised livery too.
I like that 60 on the side.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 01:04 (Ref:3198357)   #1502
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I like that 60 on the side.
I didn't like it so much when I first saw it sitting still, but the pictures of it on the track are pretty good. I like it.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3198376)   #1503
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFan56 View Post
Hopefully the RLL guys can work some magic with a new car on new tires and take the fight to Corvette and Viper.
They have Maxime Martin, anything's possible when he gets behind the wheel!

I think Risi will be competitive no doubt but Im gonna wait to see how Beretta and Malluceli go together as a pairing before I get excited.

Corvettes will be a major pain in the ass as usual Both of them!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3198412)   #1504
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Risi should be in the ALMS... Pay driver of maybe decent skill or not, this is just the natural order of things.

Roll on!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3198533)   #1505
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they're a bit "lower" on drivers than they were before (bruni/melo) but should be competitive .. especially with help from the pitlane

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Feb 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3198535)   #1506
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
they're a bit "lower" on drivers than they were before (bruni/melo) but should be competitive .. especially with help from the pitlane
Just a thought - with one paydriver on board, will they be elegible for the ESM-specific BoP?!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3198550)   #1507
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Just a thought - with one paydriver on board, will they be elegible for the ESM-specific BoP?!
ROFLMFAO ..... why not , lets hear the Pony plonkers cheer about that then .
Old 3 Feb 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3198643)   #1508
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone but Corvette, for me. I discount them based on my own dreams and desires, not reality.

I figure Corvette will be the favorites to win, and Risi the favorites to beat them. I'm never eager to give the victory to a new car, but I'd like to see what the E89 Z4 GTE can do. Not sure how quickly they'll get going, though.

The COREsche is part-time, but I really like that lineup, so as far as individual races go, I can see that being a winner. Also not ready to discount the possibility of PMR overachieving with Holzer and new tires, and definitely not ready to say Falken won't win Baltimore because I bet you they will.

And then there's ESM. No reason they couldn't get at least one and I hope they do.

Which brings you to SRT, the biggest question mark for me. I could see them being really, really strong, though. The 2012 program was what it was and I don't think it's indicative of anything for 2013.

In short, pretty much everyone could win races, as opposed to "everyone's a winner," which is what we are more accustomed to in the ALMS.

What an exciting category, ALMS GT is. I was always a prototype guy, but these last few years, GTE and GT3 have just captured a ton of my interest.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3198660)   #1509
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm interested to hear what the North American forumers think on something because I don't know enough about a lot of these guys.

Do SRT have the drivers to go toe-to-toe with the competition?

Goossens and Farnbacher are known quantities but beyond that I have no idea...
Old 3 Feb 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3198665)   #1510
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Do SRT have the drivers to go toe-to-toe with the competition?

Goossens and Farnbacher are known quantities but beyond that I have no idea...
Tommy Kendall was a very talented quick driver. But, a decade off.... I don't know if he truly still has it, so difficult to tell whether cars are slow, or drivers... I didn't really look at individual drivers time last year to see how he compared.

Wittmer has had success at every level he's raced at, been competitive.. it's a big step up for him though, so we'll see.

The lineup certainly isn't the proven type of guys that others have though.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3198675)   #1511
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SRT's drivers aren't the cream of the crop but still decent. The real unknown though is how much the car has improved or if they will rely on BOP to stay somewhat competitive. Can't wait for Sebring!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3198680)   #1512
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Dyson posted a pretty cool video last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=R0kwmDemvNE#!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3198688)   #1513
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
SRT's drivers aren't the cream of the crop but still decent. The real unknown though is how much the car has improved or if they will rely on BOP to stay somewhat competitive. Can't wait for Sebring!
Tommy Kendall said that there wouldn't be any additional help from BoP in 2013 when he was commentating the ROC.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3198690)   #1514
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Anyone but Corvette, for me. I discount them based on my own dreams and desires, not reality.
I feel the same, just not an aspirational car for me. I prefer the more refined European machinery and the Vipers over the ground pounding V8, just my preference although I know a ton of guys who love the sound of the Vettes. Their antics on the track (too much contact) and in the pits (mechanics throwing punches at other teams) have no place in racing either IMO so I have never really liked them. Rivalries are good for the sport, keeps the passion high.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3198697)   #1515
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Mechanics throwing punches-can you expand on that please?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3198714)   #1516
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably referring to Laguna Seca a few years back when Wham Bam Jan was given a taste of his own medicine and the Corvette mechanics went looking for a fight.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3198739)   #1517
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Probably referring to Laguna Seca a few years back when Wham Bam Jan was given a taste of his own medicine and the Corvette mechanics went looking for a fight.
Sadly that's not the only one.

I love the GT battles in the ALMS, I really do not like it when any of them starting pushing each other off the track. To me that is not racing. That is one of the reasons why I am holding breath when it comes to the NASCARization of our series. The DPs were built for contact.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3198743)   #1518
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone with a Risi car in their avatar talking about the on track antics of other teams?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3198844)   #1519
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Dyson posted a pretty cool video last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=R0kwmDemvNE#!
I saw that, pretty cool operation. I was trying to count the number of alms legal tubs they have, but couldn't get a good view ( I think it is 4 though)
Old 4 Feb 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3198885)   #1520
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily enough the 2009 Laguna finish is the only one I actually know of involving Corvette Racing and punches flying and they had fair play to do it too considering what Bergmeister did. Care to share anymore examples or is it Corvette-bashing day today?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 02:53 (Ref:3198886)   #1521
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Regarding the Viper, I think last season they started out at 1290kg before some weight was taken away. Compared to others in the field at 1245kg, the Vantage at 1195kg and Lotus at under 1150kg. The Viper doesn't need any BOP, it just needs that ballast taken away and development. I bet they're really strong this year. Now for a new livery.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 02:55 (Ref:3198888)   #1522
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Don't know why I thought of this, but anyone else think that the reason Risi came back this year was that the Lizards aren't in GT? After all, they did have some pretty bad blood during their last few seasons.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3198889)   #1523
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Don't know why I thought of this, but anyone else think that the reason Risi came back this year was that the Lizards aren't in GT? After all, they did have some pretty bad blood during their last few seasons.
No.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3198895)   #1524
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Funding and a joke of BoP changes by the series are the reasons. (instigated by Corvette complaining about Risi's superior, legal refuelling system) The Ferrari was the only car running without waivers in 2011. The Lizards and Risi had a healthy respect.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3198899)   #1525
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought everyone was complaining about Corvette having split fuel tanks and thus filling faster, not whatever system Ferrari had. And I seem to remember alot of contact between the Lizards and Risi in 2011....