Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:33 (Ref:4215502)   #1526
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Do you see Peugeot being back next year?
They have 5 jokers to use as they used none before bringing in the new car. I suspect it'll be revised heavily.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:34 (Ref:4215503)   #1527
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Hindy saying he hasn't seen more penalties in any other LMs. From everything I'm reading, there could've been about 3 or 4 more....

Should* have
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:35 (Ref:4215504)   #1528
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hindy saying he hasn't seen more penalties in any other LMs. From everything I'm reading, there could've been about 3 or 4 more....
There should have been a number for track limits, but there's no chance the ACO will look at reducing the number of allowed violations.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:35 (Ref:4215505)   #1529
JazzyHyena
Rookie

JazzyHyena should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Depends how the rest of the WEC season goes, I think. If they get on top of the concept and get a few podiums, then yes. If not, the statements made by the company leadership in recent weeks would suggest that it's unlikely. It's a shame because I do think it's the best looking car on the grid. Shame that's not what wins races!
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:35 (Ref:4215506)   #1530
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think so. Not after 2026 though, unless they go on a serious winning streak.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:37 (Ref:4215507)   #1531
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, but at this rate they'll be the first casualty of the roaring success hypercar has been so far. Manufacturers won't stick around without being in contention forever.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4215509)   #1532
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Should* have
Fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
A massive amount of blue flag penalties, which surprised me. This is generally not something people were penalised for before.
There were a bunch of slow zone and SC procedural ones too. I don't watch WEC enough to know the consistency
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
There should have been a number for track limits, but there's no chance the ACO will look at reducing the number of allowed violations.
Maybe some leniency due to the conditions? Pat would certainly agree!
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:39 (Ref:4215510)   #1533
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If the car finishes the season better than where it started, then yes. Gives them incentive to do a winner,... not to mention, adversary Alpine is there...
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:42 (Ref:4215512)   #1534
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Maybe some leniency due to the conditions? Pat would certainly agree!
That will be the official line, but it's being used as an excuse, and it doesn't wash when every car that cut corners will have gained time. The Ford and Dunlop chicanes were optional by the end of the race.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:43 (Ref:4215513)   #1535
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, let's not forget that the Pug is basically a new car. They have thrown away a few years of experience. It is very likely to improve. Improve enough to stay after 2025 is another matter.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:49 (Ref:4215514)   #1536
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Away from hypercar:

- I'd like to see how #22 ended up at the front in LMP2. I know it went out-of-sync due to an incident, but Garg/Siegel must have driven mighty stints to keep ahead.

- The LMGT3 race as great ... when the director showed it to us. For all WRT's woes, the #31 podium is something to be proud of. And well done to Proton for making the Mustang work!
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:51 (Ref:4215515)   #1537
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was fun.

Sent from Le Mans
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:52 (Ref:4215516)   #1538
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me, there were too many poor decisions or for that matter non decisions made by race control to take the glitter away from Ferrari's victory.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:52 (Ref:4215517)   #1539
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manthey tied at the top of LMGT3.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4215521)   #1540
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now, with everything that has transpired this weekend, which team would you feel is a better choice for Cadillac to represent their car in WEC next season: Jota or United?
Old 16 Jun 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4215523)   #1541
Matador
Veteran

The way Alex Brundle sounds exactly like his father reminds me of how me, my brothers and father have practically the same voice.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4215524)   #1542
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Now, with everything that has transpired this weekend, which team would you feel is a better choice for Cadillac to represent their car: Jota or United?
JOTA, because, despite a somewhat flat weekend, they've done better in hypercar since Spa last year than United have in LMP2.

However, United are still a good option, and probably make more sense for Cadillac.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:11 (Ref:4215525)   #1543
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I dont know why Ferrari didnt wait 1 more lap before fixing the door, then they dont need to save so hard.
The lap they came in was the meatball flag lap so they had to
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:12 (Ref:4215526)   #1544
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 2024 - Race Thread

Sorry again for not going the hourly update.

I’ll do the top 50. Check out my fancy new graphics.

Here is the end:

Sent from Le Mans
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:12 (Ref:4215527)   #1545
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
The way Alex Brundle sounds exactly like his father reminds me of how me, my brothers and father have practically the same voice.
Glad it wasn't just me, sounded identical most of the time
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4215528)   #1546
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The lap they came in was the meatball flag lap so they had to

On such fine margins!

If they’d have called them one lap earlier!

Sent from Le Mans
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4215529)   #1547
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Now, with everything that has transpired this weekend, which team would you feel is a better choice for Cadillac to represent their car in WEC next season: Jota or United?
Jota beause McLaren should do a lmdh.
But serious, at this moment I would go for Jota because they have more experience in top class.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4215537)   #1548
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that was very enjoyable on a number of levels and for different reasons for me in particular. It's strange, I didn't get about so much as usual last year as it was just too bally hot and this year I didn't get about so much for other reasons which some will now be aware of. For the first time since 1987 I broke my 'golden rule' by getting some solid kip during the night and boy did I benefit for that today. My 37th Le Mans and for all of those 'levels' and 'reasons' without doubt one of my very best.
Old 16 Jun 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4215543)   #1549
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Bloody brilliant. it was great.

What a race. And what a fun time - I was middle of three generations of 43s this year. We all had a great time, despite getting to the afternoon before remembering it was father’s day

I had more sleep than normal. It fell nicely with the race which was lucky.

Super close and so much intrigue. Cars changing relative pace in the conditions. Many calls to make. Great racing. Super cars. Some mildly nice beer in the ACO bits and an RV 10 minutes from the circuit. Ace biscuits.

Sent from Le Mans
Old 16 Jun 2024, 16:09 (Ref:4215548)   #1550
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But why weren't you at the meeting????? Even I got to the meeting!!