Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Aug 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3568303)   #1526
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I don't see it in the official homologation list. So that'd be a no.

-mike
They might bring it to this year's test so it's FIA homologated for next season?
Old 24 Aug 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3568323)   #1527
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ More than likely.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3568326)   #1528
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I don't think FIA homologations are any more important to IMSA than they are PWC considering the Viper ran under the GT3 part of the rules with no homologation for a year and the ARX-04 still isn't homologated.

Ginetta and Lexus are racing elsewhere without being on the FIA list either.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3568335)   #1529
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Did I miss the announcement of Flying Lizards return to GTD with Audi for next year?
Old 24 Aug 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3568339)   #1530
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Did I miss the announcement of Flying Lizards return to GTD with Audi for next year?
nope, just speculation here.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3568343)   #1531
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With that post I just realized Flying Lizards is not running full time anymore? I'm shocked, how the giants have fallen. Then again maybe I had realized this sooner if my USCC race viewing count was more than (IIRC) 9 events since the series began, and only one of those being from this year. But I miss their wacky looking Porsches at LM
Old 24 Aug 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3568370)   #1532
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
With that post I just realized Flying Lizards is not running full time anymore? I'm shocked, how the giants have fallen. Then again maybe I had realized this sooner if my USCC race viewing count was more than (IIRC) 9 events since the series began, and only one of those being from this year. But I miss their wacky looking Porsches at LM
The customer racing business is damn tough.

-mike
Old 24 Aug 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3568376)   #1533
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure it is

The exit of semi-direct Porsche backing sure hurted when they were 'forced' into GTC in ALMS, and then the GTD thing, but with Neiman also concentrating fully on business and not driving now maybe his interest has faded too and affecting the outcome

Btw I just realized how twins these two look

Old 24 Aug 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3568394)   #1534
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
With the way BoP is managed, it is always difficult to decipher whether advantages have been gained in the boardroom, or actual hard work. I know they are all working hard to make gains, yet...

But my point, these new tire compounds... yes everybody has them, but as we've seen other times, there are times that certain compounds will favour one chassis more than another. That is certainly a possibility with what has happened here. The problem is that these are more sprint race tires, for the heat, and might not be an effective compound come PLM. Porsche might get yanked back, only to be on the regular compounds and be disadvantaged... interesting game being played out.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3568438)   #1535
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
With the way BoP is managed, it is always difficult to decipher whether advantages have been gained in the boardroom, or actual hard work. I know they are all working hard to make gains, yet...

But my point, these new tire compounds... yes everybody has them, but as we've seen other times, there are times that certain compounds will favour one chassis more than another. That is certainly a possibility with what has happened here. The problem is that these are more sprint race tires, for the heat, and might not be an effective compound come PLM. Porsche might get yanked back, only to be on the regular compounds and be disadvantaged... interesting game being played out.
That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought about the impact of the new Michelin tires on chassis performance but that is for sure a possibility. We'll have to see if there are any further bop changes before Petit to also factor in.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 02:08 (Ref:3568465)   #1536
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Seth said two months ago they had intent to buy two new R8 GT3's.

With Kpax possibly leaving PWC, we will see how it shakes out
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Aug 2015, 02:51 (Ref:3568480)   #1537
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the IMSA series but it is too freaking expensive to run. VIR should have been a 2 day weekend not 3 days. Cut the weekend sizes down folks. Reduce Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta lengths by a couple hours each. Also cut GTD and LMPC by a race or two on the 2016 calendar. IMSA needs to do all of this now.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 03:40 (Ref:3568495)   #1538
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I love the IMSA series but it is too freaking expensive to run. VIR should have been a 2 day weekend not 3 days. Cut the weekend sizes down folks. Reduce Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta lengths by a couple hours each. Also cut GTD and LMPC by a race or two on the 2016 calendar. IMSA needs to do all of this now.
Here you go again with the reduction of Watkins Glen and PLM. Not gonna happen, dude!
Old 25 Aug 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3568532)   #1539
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst I can see why reducing days on weekends would help, I don't see how reducing a race distance by a couple of hours would. Slightly less fuel, 2 less sets of tyres. That's a very small financial impact for the team.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3568592)   #1540
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly....
Old 25 Aug 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3568596)   #1541
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They need to stop the split weekends and excessive travel. That will kill extra expenses.

And for what it's worth. Their reasons for them are contrived bull.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Aug 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3568621)   #1542
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
At least one extra P2 car at Sebring next year:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...full-elms.html
Old 25 Aug 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3568634)   #1543
Deleted
Veteran

People not already committing to the series itself aren't doing much of Sebring nowadays anymore, and if they are doing just one-off at the start of the season it tends to be Daytona, so it's nice

The 05 looks amazing in bare black btw
Old 25 Aug 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3568646)   #1544
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
They need to stop the split weekends and excessive travel. That will kill extra expenses.

And for what it's worth. Their reasons for them are contrived bull.
I do think putting Watkins Glen and CTMP on back to back weekends is a good move. Those two places are a reasonable driving distance . The down side is the extra expense for lodging people on Monday, Tuesday nights, etc. But perhaps the travel cost savings makes up for it. Maybe the Glen 6 hour should Sunday with CTMP being the follwing Saturday. And I do support making it the Glen 4 hour in addition for the reason to save wear and tear on the car heading to CTMP. A car that crashes heavy at the Glen (example the #10 car this year) won't make it to CTMP if that race was 6 days later.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3568657)   #1545
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
At least one extra P2 car at Sebring next year:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...full-elms.html
Is there a schedule change for Daytona next year? The article states:

Quote:
The Florida-based team will open its campaign at the Mobil 1 Sebring 12 Hours classic, round one of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, before switching its focus to the ACO European Le Mans Series for the remainder of the year.

Old 25 Aug 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3568661)   #1546
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cutting time off races and races off the schedule might help some teams, but it will generally displease fans, which hurts attendance/viewing. which hurts sponsorship, which hurts teams.

Not sure if the short weekends hurt the track, but as a fan I know that I am pretty unhappy to travel for a few days at a track, pay gas and hotel costs, and only see the cars on track for a couple hours's practice one day, a few laps quali the next.

ALMS events offered a lot more practice which might opr might not help teams but sure made the days more exciting for fans (and boosted revenue to the hotels in the region as fans would go the extra day to see the big cars run.)

Tudor events, why even bother going for the first two days? Two extra days off, two extra nights in the hotel to watch support series practice? If it weren't fro the Conti race I'd only show up on Tudor race day. As it is I can drive right to the track for the Conti race and save a night in a hotel--which is okay for me but hurts the hotel.

Problem there is, how far am I willing to drive just to see the Tudor and Conti races? When i would see three or maybe four days with the big cars on track for at least a few hours each day, taking the extra time and driving the miles seemed worth it.

Now, with gas more expensive and the race weekend shorter, I am going to see less practice, get to fewer viewing spots around the track, but spend just as much time and more money traveling ....

If Tudor wants to cut weekends to two days, that's rollout, tech, two hours of practice, and qualifying in one day? or qualify in the morning and race in the afternoon on the second day?

Who knows, most traveling fans might like that better.
(Tech might be busy if they have to examine all the support series as well all in one morning.)
Old 25 Aug 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3568664)   #1547
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Perhaps my prayers of never again having to see sports cars racing on an oval have finally been answered!
Old 25 Aug 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3568666)   #1548
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

I hope not, my tickets say Jan. 28-31. Maybe the Rolex 24 has been picked up by the new P1 breakaway series!
Old 25 Aug 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3568667)   #1549
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Perhaps my prayers of never again having to see sports cars racing on an oval have finally been answered!
Easy, just watch the cars through the infield and close your eyes when they get to the banking
Old 25 Aug 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3568668)   #1550
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Easy, just watch the cars through the infield and close your eyes when they get to the banking
Daytona has been my favorite track to watch as a spectator at the ground because of the ability to see all the way around. Also I understand the point about the fans wanting to see more on track action but there should be give and take when these teams have to flip the bill. I for one expect some adjustments (maybe 1 or 2) to the class structure at a couple events over the off season from what was a released of the 2016 schedule a couple weeks back.