Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2024, 15:54 (Ref:4212652)   #1601
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with the guy to be honest, a 911 is a proven package, the 296 came to the category pretty much on the pace as maybe the new Aston has. The Vette has won endlessly for decades and you would think that experience and the way P&M got the new layout working, the customer car should have been much, much better.

I know the customer Vette is a new car, but it is currently miles off the pace in that class, even teams with stacks of experience in WEC have so far got it nowhere near the pace, the Mustang has arguably hit the ground running quicker.

If I was spending that much money on a car that the works team can make win almost easily in the USA, I would have expected it to be considerably quicker than it was initially too. the M4 was, in fact most cars are, that new Vette is not, it really is that simple.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 08:15 (Ref:4212799)   #1602
PhilipR
Veteran

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The issue that p&m is learning probably the hard way is being able to offer a product that is easy to maintain and service for customers. The early GT1 and GT2(E/LM) cars were full on factory efforts without the need to be easy to run by customers, easy to maintain and affordable. They also have to establish a customer base, distribution and support network which they never had.

I am sure they will get there eventually but it will take time! Other concerns is the high price of the car especially when other manufacturers have lower priced cars and an already established customer model
Old 21 Jun 2024, 00:13 (Ref:4216216)   #1603
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Less than 2 years remaining of the V10 sound in motorsport. Really depressing news.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...t-in-2026.html
Old 21 Jun 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4216285)   #1604
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
The issue that p&m is learning probably the hard way is being able to offer a product that is easy to maintain and service for customers. The early GT1 and GT2(E/LM) cars were full on factory efforts without the need to be easy to run by customers, easy to maintain and affordable. They also have to establish a customer base, distribution and support network which they never had.

I am sure they will get there eventually but it will take time! Other concerns is the high price of the car especially when other manufacturers have lower priced cars and an already established customer model
In reply to your latter point, that makes sense but to be able to offer a more keenly price product, it first needs to be available and established, and sorted?

The Bentley and Astons were/are never serious customer prospects. I guess it was similar with the Nissan, all expensive cars and only really run as works or quasi works efforts.
Old 23 Jun 2024, 11:56 (Ref:4216482)   #1605
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Astons were/are never serious customer prospects.
Huh, there were years when British GT was close to an open Aston Martin Challenge....