Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Aug 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4171792)   #1626
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm looking forward to an Alfa Romeo badged Maserati then!
Using a Peugeot chassis...
Old 8 Aug 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4171853)   #1627
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seriously can see Peugeot pulling out anytime and coming back more prepared next time
Old 8 Aug 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4171856)   #1628
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would they? They're doing better and better and the ACO (French) will make sure they (also French) keep getting BOP help.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 11:25 (Ref:4171857)   #1629
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But they are also making sure Ferrari win. And that Toyota is rewarded for supporting them.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4171858)   #1630
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IF has been out at Monza turning times respectable vs the WEC race last month:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...8-08-2023.html

but also had an issue:

Quote:
Isotta Fraschini hit trouble during testing at Monza over the weekend, its Tipo 6 LMH Competizione sufering an engine bay fire after a lubricant leak. This cut the team’s test short by a day after completing 98 laps (550 kilometres) of running. The car was taken back to the workshop for checks and repairs
Old 8 Aug 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4171860)   #1631
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But they are also making sure Ferrari win. And that Toyota is rewarded for supporting them.
So everyone gets a bump, meaning no one gets a bump?
Old 8 Aug 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4171866)   #1632
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Why would they? They're doing better and better and the ACO (French) will make sure they (also French) keep getting BOP help.
So, BOP becomes political. Gee, I thought that that was not possible. I guess I heard wrong.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4171880)   #1633
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It actually stands for Balance of Politics
Old 8 Aug 2023, 16:07 (Ref:4171882)   #1634
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It actually stands for Balance of Politics
Does seem that way now.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4171887)   #1635
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
While Le Mans is the main target for all teams, for everyone who doesn't win there claiming a victory somewhere else is better than not winning at all The ACO had been gifting wins in the past already (success ballast in 2019-20, wild BOP in 2022) so with all the pressure from the manufacturers who knows what can happen. Maybe some wild stuff again? Not that I hope for it of course, I only say there's such a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Eight tracks on the calendar, lots of different places to give bumps to different teams
Old 8 Aug 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4171894)   #1636
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
LM is the prestige, but the winning isn’t all. There’s plenty to fight for lower down the order. And some compete for the hell of it
Old 9 Aug 2023, 02:30 (Ref:4171915)   #1637
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We don’t have an ACO are corrupt and fix races and collude with teams (possibly) thread, but we do have a BoP thread:

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...157179&page=11
Old 9 Aug 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4171924)   #1638
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Hi Gents! Was talking to an old bloke showing a new interest in WEC things. Of course I pointed him to the forum and in particular this wonderful thread which started in 2020 like this "a place for good news and excitement as new manufacturers are rumoured and hopefully commit to sportscar racing at the highest level in WEC". Trying to summarize a bit of those 66 pages I found the last answers/comments could be interesting to him:
They're doing better and better and the ACO (French) will make sure they (also French) keep getting BOP help.
So, BOP becomes political. Gee, I thought that that was not possible.
It actually stands for Balance of Politics.
Does seem that way now.
The ACO had been gifting wins in the past already (success ballast in 2019-20, wild BOP in 2022) so with all the pressure from the manufacturers who knows what can happen.
We don’t have an ACO are corrupt and fix races and collude with teams (possibly) thread, but we do have a BoP thread.

I just need to tell him about the use of "now" and may be say that's it's "not only the ACO". And point him towards the BoP thread? Any recommandation? 'F course, asking for this friend.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4171926)   #1639
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Threads will always become side-tracked. I think it's human nature.

To bring it back on topic - listening to the latest TWISC, while it seems like Alfa have opted out of sportscars and doing anything with their own IP, if I remember rightly Graham said there were still four other manufacturers either doing studies into sportscars. Or in the case of this Aston programme, actually being worked on.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4171931)   #1640
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hi Gents! Was talking to an old bloke showing a new interest in WEC things. Of course I pointed him to the forum and in particular this wonderful thread which started in 2020 like this "a place for good news and excitement as new manufacturers are rumoured and hopefully commit to sportscar racing at the highest level in WEC". Trying to summarize a bit of those 66 pages I found the last answers/comments could be interesting to him:
They're doing better and better and the ACO (French) will make sure they (also French) keep getting BOP help.
So, BOP becomes political. Gee, I thought that that was not possible.
It actually stands for Balance of Politics.
Does seem that way now.
The ACO had been gifting wins in the past already (success ballast in 2019-20, wild BOP in 2022) so with all the pressure from the manufacturers who knows what can happen.
We don’t have an ACO are corrupt and fix races and collude with teams (possibly) thread, but we do have a BoP thread.

I just need to tell him about the use of "now" and may be say that's it's "not only the ACO". And point him towards the BoP thread? Any recommandation? 'F course, asking for this friend.
If I was pointing someone in the direction of threads about sportscars, the last one I would point him (or her) to would be the BoP thread.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4171932)   #1641
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Or in the case of this Aston programme, actually being worked on.
Bearing in mind that I have someone close to me who is in turn close to Aston, 'actually being worked on' could be a bit of an overstatement.....
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4171933)   #1642
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
LM is the prestige, but the winning isn’t all. There’s plenty to fight for lower down the order. And some compete for the hell of it
Namely?
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4171945)   #1643
S griffin
Veteran

Well Glick certainly did it more out of enthusiasm than anything else. I'm sure there's a few others, but that's the most obvious example I can think of
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4171952)   #1644
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well Glick certainly did it more out of enthusiasm than anything else. I'm sure there's a few others, but that's the most obvious example I can think of
I disagree. Glick came in hoping for decent results and got them. They knew they would be hard pushed to challenge Toyota (and the rest this year) but they weren't just in it for the ride, by any means.
Old 10 Aug 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4172090)   #1645
Mike E
Veteran

Lamborghini SC63 on track!

https://youtube.com/shorts/NBEIkOyQyaI?feature=share
Old 11 Aug 2023, 00:59 (Ref:4172103)   #1646
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
https://fr.motorsport.com/wec/news/l...mola/10506390/ Yes, on track.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 01:24 (Ref:4172104)   #1647
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that is great to see out on track!
Old 11 Aug 2023, 01:53 (Ref:4172106)   #1648
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Simpleton portrait video.

But despite that, it looks like you can hustle it like a Corvette.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4172113)   #1649
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
But despite that, it looks like you can hustle it like a Corvette.
Still waiting for Grosjean…

Last edited by Gerard C; 11 Aug 2023 at 06:59.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 06:51 (Ref:4172115)   #1650
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Simpleton portrait video.
Out of curiosity - why do you describe the video in this manner? It's a 'shorts', which are designed to be taken on smartphones in portrait format.

'YouTube Shorts is the short-form section of the American video-sharing website YouTube, hosting content much like YouTube's primary service but with a focus on vertical videos at a maximum length of 60 seconds.'

But yes, in terms of seeing the car on a track, everything looking positive for the entry into competition soon...