Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 28 Apr 2014, 04:59 (Ref:3399040)   #151
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well that didn't take long for puke to bring the negativity which ST team are you involved with puke?
None of Them Maxi, never have and never will
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3399041)   #152
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
there were 6 TLXs at Puke. well.. 5 and 1/2 counting the yet to be completed Nissan
Is it True that the Engine is from a "Nissan Patrol"

And why do they need to Build a New Car?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3399042)   #153
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CMS's were pretty awesome as usual - but what about that Falcon Cobra then? Not much original panelling on that car by the looks...
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3399047)   #154
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
so people can complain about there being only 6 TLXs.. or only 7 TLXs.. or only 8TLXs.. or 9 only TLXs...

if a VK56DE is used in the new NZV8 Nissan.. I'd say it will pushed as a GT-R GT1 or V8SC engine.. rather than out of a Patrol
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3399049)   #155
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
CMS's were pretty awesome as usual - but what about that Falcon Cobra then? Not much original panelling on that car by the looks...
aren't most Falcons full of bog? looked original to me
Old 28 Apr 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3399086)   #156
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I asked the same question earlier this year (why not just change the engine and panels) and got this reply from MRX.

"Nick could do that, but I believe Nick is doing his part for the class by building another car for the TLX grid. And good on him too!
Some people out there aren't in a position to build there own car and are looking to buy or lease an existing car. Those people are all ready asking about Nicks Holden."

It would be nice to have truck loads of dough to do that, but how many have? And the bigger question is, what is the MSNZ plan for next season for TLX and TL's?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3399114)   #157
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
aren't most Falcons full of bog? looked original to me
Bwahah!!
Old 28 Apr 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3399128)   #158
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone ask how Bargs could just jump into the Lauder car? Thought generally once a race weekend commenced you were stuck with your entered chassis till the end? Someone turn a blind eye?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3399375)   #159
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Did anyone ask how Bargs could just jump into the Lauder car? Thought generally once a race weekend commenced you were stuck with your entered chassis till the end? Someone turn a blind eye?
Good question.
Although I'm sure no blind eye was turned as Nick Ross wouldn't have let it happen if not in the rules, when then is a Championship on the line.
Also; it did happen in the Muscle Car race as well where Clark Hopkins changed cars

So there must be a process; but we cant do it in Rallying!!
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3399382)   #160
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Good question.
Although I'm sure no blind eye was turned as Nick Ross wouldn't have let it happen if not in the rules, when then is a Championship on the line.
Also; it did happen in the Muscle Car race as well where Clark Hopkins changed cars

So there must be a process; but we cant do it in Rallying!!
NSC part III Article 37 covers it all
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3399391)   #161
Bikerider
Rookie

Bikerider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
John McIntyre done it at Timaru a few years ago when he shunted on the wet front straight on slicks.

Then the Robbo you can change under red flag thing happened.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3399404)   #162
Biggy G
Veteran

That's right, I remember a big stink being kicked up about it at the time, thanks bikerider, obviously not many were bothered this time? I'd have been ticked off if I were Ross and Bargs ended up winning.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3399431)   #163
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
That's right, I remember a big stink being kicked up about it at the time, thanks bikerider, obviously not many were bothered this time? I'd have been ticked off if I were Ross and Bargs ended up winning.
Extracted from the National Sporting Code:
37. Change and Nomination of Driver and Change of Competing Vehicle: Unless specifically prohibited by the Supplementary Regulations (if any) or by the Articles of any Sanctioned Series, any Entrant may, up to thirty(30) minutes prior to commencement of any Event, with the prior consent of the organiser of the Meeting or Event (and in the case of a Meeting or Event which is a round of such a Series, the prior consent of the organiser of the Series):

(a) Nominate the Driver or change the Driver nominated by the Entrant, to drive the Entrant’s competing vehicle in the Event;

(b) Change the competing vehicle entered in the Event provided the replacement competing vehicle qualifies for the same group or class in which the original competing vehicle was entered.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 00:11 (Ref:3399438)   #164
Biggy G
Veteran

Is an "event" aka a race/session? I would have thought a "commencement of any event" would be 30mins before Qualy 1
Old 29 Apr 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3399451)   #165
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Is an "event" aka a race/session? I would have thought a "commencement of any event" would be 30mins before Qualy 1
Hi Biggy G,
Basically because each race or qualifying session have their own individual results they are all individual events.

Here are some more extracts from the National Sporting Code
“Meeting” means an organised assembly of Competitors and Officials and including one(1) or more competitive or non-competitive Events taking place within a defined period at the same venue;

“Event” means either a non-competitive Event (refer also Cross Country Event) or a single Competition with its own results in which an automobile takes part, which has a competitive nature or is given a competitive nature by the publication of such results

Cheers
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3399455)   #166
Biggy G
Veteran

Thanks for that, much appreciated, seems and odd rule, but Bargs was obviously completely within his rights to do what he did. Cheers.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3399457)   #167
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that killed that possible new area of discussion.

Pity when the rules support both competitors and officials decisions
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3399466)   #168
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
Well that killed that possible new area of discussion.

Pity when the rules support both competitors and officials decisions
Killed? Ahhhh, clarified maybe? Surely Jason moving from his broken down car in to another, displacing another driver competing, is worth asking a question about? Short fuse much?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 03:35 (Ref:3399480)   #169
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just imagine that occuring in an international series.

"Excuse me please Sebastian, would you mind giving your car to Daniel this weekend, as his one is broken and he has a better chance of winning the championship than you do."
Old 29 Apr 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3399485)   #170
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well in F1 teams used to have a spare car already set up and ready to go.. just in case and who's to say Seb wouldn't end up in Ricciardo's car.. if F1 ran a 4 race weekend.. and Seb's car broke down with one day (2 races left) while fighting for the championship Brock won Bathurst in a car he didn't start in. doesn't MotoGP teams still have a spare bike on hand?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3399489)   #171
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
well in F1 teams used to have a spare car already set up and ready to go.. just in case and who's to say Seb wouldn't end up in Ricciardo's car.. if F1 ran a 4 race weekend.. and Seb's car broke down with one day (2 races left) while fighting for the championship Brock won Bathurst in a car he didn't start in. doesn't MotoGP teams still have a spare bike on hand?
You're right, that has happened in F1 quite a lot in the past, and not all that long ago either.

Usually if a driver crashed during qualifying then they took the spare car - but I do recall certain No. 1 drivers pushing the No. 2 into the spare...
Old 29 Apr 2014, 05:18 (Ref:3399494)   #172
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
You're right, that has happened in F1 quite a lot in the past, and not all that long ago either.

Usually if a driver crashed during qualifying then they took the spare car - but I do recall certain No. 1 drivers pushing the No. 2 into the spare...
Yeah, back in the 1980s, it was common to see Drivers crossed entered in European Touring Car or World Sports cars events, and hop into the other if the need was there.

Its been quiet a while since F1 had Spare cars, early 2000s I would think. A friend of mine worked at Stewart GP on the spare in 1997. It got used a fair bit.

Kiwi Mike Thackwell's first F1 race ended after a start line shunt, damaged his team mates and Mike missed out on the restart with him taking over that car.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3399496)   #173
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
I don't think that would happen in F1 these days, but I maybe wrong, and I cant see F1 going to a four race weekend so you don't need to worry about that one
Old 29 Apr 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3399505)   #174
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
I don't think that would happen in F1 these days, but I maybe wrong, and I cant see F1 going to a four race weekend so you don't need to worry about that one
haha sure it would! have you not read what the conspiracy theorists have to say about Seb these days? lol I'm surprised Hamilton's Mercedes hasn't been rewrapped in Red Bull colours and given to Seb already

of course F1 won't expand to 4 races in one weekend.. so comparing a GP to the NZV8 4 race format was kinda irrelevant. there were no complaints coming out of the Ross camp (as far as I know) they were the ones who had the most to lose from Bargwanna swapping cars. a similar car swap also happened in CMC. if it was all legal and above board.. sweet. if not.. the appropriate action should be taken.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3399585)   #175
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back in the 1950's it was very common for the number one driver to take over the number 2 or 3 driver's car part way through a GP.