Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2668891)   #151
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
like he hasnt got loads with his huge demolition business and to be quite frank if they cant afford it they shouldnt be there
This kind of comment really annoys me.

I am a club racer and everything the BTCC do as the pinacle of tin tops in this country filters down.

I can afford to buy the car and enter the races. But if someone takes a leaf out the Matt Neal book, cant pass me so just stuffs me and my car in to the barriers, that'll probably see me miss a good few rounds of the season.

Unless your name is Rothschild, nobody can afford to approach motorsport with that kind of attitude.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2668900)   #152
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emicen View Post
This kind of comment really annoys me.

I am a club racer and everything the BTCC do as the pinacle of tin tops in this country filters down.
You're too right. I just watched the 750MC Stock Hatches on Motors a few hours ago and that was a bit rough.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2669021)   #153
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
I don't understand how Neal could even claim that Collard should have seen him coming. It was at best a hopelessly-midjudged move from Neal, but unfortunately it's what I have come to expect from him.
as far as I remember .. Neal only said Collard probably didn't see him . and without by far being a fan of Neal I quite accept his "explanation" of no way to "back off" when going on the outside..
in my opinion just a racing incident .. and would be ridiculous if Neal gets penalised for it .. i've seen much much worse from both of them

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Apr 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2669052)   #154
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He won't get penalised anyway. It'll get swept under the carpet and put down as a racing incident as usual, because it keeps the crash monkeys happy.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2669061)   #155
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there were a lot of incidents last year that I thought deserved a (big) penalty .. but I don't know . just not this time .. for me at least

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Apr 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2669072)   #156
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal should be penalised in my view, I think back to 2005 (I think) when Collard hit the back of Neals Integra at Brands and put him in the wall and was subsequently penalised for this. Its difficult to say what punishment should be given although I fail to understand why they need to wait three weeks before Rockingham.

Any penalty given should effect Neal directly rather than the team, a grid drop, licence endorsed suitable. If nothing happens then it simply opens the door that other drivers will do the same. In a year where budgets are tight stopping this sort of driving is the best way forward.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2669099)   #157
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree, it's time to start taking bad driving seriously - marching him back ten places on the grid at Rockingham would be something. Hopefully it wouldn't be needed to start giving drivers the weekend off ...
Old 8 Apr 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2669105)   #158
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Put him further back in the pack? It'd be like watching a pinball machine......

I can't believe Phil Bennett and Gavin Pyper got bans back in 2001 and 2002 respectively for the things they did, which were angelic in comparison to everything Neal has totted up over the years.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2669577)   #159
Icebaby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Put him further back in the pack? It'd be like watching a pinball machine......

I can't believe Phil Bennett and Gavin Pyper got bans back in 2001 and 2002 respectively for the things they did, which were angelic in comparison to everything Neal has totted up over the years.

Both your points are valid their Craner and agree with you
Old 10 Apr 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2670052)   #160
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Ben at AmD Essex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Afternoon All,

Wow what a weekend that was and not bad for our first outing!

I have updated our blog, hope you enjoy it.

http://www.amdessex.com/btcc.blog.cfm

Ben
Old 12 Apr 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2671287)   #161
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
What made me even more angry though was Neals attempt to blame Collard for the crash.
And would the situation have been the reverse, Collard would have done the same. Just remember e.g. last(?) year how Collard threw a fit when he shoved Jelly wide in 1 corner, but Jelly kept his foot in and was still there on the inside for the next corner, and Collard just turned into him and then blamed Jelly for not rolling over and play dead after he unfairly shoved him off the track.

Nah, Neal and Collard, it was just poetic justice. A "...shall perish by the sword" kind of thing.
Hope they keep pushing only each other of the track the rest of the season and don't get into the way of any of the other drivers. They are just as bad as Pl... hold on, even Plato apologized for the race 2 incident. So I guess even he doesn't qualify in that category any more.

Quote:
And I don't think Collard gets in to that many more accidents than most, he just had a bit of an agressive run a few years back when he was last with WSR and the reputation stuck, I certainly don't think he's a dirty driver.
Seriously?? Surely that was irony? Since my opinion of Collard definitely is based on his time at MB, I'll just go ahead and laugh as if it was irony whichever way you meant it.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2671288)   #162
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Amazed the team's didn't work out how likely the tyres were to blow in practice. It's not as though the team's aren't aware how much Thruxton is a threat to tyres.
Indeed, especially the Civics keep, year after year, to show up with way too optimistic camber settings. I know I critisised them harsly for setting up the cars wrong yet again last year and then blame tiredamage on the drivers. Lets see if they this time manage to remember till next year what they need to do. With the speed they had they really threw away several podium finishes this weekend by getting flat tires after only half race 1.

All in all though, a really good racing weekend.

Last edited by stedevil; 12 Apr 2010 at 09:23.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2671687)   #163
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben at AmD Essex View Post
Afternoon All,

Wow what a weekend that was and not bad for our first outing!

I have updated our blog, hope you enjoy it.

http://www.amdessex.com/btcc.blog.cfm

Ben
Well done guys.
Great to see you out there, think Shaun enjoyed his race with Mr Goerge in race 2.
All you need now is a little more power, although Snetterton is probaly the fastest circuit the BTCC use.
Good luck at "The Rock".
Old 13 Apr 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2672180)   #164
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Amazed the team's didn't work out how likely the tyres were to blow in practice. It's not as though the team's aren't aware how much Thruxton is a threat to tyres
FP1 was damp/wet & FP2 was dry & Gordon managed a 16 lap race run. The tyre specs are also a different compound this year - not just the thruxton spec tyre but the general tyre aswell
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2672534)   #165
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
FP1 was damp/wet & FP2 was dry & Gordon managed a 16 lap race run. The tyre specs are also a different compound this year - not just the thruxton spec tyre but the general tyre aswell
The tyre specs. are different this year, but the Thruxton tyre Dunlop brought along is the same as the one they've used in previous years.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2679048)   #166
Icebaby
Veteran

Officials punish Neal

Matt Neal has been fined £250.00 and had three penalty points added to his competition licence as punishment for his collision with Robert Collard at Thruxton three weeks ago.

Honda Racing Team driver Neal and WSR's Collard clashed in the middle of the chicane in the third of Thruxton’s three Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship races. Both drivers retired with damage to their cars, Collard’s BMW being spun round into a barrier.

However, BTCC official have this evening reviewed the incident and punished former double champion Neal for “causing an avoidable collision”.

Just laughable, sure the three points go some way to punish him but the fine is a joke and simply encourages further bad sportmanship.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2679112)   #167
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure. That is a fair bit of money, and the points mean that if he doesn't change his behaviour there will be consequences. I think that's a decent penalty, and I'm just glad they haven't ignored it like they have similar incidents in the past.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2679137)   #168
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that's a pretty standard sort of thing. This isn't F1 after all!
He deserves it though, that was shocking driving.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2679231)   #169
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
I'm not sure. That is a fair bit of money,
??? Compared to the costs of running 1 car in a TCC it's lose pocket change.

Quote:
and the points mean that if he doesn't change his behaviour there will be consequences.
Yeah, if he does the same thing 3 more times this year, he can't do more racing... this year... Very deterring...
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2679243)   #170
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He should have been made pay for the damage to Collard's Bimmer. That'll have been slightly more than GBP250 !
Old 25 Apr 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2679246)   #171
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
He should have been made pay for the damage to Collard's Bimmer. That'll have been slightly more than GBP250 !
That reminds me of the time Steve Neal invoiced Collard for the damaged sustained to Matt's Integra in a clash between the pair at Brands.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2679250)   #172
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for some reason some idiots have it in their heads that £40k worth of damage was done to the BMW but all i say to that is bs. That car isnt even worth that anymore, the impact wasnt even that heavy and it didnt even hit the barrier hard. Pathetic from WSR crying like little babies. If they dont like it then get out of BTCC.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2679254)   #173
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
for some reason some idiots have it in their heads that £40k worth of damage was done to the BMW but all i say to that is bs. That car isnt even worth that anymore, the impact wasnt even that heavy and it didnt even hit the barrier hard. Pathetic from WSR crying like little babies. If they dont like it then get out of BTCC.
Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't like incurring damage in a completely avoidable collision should leave the category?
Old 25 Apr 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2679265)   #174
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Are you serious?! Perhaps you join the official forum instead, that welcomes mature serious debate like that.....

There was plenty of damage to that car, both sides needed a lot of work done to them. Maybe not as much as 40 grand, but it will have cost a fair bit anyway. Especially with BMW and their expensive part prices. And of course the car is worth more than that, it's a 2009 spec BMW for goodness sake. You can't buy one of those for £30k.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 06:44 (Ref:2679727)   #175
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
BMW Motorsport know how to charge for parts. I've seen some Munich invoices from a BritCar competitor that are positively eye watering. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Collard's 'excursion' was in the tens of thousands.