Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 17 Dec 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2601306)   #151
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Well, the AutoHebdo article reckons the livery will be same as for the petrol car. Just have to wait for an official announcement.
Or maybe they'll do the Audi R8 look?.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2601322)   #152
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the ORECA blog( http://www.oreca-channel.com/ )they write there will be a PARTNERSHIP between ORECA and Peugeot in the engine racing department for 2011

But what happens to the AIM deal then

Stunning news that Oreca won't rent the 908 only but longer term partnership
Old 17 Dec 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2601329)   #153
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
On the ORECA blog( http://www.oreca-channel.com/ )they write there will be a PARTNERSHIP between ORECA and Peugeot in the engine racing department for 2011

Stunning news that Oreca won't rent the 908 only but longer term partnership
Wow, that's massive news..........thanks for the link!
Old 17 Dec 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2601330)   #154
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
In fact there will be a Peugeot engine will take place in the Oreca02 that will run the 2011 endurance season !!!
Old 17 Dec 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2601333)   #155
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I suspect Nicolas Lapierre might get the nod ahead of Ortelli (unless they are using 3 drivers). At Le Mans, who knows..........
Is Ortelli slightly out of flavor ?

One thing is for sure , all 3 of them will be super quick .

Now we need Audi to supply a petrol TFSI engine for a customer .
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2601343)   #156
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.peugeot-sport.com/en/news...ca-matmut.html
Confirmation from Peugeot, both on the 908 in 2010, and the possibility for Peugeot Engines in Oreca 02 for 2011!.
Does this mean a Peugeot Diesel or Petrol?, and what about the hybrid?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2601344)   #157
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
On a positive note, the Oreca liveried car will look absolutely stunning!!
Agreed, but I still think one in Red Bull Livery would look even better!

DK
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2601347)   #158
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Agreed, but I still think one in Red Bull Livery would look even better!

DK
Well there is still room for a "Peugeot Red Bull Sport 908", of the 3, Peugeot is entering themselves?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2601363)   #159
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Good news but I´m kind of worried about that engine deal. Could that mean that Peugeot is thinking about not building a new car but act as engine supplier for ORECA only?

Sounds kind of weird to supply engines to a competitor when you´re entering a new car yourself.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2601366)   #160
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone else find this news extremely disappointing? Yet another competent chassis manufacturer that cannot compete with the diesels puts their tail between their legs and contracts to drive one. When will we get rid of the diesels or have proper performance balancing? After Peugeot leaves?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2601388)   #161
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do not see this as being good news! There is greater potential for a net loss in this scenario than there is for a gain. As others have said, it bodes of a future loss in part,or of, one of the programs!

L.P.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2601392)   #162
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

On a positive note, the Oreca liveried car will look absolutely stunning!!
and that reason alone might make the Oreca Pug the #1 pug to cheer next year

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2601413)   #163
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
http://www.peugeot-sport.com/en/news...ca-matmut.html
Confirmation from Peugeot, both on the 908 in 2010, and the possibility for Peugeot Engines in Oreca 02 for 2011!.
Does this mean a Peugeot Diesel or Petrol?, and what about the hybrid?
Now also confirmed by Oreca... and Oreca said that they will use the car also at some races of the LMS.

And for 2011 I think for shure it will be a diesel engine.

Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2601422)   #164
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Peugeot already hinted that their new car might not be a Diesel afterall.

Let's hope their will be a new car to begin with...
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2601427)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
The car obviously requires open-wheel experience to be driven really on the limit, it's not a conincidence that all drivers on the Peugeot squad have driven F1 or other high-profile single seaters before.

I'm not sure I'm entirely with you on that observation.

(Come back Jim Roller, all is forgiven........ )
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2601435)   #166
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Peugeot already hinted that their new car might not be a Diesel afterall.

That's a point but Peugeot is refering to their own cars... and what I understand the engines for Oreca will be customer engines and therefore probably Oreca will get the approved diesel engines.

Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2601436)   #167
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting news, I wonder why Peugeot chose Oreca over their long-standing partnership with Pescarolo? Both privateer teams are very good as we know.

Maybe Oreca just has a stronger future base (ie finances) than Pesca.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2601448)   #168
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
That's a point but Peugeot is refering to their own cars... and what I understand the engines for Oreca will be customer engines and therefore probably Oreca will get the approved diesel engines.

Hmm, Peugeot going to petrol engines in their own cars, and selling diesels that could beat them? I doubt that very seriously!!
As a customer of Peugeot you would always get a #2 engine. Why would another constructor (Oreca) always want to be in the shadow of Peugeot? Does not make good business sense to me.
Something does not smell right here.

L.P.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2601455)   #169
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, Peugeot going to petrol engines in their own cars, and selling diesels that could beat them? I doubt that very seriously!!
As a customer of Peugeot you would always get a #2 engine. Why would another constructor (Oreca) always want to be in the shadow of Peugeot? Does not make good business sense to me.
Something does not smell right here.
L.P.
If the #2 engine is better than the other privateers, and gives them a fighting chance against Audi/Porsche?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2601466)   #170
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:

What I understood from Quesnel himself(me thinks from an AutoHebdo mag)was 2011 a V8 HDI engine again, then from 2012 a gazoline one(possibly hybrid)
Old 17 Dec 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2601467)   #171
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
What I understood from Quesnel himself(me thinks from an AutoHebdo mag)was 2011 a V8 HDI engine again, then from 2012 a gazoline one(possibly hybrid)
No way they will develop a new engine for 1 year!
At least a 2 year program for an engine, anything under is just waste of money.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2601482)   #172
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Even two years is a little short, that doesn't really justify developing a whole new engine.

This does not add up and I´m afraid this might be a hint that Peugeot is considering to scale their programme back to being an engine supplier.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2601490)   #173
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
If the #2 engine is better than the other privateers, and gives them a fighting chance against Audi/Porsche?
If it is a #2 engine, it will not have a chance against any other full works programs! Otherwise it would be competing against Peugeot, and that will not happen.

L.P.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2601508)   #174
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
If it is a #2 engine, it will not have a chance against any other full works programs! Otherwise it would be competing against Peugeot, and that will not happen.
L.P.
The Peugeot V12 HDI, is said to be miles better than the Audi V12 and V10!.
So if they made small upgrades to it (if that is possible), and developed a even better V8 or V10 for themselves, then i think the V12 still would give Audi a fair race (the question for me is, if ORECA can build a chassis which is competitive with Audi and Peugeot?. The attempt with Audi engine in a non-Audi Chassis, hasn't been good!, so why should Peugeot in ORECA)
Old 17 Dec 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2601518)   #175
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
The Peugeot V12 HDI, is said to be miles better than the Audi V12 and V10!.
So if they made small upgrades to it (if that is possible), and developed a even better V8 or V10 for themselves, then i think the V12 still would give Audi a fair race (the question for me is, if ORECA can build a chassis which is competitive with Audi and Peugeot?. The attempt with Audi engine in a non-Audi Chassis, hasn't been good!, so why should Peugeot in ORECA)

You continue to reinforce my thought! Why wouild Oreca do this if they wish to promote the ability to produce a good and competitive chassis, for sale?

L.P.