Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2784233)   #151
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Who is the spectator?...you are part of the staff I hope?
If it's like this year I can manage both.....................................between sleeping.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2784334)   #152
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who is the spectator?...you are part of the staff I hope?

Did you not get my text Claire?
Old 3 Nov 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2784336)   #153
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should be there with the 924, am prepared to trade the extra entry fee for not having to gamble on having the car ready in time.

Also need to confirm my new co-drivers are putting their money down first
Old 3 Nov 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2784339)   #154
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Did you not get my text Claire?
Yes I did....and replied
Old 3 Nov 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2784346)   #155
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Add .... two jags (pre 59)
I didn't realise that John Prescott was racing!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2784388)   #156
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Rikki Caan entering his Aston. I had the suspicion that it was he who had expressed an interest in this year's event but had to withdraw relatively late on. He is a 10-Tenthers member and I hope that he is keeping an eye on this thread. Also the Aston is in Gulf colours is it not? Love to see that rumbling around for 6 hours!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2784450)   #157
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Is Rikki Caan entering his Aston. I had the suspicion that it was he who had expressed an interest in this year's event but had to withdraw relatively late on. He is a 10-Tenthers member and I hope that he is keeping an eye on this thread. Also the Aston is in Gulf colours is it not? Love to see that rumbling around for 6 hours!
The Aston is supposed to be entering....but I have not had an entry yet
Old 3 Nov 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2784458)   #158
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That'll be this Aston then.
Attached Thumbnails
ONED7758_tn.jpg   ONED7759_tn.jpg   ONED7789_tn.jpg  

ONED7813_tn.jpg   ONED7836_tn.jpg  
Old 3 Nov 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2784503)   #159
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that IS nice!!!

I'm excited!!!
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360, CTCRC Pre 93's
Old 3 Nov 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2784515)   #160
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes I did....and replied

Did you press the 'send' button?
Old 3 Nov 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2784518)   #161
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:

Yes Terry
Old 3 Nov 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2784533)   #162
BILTEL
Racer

England
Too many Terrys on here!!
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
Old 3 Nov 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2784556)   #163
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Yes Terry
Terry, it's probably more a case of did you press the receive button.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2784595)   #164
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Falce, have you changed the wee picture of your car?
Old 3 Nov 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2784604)   #165
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post

Good spot SAMD.

Looks like a rather nice artists interpretation to me. Almost certain to be absorbing the residue of the current season's racing budget!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2784626)   #166
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Good spot SAMD.

Looks like a rather nice artists interpretation to me. Almost certain to be absorbing the residue of the current season's racing budget!
It was well worth it and not overly expensive in the grand scheme of things.
Painted by our resident artist if you couldn't tell.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2784633)   #167
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Terry, it's probably more a case of did you press the receive button.

Nah!,did that Tim,still nothing.[Stop trying to get into Claires good book's.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2784642)   #168
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nah!,did that Tim,still nothing.[Stop trying to get into Claires good book's.
Would I try such a thing.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2785367)   #169
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You've been kitson'd.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2785450)   #170
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Claire, I think you have a foot in both camps as you are involved in the Masters and I don't know the status of the 360 Club as to whether it is a democratic club or commercial.
I think many folk involved in the genuine clubs feel that the commercial events are squeezing them out.
I take on board what you say, though don't understand what it has to do with this particular thread.
I was stating that in this climate, where clubs are complaining of poor grids etc I find it odd that the organising clubs regardless of commercial or in the case of 360 non profit don't sit round a table and thrash out dates so that we DON'T clash.

I made this point on this thread because its relevant to this meeting and the 6 hour at snett, but maybe it should be seperated to another thread as the issue is really more general than just for this particular meeting

Last edited by MartinSmith; 5 Nov 2010 at 17:13. Reason: Blackberry screen is soooooo small!
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2785452)   #171
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Claire, I think you have a foot in both camps as you are involved in the Masters and I don't know the status of the 360 Club as to whether it is a democratic club or commercial.
I think many folk involved in the genuine clubs feel that the commercial events are squeezing them out.
Providing I haven't misread or misunderstood anything you can hardly call the 360 a commercial event, it's always been promoted and was and will be run as a non profit thing run for our benefit as club racers.

Quote:
I take on board what you say, though don't understand what it has to do with this particular thread.
I was stating that in this climate, where clubs are complaining of poor grids etc I find it odd that the organising clubs regardless of commercial or in the case of 360 non profit don't sit round a table and thrash out dates so that we DON'T clash.

I made this point on this thread because its relevant to this meeting and the 6 hour at snett, but maybe it should be seperated to another thread as the issue is really. More general than just for this particular meeting
Claire, to be fair to other series, there was always going to be something else run on this weekend that would clash although will the Donington one really affect the entry for the 360 race? I don't think so tbh.

Perhaps JT could move these posts to another thread. DONE - JT

Last edited by John Turner; 6 Nov 2010 at 09:17.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2785455)   #172
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In Claire's absence (and she's more than capable of answering for herself ), we don't really have a 'foot in both camps' as you put it. We're both clerks of the course for Masters but have no commercial relationship with them and certainly no input or influence into their calendar.
360MRC as you're probably aware, was set up as an MSA recognised organising club (with much assistance and support from 10/10ths and a number of regular contributors) to organise and run a 6 hour endurance race for which their appears to be a demand. It's no more or less democratic that most clubs (it has a committee etc.) but mindful of the fact that it's Claire and I who take the commercial risk. There is no intention to make a profit (but hopefully not a loss!) and our motive is just to do something 'different' in motorsport - not to sqeeze out or compete with existing clubs.
Does that make us a club or an organiser? You tell me

I understand Claire has already replied - I'm a man and can only do one thing at a time!
Old 6 Nov 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2785960)   #173
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can just clarify the situation. Until about ten years ago, all MSA clubs had to submit a constitution to prove that they were truly democratic and owned by the membership. Unfortunately EU laws have changed this as it effectivelt syopped commercial organisations from organising any form of motorsport. The historic rally organisers like HERO, CRA and ERA were firs tin line but the number has now increased to around 30 including several racing organisers, many of whom ar ein the historic field as that is where they see they can make most money. However MSV Racing Club are now a major player.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2787049)   #174
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILTEL View Post

ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360 2011. Toyos, CTCRC Pre 93's
Tel, maybe this ad is a better bet than building your own:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2234503.htm
Old 8 Nov 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2787210)   #175
BILTEL
Racer

England
Thanks Andy.

He's my 3rd driver in the 360. It's only 6 miles from me and we both thought we were running unique cars!!

It's a good car and he's only selling it to make way for an E36 M3. Mines a bit too far on now and owes me more than George wants for his. A good buy for somebody.
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
Closed Thread