Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Apr 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2863683)   #151
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, propper man sized enduros mate, we've been doing driver changes so he does the first 30 laps I do the middle stint and he finishes the race, it's great fun, and I've been gradually weaning him off the assists. The last one we did the otherday, he finished 40 seconds ahead with no racing line, no ABS, No Stability control and Low TCS....not bad for a 9 year old.

Perry McCarthy
Old 15 Apr 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2863871)   #152
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play to him. This on or offline mate??

Btw, you dont mind racing against controller users do ya??
Old 16 Apr 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2864213)   #153
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Offline, online you can only do 25lappers.

No problemo with racing with controller users mate all I care about is a clean race and that whoever I'm racing is having as much fun as me.

Perry McCarthy
Old 16 Apr 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2864298)   #154
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Playing the GT3 Championship and it's so good to have great offiline racing with a good selection of equally matched race cars.

I'm currently on easy A.I difficulty so wins are quite easy, once I've unlocked everything I'll get stuck into more substantial races on the highest level.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2864341)   #155
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I concur that it is fun for a couple of hours, but it's nowhere near as realistic as iR or nk pro.

The letdowns, though, are the tracks. Some of them feel quite realistic, others are like huge highways compared to the reality (like the Ring or Mount Panorama ).
Old 16 Apr 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2864347)   #156
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is ultimately a game but they've mastered the atmosphere of driving a competition car and are clued up about what cars and tracks excite.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2864355)   #157
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It isn't unusual for a game to have altered tracks. The widening of Bathurst is no different to, say, ToCA 2 where they brought the barriers and grandstands closer to the track to make the game look nicer. It isn't really a big deal, though I would prefer perfect tracks.

Had a go on Shift 2 at work. I quite like it, but the. I enjoyed Shift. It still has the erratic AI though, it is far too aggressive at times. Which is a shame, as the general behaviour of the AI is convincing.

Will pick it up on the cheap later on. Don't do release day purchases these days!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2864366)   #158
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post

The letdowns, though, are the tracks. Some of them feel quite realistic, others are like huge highways compared to the reality (like the Ring or Mount Panorama ).
They do that so the track is more 'raceable.'
Old 16 Apr 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2864378)   #159
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't got this yet because wifey is getting it for my bday so I've been playing shift 1 again from scratch. I must say it seems better handling than I remember and must say I'm really enjoying it compared to gt5.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2864401)   #160
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ebola is enjoyable compared to GT5.

But it's ok, it has hidden depths that will only be revealed through years of patching.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2864973)   #161
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They do that so the track is more 'raceable.'
They seem quite raceable in the reality (well, at least Bathurst)
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2864990)   #162
JAG
Veteran

England
£24.99 on Amazom.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2864993)   #163
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
An absolute steal..................!!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2865027)   #164
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing online against randoms instead of friends leaves something to be desired.

I just had a race where the whole time the guy in front of me was cutting the corners to get speed and going off on the grass to keep his speed, and then when I come up along side him he t-bones me off the track, that kept happening the entire race with him then t-boning me on a corner due to him not bothering to turn or to brake.

I came out on top though as he went wide on one of the corners trying to cut it and I managed to get underneath him, beating him when he missed me trying to t-bone me on the last corner.

Sent him a message afterwards calling him out on his cheating only for him to send me a message saying it was all my fault and I was the one driving into him.

On the other hand I'm having great fun beating all of Rob's times.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2865382)   #165
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
They seem quite raceable in the reality (well, at least Bathurst)
Yeah, but real life is completely different, haha.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2865858)   #166
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember playing Shift online,. only did it once!!

The lag was appalling, and the sort of selection process for the races was a bit weird! You were out there in a car you had no idea about, didnt own and they were in Sierra's! Bit daft really, had another couple of goes at different disciplaines and it was really very badly beta tested and stuff. But was early online days so maybe...

I still maintain the best online PS3 game was F1 championship edition, if you had the cars set as ghosts so no contact it was simply superb.

I had many an awesome race, 5 or 6 passes for lead each lap with some guys on that. The slipstream still worked as ghosts so at somewhere like Indy it was pulling 220mph! Great fun and really very immersive.

Far better than most online PS3 titles I have played a lot like Shift, Dirt, Dirt2 and MTV/ATV (which I may say is also a superb little game).
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2865865)   #167
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc6000 View Post
On the other hand I'm having great fun beating all of Rob's times.
Good old Autolog is a nice addition
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2865867)   #168
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Will be on tonight if anyone is about, send me a message later if u are
Old 20 Apr 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2866868)   #169
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
How good is the GT3 series, i love it!!

Jonboy, have you seen how close some of our times are over 4/5 lap races, i think Suzuka or somewhere like that there is less than half a second over the whole race, we need to race buddy LOL
Old 20 Apr 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2866884)   #170
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm getting very tempted to get this for the PS3. Had a look at the tracks used-so much better than GT5 (Bathurst! Silverstone! Road America! Brands!). I'm a big fan of the FIA GT series aswell so it seems like a no brainer really. But how good is the actual racing? I quite enjoyed Racedriver Grid but found the AI was far too aggressive as the game neared the end and GT5 is the opposite-even at pro level (on arcade mode) I can be leading a race within half a lap.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2866885)   #171
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Shift AI can be ruthless to say the least. Generally it is enjoyable, but there are times when you want to scream after repeatedly restarting due to being rammed for no reason.

There were races on Shift 1 that very nearly reduced me to tears. No joke.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2866893)   #172
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
The AI is excellent if a litte aggressive, they will go defensive, makes mistakes, run wide etc

I raced last night (the mad track with 4/5 chicanes, big long circle) anyway, after lap 2 there were 5 AI cars out of the race, missing wheels lying on the track, body work all over the place, bloody brilliant!! There had been 2 seperate incidents and the cars were all over the place!
Old 20 Apr 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2866928)   #173
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Must admit I'm leaning towards getting this over GT5 now (although DIRT3 is ahead of both of those )
Old 20 Apr 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2867014)   #174
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
It smashes all over GT5.................
Old 20 Apr 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2867111)   #175
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very worth while DLC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSspz...layer_embedded

Tracks are Dijon-Prenois '72, Monza '58, Rouen Short '52, Hockenheim '85, Silverstone '75....

It also includes a separate ''legends'' career path

wow