Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 May 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3400440)   #151
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension View Post
Also, IMO I don't see no fault with the goodyear tires. They're using the same ones last year, but now teams got the green light to go crazy with camber, ruining their tires. If the teams are taking the risk, I think they should live with the consequences.
I disagree, if the series has a spec tyre, then it's up to the manufacturer to make a tyre that can withstand the rules set-out by the sanctioning body (or the sanctioning body create rules appropriate for the tyre). After all, if NASCAR say you can run camber X then they really should expect the teams to push the boat out and run that camber!

Several fiery tyre delaminations and yet NASCAR proceeded, is that really a good idea?
Old 1 May 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3400462)   #152
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So far Ambrose is doing very well this (his last?) season.

Same for rookies Dillon and Larson. It looks like Ganassi made the right decesion to put Larson in the car.

Also Joey Logano's move to Penske last year resulted in better performance for him.
Old 2 May 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3400980)   #153
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nationwide Insurance will sponsor Earnhardt Jr. for 12 races next year and 13 in '16 and '17.
Old 3 May 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3401025)   #154
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What was Junior's response to the rumoured $2 million he was going to spend on his wedding
Old 3 May 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3401077)   #155
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess it's less expensive to sponsor a race team, than to sponsor a whole series. Heck, He's been doing commercials for them for several years now,so Nationwide was/is really pretty natural and a good fit, for him. I still laugh at the commercial that had him and Danica Patrick in it, (the first one, I believe) where she kept telling him to move further and further back (and out of the picture, and then him driving away, saying "Looks like the ride home vanished too", leaving her calling his name at an empty race track! That one was hilarious!
Old 3 May 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3401100)   #156
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Guess it's less expensive to sponsor a race team, than to sponsor a whole series. Heck, He's been doing commercials for them for several years now,so Nationwide was/is really pretty natural and a good fit, for him. I still laugh at the commercial that had him and Danica Patrick in it, (the first one, I believe) where she kept telling him to move further and further back (and out of the picture, and then him driving away, saying "Looks like the ride home vanished too", leaving her calling his name at an empty race track! That one was hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIa_QhM8Ot4

It's a good one indeed.
Old 3 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3401455)   #157
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liking this qualifying at Talladega. Cars going slow, cars going fast ,
strategies trying to be figured out. Cant believe we sat through
years and years of 1 car at a time. I am predicting a new winner
and qualifier for the chase this weekend. JJ-48 , TS-14 are due.
Old 4 May 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3401776)   #158
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Liking this qualifying at Talladega. Cars going slow, cars going fast ,
strategies trying to be figured out. Cant believe we sat through
years and years of 1 car at a time. I am predicting a new winner
and qualifier for the chase this weekend. JJ-48 , TS-14 are due.
I'm just the opposite. I prefer the single car qualifying. This glorified practice session qualifying makes little sense, very confusing. I tried to watch it, once and it just is not for me. I watched qualifying for the Daytona Pole Position and I tried to watch one of these "new" qualifying format qualifications. Results -- I now watch the final practice session, before the race and the race, itself. Mark me down as a dissatisifed fan. I will watch qualifying for the pole position, for the Daytona 500 next year, unless they change it as well, otherwise, my days of watching qualifying for Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races are through.
Old 4 May 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3401817)   #159
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some hilarious comments on the car radios during qualifying. Clearly the teams had figured out a 'plan' and for most it did not work.

Clint Bowyer - "well that didn't f***ing work"
Old 4 May 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3401944)   #160
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, I've been busy, missed Taz clocking Mears and forgot its 'dega weekend.

Oh right, dega. It's three wide ATM, but shall be a bigass smoking pile of junk shortly.
Old 4 May 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3402052)   #161
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Dale Jr. wasn't too far off on his prediction of a big crash happening with 10 laps to go; it happened with 13 to go.

I expect things to get a tad... crazy, when this race restarts.
Old 4 May 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3402054)   #162
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that ****ing sucked. They should be able to get the yellow even during the white flag lap.

Talk about robbing us of a great finish, damnit. Feels extra anticlimatic given it was a piece of freakin' bumper laying there.

Oh well, congrats to Denny Hamlin on his first superspeedway win I guess.
Old 5 May 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3402300)   #163
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good drive by Dinger too for a top 5 - spewing about that finish. A few name drivers like Keselowski & Johnson started wreck all by themselves too!
Old 5 May 2014, 02:06 (Ref:3402311)   #164
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Talladega:

1. Jeff Gordon (Hendrick Chevrolet), 297
2. Matt Kenseth (Gibbs Toyota), 296
3. Kyle Busch (Gibbs Toyota), 269
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr (Hendrick Chevrolet), 271
5. Carl Edwards (Roush Ford), 278
6. Joey Logano (Penske Ford), 245
7. Jimmie Johnson (Hendrick Chevrolet), 270
8. Greg Biffle (Roush Ford), 227
9. Ryan Newman (Childress Chevrolet), 236
10. Brian Vickers (Waltrip Toyota), 224
11. Brad Keselowski (Penske Ford), 246
12. Denny Hamlin (Gibbs Toyota), 223
13. Kyle Larson (Ganassi Chevrolet), 223
14. Austin Dillon (Childress Chevrolet), 235
15. A.J. Allmendinger (JTG Daugherty Chevrolet), 224

Tony Stewart has fallen to 21st.
Old 5 May 2014, 04:50 (Ref:3402338)   #165
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
These are the points...

Jeff Gordon - 347
Matt Kenseth - 344
Kyle Busch - 343
Dale Earnhardt Jnr - 328
Carl Edwards - 328
Joey Logano - 305
Jimmie Johnson - 304
Greg Biffle - 300
Ryan Newman - 299
Brad Keselowski - 294
Brian Vickers - 297
Denny Hamlin - 292
Kyle Larson - 286
Austin Dillon - 281
AJ Allmendinger - 279
Marcos Ambrose - 268

Paul Menard - 265
Clint Bowyer - 261
Kevin Harvick - 258 (Wild Card)
Kasey Kahne - 252
Casey Mears - 244
Tony Stewart - 244
Aric Almirola - 242
Jamie McMurray - 241
Ricky Stenhouse Jnr - 218
Martin Truex Jnr - 209
Kurt Busch - 196 (Wild Card)

** Top 16, Allmendinger & Ambrose are out, Harvick & Kurt are in...
Old 6 May 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3402848)   #166
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Sorry, it seems that the Nascar website wasn't updated quick enough.
Old 7 May 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3403315)   #167
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
UPDATE: A weak season for NASCAR on FOX continued with the lowest overnight from Talladega in at least sixteen years. Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Aaron's 499 from Talladega earned a 4.0 overnight rating on FOX, down 9% from last year (4.4), down 15% from 2012 (4.7), and the lowest overnight for the spring Talladega race since at least 1998. The previous low was set last year. The multi-year low comes on the heels of the two lowest overnights in NASCAR on FOX history - Darlington's 3.2 and Richmond's 3.0. So far this season, FOX has earned its lowest overnights ever at Daytona, Phoenix, Martinsville, Las Vegas, Darlington, Richmond and Talladega, and its second-lowest overnight at Fontana. Despite the lower numbers, Sunday's race earned the fourth-highest overnight of the weekend for a sporting event on broadcast or cable, trailing only three NBA Game 7s - Grizzlies/Thunder on TNT (4.1), Warriors/Clippers on TNT (4.3), and Mavericks/Spurs on ABC (4.9). Because final ratings for NASCAR tend to rise from the overnights, it is entirely possible that the race will end up having been the top sporting event of the week when the final numbers are released.(Sports Media Watch)(5-6-2014)
Old 7 May 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3403336)   #168
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
That's like 10-12 times the IndyCar and United SportsCar ratings.
Old 7 May 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3403344)   #169
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's still pretty pitiful for the ratings. When Talladega and Bristol ratings are down consistently every year, that is a telling sign.

Did Talladega remove back stretch grandstands; sorry the "Alabama Gang Superstretch" grandstands? I couldn't tell from the TV, but did notice that the front stretch stands looked pretty full...

Edit: Think i just answered my own question.
http://tireball.com/nascar/files/201...labamagang.jpg
Old 8 May 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3403853)   #170
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Blaney will attempt to make his first Cup race this weekend.

National Guard's IndyCar and NASCAR sponsorships are also under fire once again, granted that's become a yearly tradition.
Old 9 May 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3404034)   #171
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Who is "Jayski"?
Old 9 May 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3404060)   #172
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Who is "Jayski"?
Check out the site, www.jayski.com. The name of the site is Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season. Jay Adaminski (probably mispelled his last name) has been running this site for a number of years now. Some of his info are rumors and he admits that, but allot of what he posts turns out to be true. It is one of the best sources for NASCAR information, that you will find.
Old 9 May 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3404188)   #173
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jayski is one of the first websites I ever remember. I know it has been around since the mid-90s. Hasn't changed a bit either.
Old 10 May 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3404725)   #174
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kansas - C'mon Danica, time to punch that ticket for the chase.
Checkers or wreckers tonite. Make something out of that decent quali.
Old 11 May 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3404862)   #175
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Kansas - C'mon Danica, time to punch that ticket for the chase.
Checkers or wreckers tonite. Make something out of that decent quali.
She drove a very good race last night. Earned that top 10 finish, as high as 3 place, at one time. She gave Kevin Harvick credit for showing her some different thing that she had been doing wrong, where she could pick up speed on the track. She put that info to good use. Don't think she will ever win a championship, but if she starts to run like this on a consistent basis, winning a race or two will not be out of the question.