Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1045425)   #151
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Easy there, tigers.
Nice to know there is a bit of passion out there for our teams and drivers, but we should try and get our facts right before we start sniping at our own people. After all, every story has at least two sides, right?
Old 24 Jul 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1045448)   #152
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey, awesome about TKR and Bairdo grabbing pole! Here's the article http://www.nzmotorsport.co.nz/conten...ArticleID=2579

Wet conditions, but who cares!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1045506)   #153
Freak
Rookie

Freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go the Allblacks and credit to Craig Baird.
Goat Boy, You r correct, there is always 2 sides to a story but hey good things come to those that wait and that doesn't mean rain!
Evomike, sorry to hear you have been fooled to put your money into a pocket that doesn't relate to the track.
My point is (as a rookie) Nick Ross deserves better and now he doesn't belong to the team I'm sure he will speak about his blatent dissapointment in this past season. He is a better driver than that. I am just sick of reading regurdgated (sorry if spelling is wrong) press releases and ideas made by others that TKR have rehashed to make it sound like they are helping the people that need it and it "never" comes to anything put press release's. You don't have to look far or ask this forum if thats got substance!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1045952)   #154
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Go the Allblacks and credit to Craig Baird.
Goat Boy, You r correct, there is always 2 sides to a story but hey good things come to those that wait and that doesn't mean rain!
Evomike, sorry to hear you have been fooled to put your money into a pocket that doesn't relate to the track.
My point is (as a rookie) Nick Ross deserves better and now he doesn't belong to the team I'm sure he will speak about his blatent dissapointment in this past season. He is a better driver than that. I am just sick of reading regurdgated (sorry if spelling is wrong) press releases and ideas made by others that TKR have rehashed to make it sound like they are helping the people that need it and it "never" comes to anything put press release's. You don't have to look far or ask this forum if thats got substance!
Hmmm you have no idea who I am do you? I am also Team Kiwis Accountant so I know where the money goes, as for Nicks performance last year, it has nothing to do with TKR or Nick, I will leave it at that.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1045955)   #155
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
If Nick had have been given a car equal to Booths where would he have been? You are right about the car but where is that car now? Who's is it? Who built it? Who ran it? The answer to all of these is not TKR. The offer made to Nick for this year is worth tens of thousands. He will save about $7k in marquee hire alone, not to mention the use of the transporter and equipment. Also please be specific about who has been shafted and how it occured. Lets see if the truth is there or if you are assuming. At the end of the day the are the reigning NZV8 Touring car team, they put Andy into the title so sorry if you think they have done nothing. Would Jason Richards be in Supercars today? Maybe? Who knows? Who else put their hand up to run a V8 Supercar team? I know people have tried and failed. Maybe those who have been "shafted" are just not good enough. What is your grand plan? At the end of the day, Jason Richards, John Mcintyre, Andy Booth, and Nick Ross all received free touring car drives. They did not pay so If that is not good enough then I don't know what the hell is. You obviously have a personal greviance with the team, which is fine, but don't try and bring someone down without all the facts.
Regards

Mike McDonald
Director
McDonald Reid Limited - Accountants
Proud Sponsors of Team Kiwi Racing
Old 24 Jul 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1045977)   #156
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Evo does that mean your not coming across
Old 24 Jul 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1046002)   #157
Breezzee
Racer

New Zealand
Top of the South - NZ
Breezzee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OTR seem to be practicing on a few of the circuits.
They seem to be the most organized team so far for this up coming season. Even been track testing down in Timaru recently.

Evomike, your replys in this thread allways make it worth my while dropping by every few days for a read. Keep it up. Make sure they give you large signage on the car this year......
Old 24 Jul 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1046045)   #158
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Breezzee
They seem to be the most organized team so far for this up coming season. Even been track testing down in Timaru recently.

Evomike, your replys in this thread allways make it worth my while dropping by every few days for a read. Keep it up. Make sure they give you large signage on the car this year......
I get the signage I pay for, my attitude or loyalty is not repaid in signage, I am so hot on certain subjects because I do actually have some facts at my disposal. As i said I know where the dollars go and where they on't go. So thats why I get a little wound up.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1046052)   #159
Breezzee
Racer

New Zealand
Top of the South - NZ
Breezzee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I've noticed you have been a little hot under the collar of late.

My comment about signage was just a tounge in cheak. Wouldn't expect anything else but size v $$ spent.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 23:22 (Ref:1046055)   #160
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Breezzee
Yes, I've noticed you have been a little hot under the collar of late.

My comment about signage was just a tounge in cheak. Wouldn't expect anything else but size v $$ spent.
No problem Breezzee, was a little hot under the collar this morning as some silly woman decided to turn her car in front of me. Luckily I have ABS or she wouldn't have been smiling. I shouldn't have posted when I got home.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 00:33 (Ref:1046108)   #161
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by nicko
Ok i should have said "all I care about" instead of "all we care about" because I guess many supporters and sponsors would love to c TKR race in the NZ series. But for me if TKR wernt in the main series I probally wouldnt watch it, so as long as they can keep in the main series ill be happy
well since i'm not australian (not that there's anything wrong with that) and i'd rather watch my motorsport in the flesh.. then sit in front of a tv and watch it.. i'd have to disagree with you.

go to any meeting in the country and count how many people are wearing tkr gear. this team is popular! people want to see them race! hope that support doesn't drop now that tkr aren't racing in the local series.

losing a team like tkr isn't a good thing!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1046171)   #162
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
EVOMIKE, You make me smile and you make me proud and you dwarfe many of us withyour input to TKR. DONT apologise to the pillock that seems to have eaten venom instead of Sportsmanship. Wish I could have answered 'freak' in a like manner but I do not have the skill of the FACTS (and neither I suspect does 'freak'.
It's astounding that there are still folk that want to get personal and want to spout untruths without the benifit of knowledge. OH OH, gotta go. 10 minutes to the Shell Helix /David Turner TV1 Live n Dangereous Race from WINTON where rumour has it that our boy is on POLE...... WHOOOOPEEEEE sorry, slipped out..... and to those wot is actually AT the track, good on ya and I hope you paid for your ticket instead of accepting freebee entry.
Yakida
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1046464)   #163
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Quote:
Originally posted by promax
[ i'd rather watch my motorsport in the flesh.. then sit in front of a tv and watch it..

go to any meeting in the country and count how many people are wearing tkr gear. this team is popular! people want to see them race! hope that support doesn't drop now that tkr aren't racing in the local series.

losing a team like tkr isn't a good thing! [/B]
You are soooo right 'promax'. Those of us that attend Live n Dangerous', as many Meetings as possible (For me that's all the North Island Meetings) where it all becomes extremely expensive and time consumming (15 hours driving to Manfield and back for maybe 6 hours racing in sometimes the foulest of weather (Thanks Manfield!!!) AND four days 'off' to do it, AND the Motel and the fuel and the Eats etc etc AND the TKR T'shirt or two......... What now then.?? Will TKR be in attendance to sell their gear,? will the TKR Club members still have a focal point,? a meeting point.? a place to quiz and congratulate the TKR leaders.? Seems to me that we wont and we will attend, in all of our magnificent Team Regalia, (including the umbrella...(thanks Manfield)merely as shadows of our former selves. Losing the TKR NZ Team,while inevitable after the last but one meeting last year when it appears we lost our (main) Man, our Preparer AND our Car, will most surely have a negative effect on the 'local' support. Cant expect to gather more fans and supporters if there is no TEAM on show.
ME.? I will still be sporting the full TKR uniform and pushing the cause at every opportunity but despite the obvious sense in concentrating on just one Series, it is still a blow to think that a 4 year liason with this mighty Team on the 'local' front, where TKR gathered a massive amount of local support, is now lost to us. Just one (Street ?) race a year to congregate and bond with like minded folk. sigh..............
Old 25 Jul 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1046589)   #164
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey "Freak" feel free to drop into our office one day, would love to spend a few minutes talking to you!!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1047494)   #165
foggy
Rookie

foggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Martin, when FREAK comes in give me a call, I too would like to meet him (me thinks we both already have!!??).Congrats TKR on their pole at winton, flippin hard to achieve, no matter rain or whatever !!. Let it be known that I am forever grateful to David John and his vision of TKR, a vision many other high powered team owners in NZ only wish they had come up with first !> Being one of the start up members, I had two fantastic years with the team, and while it was bloody hard work I also had many opportunities I probably would never have achieved on my own.
I learned a lot about the marketing/PR side of the sport, and the way DJ goes about things is not always the way I would have, but you have to take ya hat off to the guy, he works night and day trying to put together deals and come up with innovative ideas, Four years later and still going cant be all bad. For the record I was the longest serving driver and the only one not to bring money into the team. When I left it was for personal reasons and not because my ego had outgrown my ability !!! Also for the record, apart from Gene Rollinson and Taryn Kugener, any of the karting "kids" who I had the pleasure of meeting were jumped up little ****s and wanted to prance around in white trousers, not get stuck in and actually learn and experience what its like behind the scenes .... yes thats right dad wont be adjusting ya chain when you really start racing !! ANyway enough ramblings from a worn out old race car driver like me..... on another note, due to business commitments I wont be racing my Commodore in the NZV8s this season and if anyone is looking for a part finished VY give me a call.......
Old 26 Jul 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1047525)   #166
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a great shame, Foggy. You were writing yourself a new legend status as the Shoe-string Achiever, running on a meagre budget with max results.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1047555)   #167
shelleybgood
Rookie

shelleybgood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....on another note, due to business commitments I wont be racing my Commodore in the NZV8s this season and if anyone is looking for a part finished VY give me a call.......
I notice you say you won't be racing your commodore (instead of saying you're not racing at all) ... so does that mean a v8 with a blue oval?
Old 26 Jul 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1047801)   #168
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Damn...... another blow to the NZ V8 Series, no number 11, the lightning fast Carters Tyres Holden (the one with the 'off road' tyres.??) (just kidding) of the amazing Mr Fogg. sigh. Thanks Foggy for the glowing post regarding TKR,and for sharing your perspective of your time there. WE enjoyed your time there immensely and you were sorely missed. Halcyon days eh? I was stoked when you appeared in the #11 and am sorry that business will prevent you from Racing this year. Will be a lookin' out for you though. Go well.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1048162)   #169
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by foggy
Yes Martin, when FREAK comes in give me a call, I too would like to meet him (me thinks we both already have!!??).Congrats TKR on their pole at winton, flippin hard to achieve, no matter rain or whatever !!. Let it be known that I am forever grateful to David John and his vision of TKR, a vision many other high powered team owners in NZ only wish they had come up with first !> Being one of the start up members, I had two fantastic years with the team, and while it was bloody hard work I also had many opportunities I probably would never have achieved on my own.
I learned a lot about the marketing/PR side of the sport, and the way DJ goes about things is not always the way I would have, but you have to take ya hat off to the guy, he works night and day trying to put together deals and come up with innovative ideas, Four years later and still going cant be all bad. For the record I was the longest serving driver and the only one not to bring money into the team. When I left it was for personal reasons and not because my ego had outgrown my ability !!! Also for the record, apart from Gene Rollinson and Taryn Kugener, any of the karting "kids" who I had the pleasure of meeting were jumped up little ****s and wanted to prance around in white trousers, not get stuck in and actually learn and experience what its like behind the scenes .... yes thats right dad wont be adjusting ya chain when you really start racing !! ANyway enough ramblings from a worn out old race car driver like me..... on another note, due to business commitments I wont be racing my Commodore in the NZV8s this season and if anyone is looking for a part finished VY give me a call.......
Here here Foggy! The are on me!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1048171)   #170
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by foggy
Here here Foggy! The are on me!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1048217)   #171
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! it's all been getting a bit emotional recently. It's good to see a bit of passion back in NZ motorsport supporters.
Nicely said Foggy, while I wouldn't count myself as a staunch TKR supporter, i still admire the concept and the stick it to the big boys attitude that has resulted in what can only be described as one of the best seasons (so far)by a single car team in quite some time. I'm sure any Kiwi race fan felt a sense of pride at last weekends pole ('aint the rain a great leveller!).
It's interesting that with some people so quick to talk about the 'shafting' of drivers and broken promises you get prominent ex-TKR drivers prepared to jump into the middle of these threads and defend their old team and give the REAL explanations for departing. I seem to remember Mr Booth doing likewise awhile back (might have been in the old thread that got locked)after his departure resulted in another round of TKR bashing. There must be some pretty sound reasons for them to do this when they're no longer required to?
On another note, Foggy, no Commodore? Could the rumour be true about a German assembled Ford, and I don't mean a Capri
Old 27 Jul 2004, 07:00 (Ref:1048445)   #172
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Foggy you've gone church mouse quiet.Whats this we hear about the new V8 Touring Car super team.And in those blue jalopies to boot.Come on give it to us.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1048520)   #173
Andrew Anderson
Racer

Andrew Anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Collins
Hey "Freak" feel free to drop into our office one day, would love to spend a few minutes talking to you!!
As mentioned many a time during the last couple of seasons Martin, yes these forums can be a dangerous place for people to vent their spleans all be it some times (or should that be most times) well off the mark in regards to the facts.

Great effort on the pole position, not to mention the early race pace in the DRY!!!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1048529)   #174
Andrew Anderson
Racer

Andrew Anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
If Nick had have been given a car equal to Booths where would he have been? You are right about the car but where is that car now? Who's is it? Who built it? Who ran it? The answer to all of these is not TKR. The offer made to Nick for this year is worth tens of thousands. He will save about $7k in marquee hire alone, not to mention the use of the transporter and equipment. Also please be specific about who has been shafted and how it occured. Lets see if the truth is there or if you are assuming. At the end of the day the are the reigning NZV8 Touring car team, they put Andy into the title so sorry if you think they have done nothing. Would Jason Richards be in Supercars today? Maybe? Who knows? Who else put their hand up to run a V8 Supercar team? I know people have tried and failed. Maybe those who have been "shafted" are just not good enough. What is your grand plan? At the end of the day, Jason Richards, John Mcintyre, Andy Booth, and Nick Ross all received free touring car drives. They did not pay so If that is not good enough then I don't know what the hell is. You obviously have a personal greviance with the team, which is fine, but don't try and bring someone down without all the facts.
Regards

Mike McDonald
Director
McDonald Reid Limited - Accountants
Proud Sponsors of Team Kiwi Racing
Can I just add to this a little note that I have been very appreciative of all the dedication, effort and support that the owner of last seasons TKR 021 / 777 and E-frame 70 Holden NZV8 Touring Cars has shown me over my last 4 years in this class.

To quote an aspect of a recent Foggy posting, I to would not be in the position I am today, being involved in this class if it was not for that commitment.

Also the car package I have had available to me has been nothing less of first rate and I am sure many other Holden drivers in the class would jump at the chance to get their butts in the seat of one.

Finally if this car owner had not given the current NZV8 Champion a start 3 years ago, and that we as a class had not had the battle royal with the late Ashley Stitchbury that season would we be were we are today?

Roll on the 2004/05 season, if it's as hot as this thread I started it's going to be FULL ON.

Ps: I guess with me switching from Ford to Holden it was always a chance someone was going to go the other way? Tell me can you fit an engine in the rear of a BA?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 09:42 (Ref:1048543)   #175
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sayonara Ashley Stichbury...one of the nicest and most competitive drivers ever in NZ motorsport

We miss Ashley dearly. I hope that Anna and Zac are well.