Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jul 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1361827)   #151
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Morris is a bloody w@nker.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1361828)   #152
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
p1 lowndes
p2 ambrose
p3 tander
p4 ingall
p5 richo
p6 toddler
p7 ellery
p8 murph
p9 jnr
p10 bright

4 laps tp go

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jul 2005, 05:48 (Ref:1361830)   #153
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
race over......

p1 lowndes
p2 ambrose gap 2.08
p3 tander
p4 ingall
p5 richo
p6 toddler
p7 ellery
p8 murph
p9 jnr
p10 bright
p11 seto
p12 skaife

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jul 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1361831)   #154
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
Paul Morris is a bloody w@nker.
You must have seen a different incident to me... it was a light touch at the rear of the car, a graze if anything, of the rear bumper of the Dodo unit... it unsettled the #3 car, and over she went...

This was certainly no worse than the Jane hit on Mr McLean's Porsche yesterday.

Meantime the #67 car has pitted on the #10 coverage, and there is no obvious damage to the front of the Sirromet car. It has me wondering if Mr Richards missed a gear or something... but either way, the penalty is an odd one!

The #3 car looks like the front of it has been run over by a garbage truck... I hope Mr D'Alberto sleeps in his HPDC car... it might get claimed for duty at Oran Park in a few weeks time....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:01 (Ref:1361832)   #155
FPRXR-6
Racer

Morris swerved into the back of Richards and in the process almost ripping his rear bumper off so how could you say that it was a light tap?
He should've got a 5min penalty not a 60sec one.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:03 (Ref:1361833)   #156
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
lowndes sprays his team with champers and one team member polishes the rest of the bottle off on live tv??

Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1361836)   #157
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Morris swerved into the back of Richards and in the process almost ripping his rear bumper off so how could you say that it was a light tap?
Take a squiz at the PMM car, it is not damaged... the touch must have been feather light!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1361838)   #158
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno, it happed right in front of me, and it was fairly well identical to yesterdays stack. It's funny, but you could see it coming from a mile away, Richards wasn't giving him any excessive room, but Morris wasn't going to button off. Light tap or not, but it was enough to turn him around. Now if that ripple strip weren't there he would have finished in a paddock somewhere without damage....

I've been coming here for 6 years, and I've never seen anything like what happened this weekend. Twice in two days, you'd have to be very unlucky....
Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1361842)   #159
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
ambrose 1166
richo 1061
ingall 1051
toddler 1032
skaife 954
lowndes 910

crowd
fri 72133
sat 16926
sun 40877

total....65,015

Old 24 Jul 2005, 06:40 (Ref:1361854)   #160
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/599651

Richards walks free from crash

Jul 24, 2005

New Zealander Jason Richards survived a spectacular high-speed accident when his Holden Commodore was launched several metres in the air flipping at least six times at Sunday's Queensland 300 V8 Supercar race at Queensland Raceway.

On lap 44 Richards was clipped from behind by Gold Coaster Paul Morris accelerating out of turn three doing about 170km/h and spun onto a curb which launched his car into the air where it rolled several times but luckily landed upright.

After rescuers freed him from the wreckage, the Team Dodo driver miraculously walked away from the crash without serious injury.

"I'm very, very disappointed with Paul," he said.

"I have got a sore neck and sore back. He just turned hard right into me. It surprised the living hell out of me.

"The first roll over hurt my neck and I curled up and grabbed the front of my helmet."

The strap from Richards' helmet crushed onto his voicebox, affecting his speech.

He was treated at the circuit and diagnosed to be suffering from shock and a headache but had no physical signs of injury.

Richards was then driven to Ipswich hospital for precautionary x-rays but is still expected to fly home to Melbourne on Sunday.

His fiancee Charlotte was not at the track on Sunday, but was telephoned in England where she is visiting relatives and reassured her husband-to-be was safe.

Ironically, prior to the smash, Richards had labelled the Willowbank circuit as his least favourite on the 13-event V8 Supercar series.

It is his second high-speed crash in two years after Richards also rolled his car several times at Pukekohe in New Zealand in 2003.

"I was seeing more stars than in Pukekohe in 2003," said Richards.

"It was a real struggle to get out of the car."

Making matters worse for Richards his team does not have a spare racing car meaning they must repair the damaged Commodore in a fortnight before the next round at Oran Park from August 12.

Morris was black flagged for the incident and given a 60-second pit lane penalty, although he is expected to be further punished by race officials.

On Saturday Carrera Cup driver Cameron McLean crashed in identical fashion at the exact same point on the track - also walking away without injury.

Source: AAP

Old 24 Jul 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1361855)   #161
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Summary here:
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...=53&nid=115573
Old 24 Jul 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1361856)   #162
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Take a squiz at the PMM car, it is not damaged... the touch must have been feather light!
Joking!

GTR from the footage taken from the rear I would have to say Morris turned right straight into the rear corner. They did have a rub in the corner and it may have started out as payback. At the end of the day it is similar to Rick Kelly at Surfers last year and I dont see anyone crucifying Morris in the same way. One has to wonder if the collateral damage has an effect on the IPO. I would have thought it not disimilar to Skaife/Ambrose at EC. As Crash says if it was anywhere else he would have been in the boonies with little damage.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 07:31 (Ref:1361857)   #163
FPRXR-6
Racer

Quote:
Obviously you didn't see the damage on RHS front quarter panel next to the headlight?
Old 24 Jul 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1361859)   #164
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So who is right? Mr Wollermann or Mr Mezera?

And if collateral damage should be considered, Rodney Jane may need to go back to his primary career!!!

That part of the circuit is not safe.. take a look at both destructions, in each case a wheel got ripped off on that megakerb, presumably when the cars "dug in" and over and over and over they both went.

Ordinarily a car taking a tap from behind like they both did would end up on the grass infield, gather their composure and go again....

I still contend the PMM car remained immaculate after the "touch", the #10 boys showed the car in the pit for the 60 second penalty, and there was no markings, no damage, not even a sponsor logo rubbed out of place..... so how precisely did a large hit happen without damaging the car causing the thump?

I await the PMM press release with baited breath!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1361869)   #165
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
ambrose 1166
richo 1061
ingall 1051
toddler 1032
skaife 954
lowndes 910

crowd
fri 72133
sat 16926
sun 40877

total....65,015
Sorry retro. But 72 thousand on friday?

Larko, We miss you.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1361870)   #166
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrcon King
Sorry retro. But 72 thousand on friday?

.........umm take off the last 3.......

Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1361871)   #167
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Morris did not allow "racing room" as per a number of recent decisions by the officials and as such the decision was consistent especially considering what happened the previous day. It was a decent hit and damage was visible on the PMM car.

The Morris press release will probably plead innocence as it does after almost every round when he takes someone off and generally slides to the rear of the field.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1361876)   #168
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So who is right? Mr Wollermann or Mr Mezera?

And if collateral damage should be considered, Rodney Jane may need to go back to his primary career!!!

That part of the circuit is not safe.. take a look at both destructions, in each case a wheel got ripped off on that megakerb, presumably when the cars "dug in" and over and over and over they both went.

Ordinarily a car taking a tap from behind like they both did would end up on the grass infield, gather their composure and go again....

I still contend the PMM car remained immaculate after the "touch", the #10 boys showed the car in the pit for the 60 second penalty, and there was no markings, no damage, not even a sponsor logo rubbed out of place..... so how precisely did a large hit happen without damaging the car causing the thump?

I await the PMM press release with baited breath!
Being a fan of the Tasman team I am probably not the one to have an unbiased opinion. My real misunderstanding is, if that had happened at a corner without the kerb, Morris would have probably received at worst a drive thru. Why should he receive more than that, with the threat of further action being taken, if collateral damage had no bearing?
Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1361881)   #169
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Morris did not allow "racing room" as per a number of recent decisions by the officials and as such the decision was consistent especially considering what happened the previous day. It was a decent hit and damage was visible on the PMM car.
Rodney Jane did not allow racing room in the Porsche incident either. Instead, the contact with the other competitor was conveniently left out of the Carrera Cup press release as being the coconspirator in the McLean crash

I have no problem with any of this if the rulings are consistent... it is where the shades of grey come into it that makes any rulings on the fly difficult to understand.

Meantime, it was obvious from the broadcast which way the driver of the #67 car was thinking!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Jul 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1361882)   #170
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/417227/599660

Lowndes wins dramatic Queensland 300

Jul 24, 2005

It has been six years since Craig Lowndes won the V8 Supercar Championship but the Ford driver has launched a last ditch long shot effort for this year's title winning Sunday's Queensland 300.

Lowndes produced his finest display of the season winning the 90-lap race at his home track of Queensland Raceway from series leader Marcos Ambrose and Holden's Garth Tander.

Safety cars were the only real threat to Lowndes' victory as his Falcon kept building leads late in the race only for the seconds to whittle away under yellow flags.

The biggest incident of the race came on lap 44 when Holden's Jason Richards flipped several times after being launched metres into the air at 170km/h.

He walked away from the crash with no visible injuries but was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.

Lowndes witnessed the crash but refocused to surge to his second win of the year and keep alive his distant hopes of a fourth championship title.

The 1999 champ is still sixth in the series pointscore 256 points behind Ambrose who extended his lead out to 105 points ahead of Steven Richards with today's runner up placing.

But Lowndes, winner at Eastern Creek earlier in the year, said he still harbours hopes of challenging for this year's championship despite being such a long distance behind runaway leader Ambrose.

"I sat here earlier in the week and said we are a long shot," said Lowndes.

"We are not as consistent as we would like to be, we have the pace but as Marcos is showing you have got to be consistent to become champion.

"We are not doing that as well as we would like but there is a long way to go.

"There is still Sandown and Bathurst to go. Once we drop our worst rounds it will really make it interesting. If you have a bad round from then it will really hurt you badly.

"We will do our best. We hope we can pressure Marcos right to the end.

"But there's not just Marcos but everybody else too."

Ambrose started from pole position but was passed in pit lane on lap 14 by Lowndes who chose to only swap his left side tyres, while Ambrose erred on the side of caution and switched all four.

"We made the call to put four on, that's a championship decision," said Ambrose.

"Were the tyres going to last the distance? We chose four for safety but lost our position.

"If we are going to get beat, at least it is a Ford and if it is going to be a Ford then at least it is one with the same engine as us.

"Ford have had pole position and won here five out of five years. It shows that Ford is a weapon around Queensland Raceway and it is a great launching pad for the second half of the year."

Forever the competitor gunning for victory, Ambrose conceded he would be happy not to win again this year as long as he concludes his last year in V8s with a championship.

"It is great to go for wins but Craig can have a couple as long as I keep extending my championship lead I am happy," he said.

"We must keep the focus on the championship and get everything ready for the second half of the year."

Tander, seventh in the series and 307 points adrift of Ambrose, has written off his hopes for the title and is already planning for next year.

"The championship is not an issue, we are just going for race wins and podium and getting ready to come out strong next year," he said.

Holden's Paul Morris, who clipped Richards accelerating out of turn three causing him to spin, is being investigated by race stewards for his involvement in the spectacular crash.

Morris was given a 60-second pit stop penalty during the race but it is expected he will be hauled in front of a judiciary hearing.

Richards is still hoping to fly home to Melbourne on Sunday.

Source: Reuters

Old 24 Jul 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1361946)   #171
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg

The Morris press release will probably plead innocence as it does after almost every round when he takes someone off and generally slides to the rear of the field.
Isn't Richards supposed to give racing room as well though? He just drove Morris off the circuit. Morris should not have to back out of the throttle coming out of the corner.

This penatly really has me stumped.

Would the penalty have applied if the ridiculous curbing wasn't there, and instead Richards just slide across the grass for a while and rejoin? I think not.........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1361963)   #172
bossRacing
Rookie

bossRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
ambrose 1166
richo 1061
ingall 1051
toddler 1032
skaife 954
lowndes 910

crowd
fri 7213
sat 16926
sun 40877

total....65,015

and aussie bernie will come out and say that 275.000 people turned up to watch,
Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1361968)   #173
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recon it's the same as Skaife and Ambrose at the Creek but this time the ref's got it wrong.
Skaife was wrong at EC as he just can't turn in front of Ambrose as if he isn't there.
Jason just moved over to take his line as if Paul wasn't there. Sure Paul turned hard right but if he didn't he would have launched off the kerb him self as Jason had taken him off line as he was on the inside.
Just as Ambrose at EC, Paul shouldn't be expected to just get out of it either as he is entitled to racing room as well.
You can't just treat the other competitor as if they aren't there.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1361969)   #174
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Already been said...
Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1361970)   #175
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting duel between Tander and Ingall. Ingall appeared to have far superior "turn in" but Tander pulled away out of the corners and down the straights with ease. Is this an indication of superior engine power or just differing setup?