Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And What A Surprise It Will Be.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 06:01 (Ref:1771166)   #152
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2CV? Caterham? Lambo?

Who cares, its gonna be great no matter what, c ya'll in a few hours!!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 06:59 (Ref:1771179)   #153
Kermit Power
Rookie

England
Epsom
Kermit Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good day at OP everyone!

Can't wait for Brands in January!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1771467)   #154
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woohoo mini is being repaired even though idio boy in the Van had no insurance, means i am taking the hit for it, but at least it is being repaired, might still make it with the mini for January.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1771586)   #155
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just got back from OP, and what a day!!!!

Fantastic drying conditions in the morning meant that we could really go for it, with the occasional wet patch (fnarr) to keep us on our toes. The weather then broke in the afternoon, but did not stop the braver souls from tackling the circuit with gusto.

Fabulous array of machinery available for pax rides - especially the Ford Falcon Also got a pax ride with a two-time Le Mans class winner (thanks, Mike!)

Must say a huge thanks to all that were there to organise the day, and of course massive thanks to Jonathan Palmer for the very generous gift, and to Stephen for doing all the legwork of the behind-the-scenes organising!

Can't wait 'till next year now!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1771606)   #156
Kermit Power
Rookie

England
Epsom
Kermit Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke
woohoo mini is being repaired even though idio boy in the Van had no insurance, means i am taking the hit for it, but at least it is being repaired, might still make it with the mini for January.
Won't your insurance company sue the driver of the van? Just because he doesn't have insurance, it doesn't mean he's not liable for the damage to your car!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1771637)   #157
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be a complete new thread for this so i will digress momentarily then back to topic, Basically they will try and sue him, end up taking him to court he will plead poverty and end up paying £5 month. The police couldn't give a rats poopa claiming "no one was hurt" i asked if that meant that he had to mow down some poor little girl and maim her for life bound to a wheelchair costing the government money to look after her as he has no insurance. I was told "it isn't like that" to whichi i could only reply "I gaurentee had I twatted him for ramming me, i would have been arrested. Surely a crime is a crime. especially when you have his name, address, Reg plate." to which the reply was nothing will happen. So basically Hampshire police don't care if you are not insured. But sadly this is not new news and not worth writing to anyone about as there are now estimated to be 1,000,000 drivers with no insurance on the roads costing us law abiding citizens and extra £30 to £50 a year.
Anyway hopefully i will have most of the mini sorted ready for the Track Day.
p.s I wish i had lumped him now, not like he would have called the police knowing he had no insurance. It wouldn't have helped but would have at least caused him some dis-comfort too

Last edited by danccooke; 21 Nov 2006 at 18:52.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1771867)   #158
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan,
Perhaps we should have a new thread.
Police in Sheffield have powers to confiscate and, unless the owner comes up with new insurance on top of the penalty fine, plus £100/day "storage fee", they crush the car. This was featured on a recent TV prog in "police action camera flash etc." style about the Yorkshire police, which showed several instances of them taking great delight in calling the transporter and taking the vehicle away, telling the owner to walk home.
I note that this included in 'new legislation' see:http://www.gnn.gov.uk/environment/fu...partment=False so maybe the Sheffiled effort was a trial, as it were.
When the plod are given powers in this way, they will use them, with relish as you would. When, as you say, the perp can go to court, plead poverty and get away with a trifling penalty, can you be surprised at their lack of enthusiasm?

John
Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1771883)   #159
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PS
Grabbing the steering wheel and dragging this thread back on track, I am informed by Stephen Green that letters of thanks to Jonathan palmer should be addressed to jp@palmersport.com

I hope he gets a sackful.

John
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1772431)   #160
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD
PS
Grabbing the steering wheel and dragging this thread back on track, I am informed by Stephen Green that letters of thanks to Jonathan palmer should be addressed to jp@palmersport.com

I hope he gets a sackful.

John
Just sent a thank you email to J.P.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1772471)   #161
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Thanks, JohnD - I'll post a note to JP tomorrow.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1772489)   #162
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers guys. I've just got back from Dubai so it is good to hear you all had such a good time, and will be writing to JP to say thanks.

Just to clear up a few things, it is important you e-mail me with any requests to join the track days as that is the only way your name gets added to the list. When I sent the final instructions out before I left for Dubai, I had 4 messages returned with unknown e-mail addresses. This means that you don't receive the instructions and I have more work to do trying to chase up the correct address. In this case I didn't have time as I left the closing date to the day I flew out.

There are likely to be changes to the way you register for future track days, probably meaning you will be asked to register with MSV direct via a special link on their website. Nothing has been finalised on that side yet so don't start e-mailing me for details. As soon as I have the information, I will forward it to you by e-mail.

It would be a great help to me if you didn't leave it until the last minute before registering your interest. I know in some cases that can't be helped and I understand that, but I have to produce a list of names to MSV a good 1-2 weeks before the event and it's a pain in the proverbial when I have to send updates on a daily (sometimes more than once) basis.

Your help would be greatly appreciated folks...

I'm off to bed now, I've been up since 00.30 this morning.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1772607)   #163
JohnD
Veteran

We've cheered JP, now how about one, or three, for Stephen!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Thanks, Stephen, it must be a lot of work.

John
Old 23 Nov 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1772697)   #164
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPerkins
Must say a huge thanks to all that were there to organise the day, and of course massive thanks to Jonathan Palmer for the very generous gift, and to Stephen for doing all the legwork of the behind-the-scenes organising!

Can't wait 'till next year now!
I would like to echo Paul thanks, had a great day at Oulton Park. I will send Jonathan Palmer an email as well thanking him and his staff for making it a memorable day.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the Racing Drivers who kindly took us out in their cars. Thank you very much guys it was very much appreciated.

Highlight of the day for me was Mike Newtons taking me out in his Ford Falcon. Jesus that car is bloody fast especially in Mike's hands. Thank you very much for that Mike I enjoyed every second of it
Old 23 Nov 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1773432)   #165
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
Just sent a thank you email to J.P.
Had an email back off J.P. today thanking the marshals for all the work that we did during the year.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1775804)   #166
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Yay! Now signed up for the Cadwell day!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1775937)   #167
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and ive signed uop for snetterton yay twice lol
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1775961)   #168
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If we don't get a LARGE influx of people for Snetterton it may be cancelled!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1776251)   #169
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh poo
Old 29 Nov 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1777607)   #170
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Brands Track Day date change:

Due to important works that need to be carried out at Brands Hatch on 16th January 2007, our track day has been moved back 1 week to 23rd January 2007.

I will shortly be contacting everyone who has expressed an interest to inform them of the date change, but would all ten-tenths readers please alter their diaries.

It is likely that we will have a new system of registering for the Brands Hatch track day. I am currently talking to MSV about them providing a special link to their website, where you will be able to register for the track day. Final details have yet to be agreed but there will almost certainly be a box on the registration form where you will be asked to enter your MSA licence number.

For those of you who do not have a MSA licence, don't fret, you will still be able to attend, but will probably need to register your interest through myself in the existing way.

More details will be posted as soon as possible.

MSV apologise for the date change, but it was unavoidable given the work that needs to be done.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1779987)   #171
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen Swallow
Stephen could you put me down for the track day at Cadwell Park Please.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1780029)   #172
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Steve, can you e-mail me at the usual address please then I can add you to the list.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1782001)   #173
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
If we don't get a LARGE influx of people for Snetterton it may be cancelled!
Stephen, Is the date still the 20th Dec as it has always been stated that it was a provisional date and likely to change due to other circuit pressures?

Terry
Old 4 Dec 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1782014)   #174
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes it is the 20th December and at the moment I only have 8 names on the list. I have spoken to MSV today with regard to the possibility of cancelling the day and am waiting their reply.

As soon as I know I will let the 8 people know.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1782043)   #175
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Yes it is the 20th December and at the moment I only have 8 names on the list. I have spoken to MSV today with regard to the possibility of cancelling the day and am waiting their reply.

As soon as I know I will let the 8 people know.
It was stated at one point about a month or so ago to me by the circuit staff that it might be moved to a date in January due to other factors - could that still be a possibility as I guess the biggest problem most people are having is getting time off work so close to the Christmas hols and business shutdowns etc combined with the ongoing uncertainty there has been with this date.

I am positive that it not because people do not appreciate Mr. Palmer's generous offer of the track day, which I know many of us really enjoyed last year. (Even if my wife didn't when she saw how much of her new tyres I had worn out!!- not daft wouldn't use my own car).

Terry

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 4 Dec 2006 at 22:56.