Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4099397)   #1826
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Another week of unsurprising confirmations.

Chilton in at EXCELR8 - no information on any pairings for team entries.
Team BMW's pairing confirmed as Jelley and Turkington.
Still a small JST field.
Any engine news for the Hyundai?
Old 19 Feb 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4099422)   #1827
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must mean Addison in at Speedworks:

https://twitter.com/addison_djra/sta...5KU8UnbLw&s=19

Old 19 Feb 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4099436)   #1828
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Must mean Addison in at Speedworks:

https://twitter.com/addison_djra/sta...5KU8UnbLw&s=19

In one of their new Mazdas
Old 20 Feb 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4099497)   #1829
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am quite glad Speedworks have continued with the Toyota, although I wonder if it can be as competitive as it has been
Old 20 Feb 2022, 11:37 (Ref:4099502)   #1830
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am quite glad Speedworks have continued with the Toyota, although I wonder if it can be as competitive as it has been
Hopefully they announce everything soon! Keeping us waiting
Old 20 Feb 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4099505)   #1831
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, they have been quite quiet tbh and Idk why. I was hoping they would have announced something in January. Maybe they’ve got a bit of star quality to announce?
Old 20 Feb 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4099513)   #1832
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Yes, they have been quite quiet tbh and Idk why. I was hoping they would have announced something in January. Maybe they’ve got a bit of star quality to announce?
That might be why they are holding it off
Old 20 Feb 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4099514)   #1833
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
That might be why they are holding it off
Or it is just normal for Speedworks?

In 2021, they announced their first driver 8 weeks before the scheduled start of the season. In 2022, the scheduled start is 10 weeks away......
Old 20 Feb 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4099520)   #1834
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bert-...508041216-c343

Bert Taylor racing and their driver Chris Smiley mentioned in this post. I’ve not a clue in what car and team this might all be based/hosted or a standalone outfit.
Old 20 Feb 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4099525)   #1835
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^

they don't have enough money
Old 20 Feb 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4099529)   #1836
Ant25
Racer

There’s a private event at brands from the 23-25 could this be related to touring cars or something completely different?
Old 20 Feb 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4099534)   #1837
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
There’s a private event at brands from the 23-25 could this be related to touring cars or something completely different?
https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=t...022/220850.pdf
Old 20 Feb 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4099535)   #1838
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bert-...508041216-c343

Bert Taylor racing and their driver Chris Smiley mentioned in this post. I’ve not a clue in what car and team this might all be based/hosted or a standalone outfit.
Assuming Smiley is back in BTCC, I'm intrigued to see where he'll end up. AFAIK Bert's latest reincarnation of a team never really got off the ground, thought for a second he could be in the fourth BTC Honda but that would just be silly Surely he'll still be at Excelr8 just now with Bert hanging on?
Old 20 Feb 2022, 19:51 (Ref:4099536)   #1839
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Assuming Smiley is back in BTCC, I'm intrigued to see where he'll end up. AFAIK Bert's latest reincarnation of a team never really got off the ground, thought for a second he could be in the fourth BTC Honda but that would just be silly Surely he'll still be at Excelr8 just now with Bert hanging on?
If BTC aren't having a fourth Honda would they have since sold or loaned the TBL? To Bert? Presumably he has a good connection with the team!
Old 20 Feb 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4099537)   #1840
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
If BTC aren't having a fourth Honda would they have since sold or loaned the TBL? To Bert? Presumably he has a good connection with the team!
Never thought of that, is their 4th car really that much in doubt? I was under the impression that Bert's split from Dudman was particularly acrimonious
Old 20 Feb 2022, 20:04 (Ref:4099539)   #1841
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Never thought of that, is their 4th car really that much in doubt? I was under the impression that Bert's split from Dudman was particularly acrimonious
Only from Autosport saying they had the 4th Civic build cancelled, and hinting Cook, Proctor and Edwards would be their drivers this year. And (apparently!) the failed bid for an Infiniti suggests car 4 isn't exactly a stable proposition. My thought was, if suddenly this new opportunity has arisen, that could be a space on the grid that's become available.

I'm sure I'm way off the mark as usual! And not sure what car would be available to run this late in the game.

Also thank you, I learnt a new word today
Old 20 Feb 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4099548)   #1842
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Only from Autosport saying they had the 4th Civic build cancelled, and hinting Cook, Proctor and Edwards would be their drivers this year. And (apparently!) the failed bid for an Infiniti suggests car 4 isn't exactly a stable proposition. My thought was, if suddenly this new opportunity has arisen, that could be a space on the grid that's become available.

I'm sure I'm way off the mark as usual! And not sure what car would be available to run this late in the game.

Gotcha, I wasn't aware of a build being cancelled.

And you're welcome, I did just have to Google it to make sure it was the word I thought it was. I hate it when people use big words they don't understand just to sound more photosynthesis.
Old 20 Feb 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4099550)   #1843
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Now bear with me on this. I believe Dynamic’s have built 2 new Civic’s for themselves, so if they run those two plus one from last year, that does leave one spare. Maybe that’s heading to BTC or to Bert?

Last edited by Steel Wheels; 20 Feb 2022 at 22:12.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 00:15 (Ref:4099564)   #1844
S griffin
Veteran

I’m not so sure. I think there is a high chance we will see 3 Dynamics Hondas. Why should they gibe a seat to BTC?
Old 21 Feb 2022, 05:52 (Ref:4099580)   #1845
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
I’m not so sure. I think there is a high chance we will see 3 Dynamics Hondas. Why should they gibe a seat to BTC?
That's not what SW was saying. If Dynamics are building 2 new cars, that would mean they have 4 cars, and 3 drivers. Which means they have a spare car which could be sold to BTC or Bert.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 07:47 (Ref:4099583)   #1846
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
WSR were testing at Brands Hatch this week. I think even the team was surprised with which driver was fastest.
Someone's local track in greasy conditions, I'm less surprised
Old 21 Feb 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4099585)   #1847
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's not what SW was saying. If Dynamics are building 2 new cars, that would mean they have 4 cars, and 3 drivers. Which means they have a spare car which could be sold to BTC or Bert.
Yep exactly! Just because Dynamics said the new build was cancelled doesn’t mean BTC won’t run a 4th car. It was rumoured a while back that two of the BTC cars would be branded differently from the other two.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4099586)   #1848
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Now bear with me on this. I believe Dynamic’s have built 2 new Civic’s for themselves, so if they run those two plus one from last year, that does leave one spare. Maybe that’s heading to BTC or to Bert?
Just speculating here. Were they originally intending to build 2 new cars for themselves, or was one started to sell to BTC before they cancelled the order? TD already had a spare car from a couple of years ago so if they were expanding to 3 entries then it would make sense to buy a new spare, and easier to do so if they were already building a customer car at the same time.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4099587)   #1849
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember that Dynamics already had 3 cars (well at least 2 cars plus a shell) - they were planning on 3 cars for 2021. If they are building 2 new cars is that to replace the 2 existing cars and complete the shell - leaving 2 used cars to sell (or keep as a spare)?

EDIT:
Dynamics have NGTC-18-001 & 002, with 006 being the shell originally built in 2020, then looked to race with in 2021
BTC have NGTC-18-003, 004 & 005 currently
Old 21 Feb 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4099592)   #1850
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
IMO, the discussion point here is not about how many cars TD have / have not built - but the cancellation of the ordered build by BTC.

'Meanwhile, the other Honda team BTC Racing has cancelled its order for a brand-new Civic to be built by Dynamics after acquiring a fourth TBL for the 2022 season.'

There are a range of speculations resulting from TD making this information public, including:

BTC's funding has reduced, and they are reducing their entry to 3 cars.
BTC's funding has reduced, and they are planning to run 'older' FK8s.
BTC have decided to run a different make/model for their 4th TBL.
BTC have sold/loaned their 4th TBL to another team.

In terms of this thread - it opens up the amount of speculation we can make regarding the 4th BTC TBL. So for starters, here's one:

Plato has brokered a deal to drive a brand new FK8. With TD already allocating their two new builds to Rowbo and Flash, the BTC TBL looked like the most viable option. An agreement has been reached for this to be loaned to TD for the season, with Plato in the car.
Many want to see Plato vs Neal in identical machinery - so when Neal talks about the third drive being up for grabs, that is TD working internally to see if a 4th new build is achievable in time for the start of the season.
If everything aligns - we will have the following 4-car entry on the grid from TD:
Halfords Cataclean - Rowbo and Flash - 2x new FK8
Adrian Flux sub-brand - Plato and Neal - 2x new FK8