Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3592198)   #176
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3592200)   #177
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile, SMP get another world title. Hope to see them back again in LMP2 next year with their BR01s
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3592201)   #178
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
So, Webber finally wins a championship
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3592202)   #179
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Porsche Webber Timo and Hartley. Well deserved champions.
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3592203)   #180
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
So, Webber finally wins a championship
The #18 broke enough over the course of the season, indeed
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3592205)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
All over but a great race, congratulations to just about everyone, what a way to show that Endurance racing can hold your attention for 6 hours and every minute be as exciting as a whole F1 race
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3592206)   #182
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Not bad for a number two driver!

The other two drivers, engineers, pit crew, mechanics, strategists, all did well too
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3592207)   #183
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Congrats to Porsche Webber Timo and Hartley. Well deserved champions.
I 2nd that. Glad they overcame the issues.
No heart break to deal with for a change.
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:11 (Ref:3592208)   #184
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
The #18 broke enough over the course of the season, indeed
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3592212)   #185
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many hours did Lotterer spend in the car today?
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:35 (Ref:3592213)   #186
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Endurance! It was today.

Well done #17 Chamipionies!
Old 21 Nov 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3592221)   #187
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Porsche did the trio, LM, WEC constructors and driver champs. Wurz got a podium in his last race. Good race overall, cant wait for next season.
Old 21 Nov 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3592242)   #188
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This race was exciting, because RLM and Twitter told me so. Otherwise it was boring and awful.

There couldn't have been 2000 people in attendance. Congrats to the guy who was an average F1 driver winning the WEC championship.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:23 (Ref:3592286)   #189
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Genuinely enjoyed watching this one. It was the first time in the season since the opening stages of Le Mans where I had no idea how it would turn out. Porsche deserved everything they accomplished this year, and I'm glad they pulled the driver's championship without "parking" the 18 as was mentioned as a possibility early on.

Looking forward to Audi's program, the new Toyota, Ford, Ferrari...Roll on 2016!
Old 22 Nov 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3592300)   #190
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
All over but a great race, congratulations to just about everyone, what a way to show that Endurance racing can hold your attention for 6 hours and every minute be as exciting as a whole F1 race
Ever wonder why Bernie is nervous? This makes F1 look like a Formula Ford race at Brands Hatch.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 22 Nov 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3592343)   #191
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was an exciting race. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3592349)   #192
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And meanwhile at the post-race rookie test...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUZ1AsEXIAAUz9n.jpg:large
Old 22 Nov 2015, 09:40 (Ref:3592362)   #193
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM is good but I fear some of these GP2 guys might find some place to crash the cars, eventhough that is a very hard thing to do so at this track

It would be nice if the lap times are made public today
Old 22 Nov 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3592364)   #194
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
JPM is good but I fear some of these GP2 guys might find some place to crash the cars, eventhough that is a very hard thing to do so at this track
Sam Bird and Mitch Evans at least have LMP experience and class wins in LMP2 this year. Let's not be so dismissive of them straight from the start.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3592385)   #195
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Meanwhile, SMP get another world title. Hope to see them back again in LMP2 next year with their BR01s
It's not a world title, just Endurance Trophy. Only LMP1(-H) wins world titles. And the GTE SMP is AF Corse in disguise. The P2 is a more genuine though, despite the title of the team

Anyway. The Montoya test seemed to get more press attention than Webber and gang winning the title... figures

Congrats to Porsche regardless. And Toyota for the podium. Shame on non hybrid showing again...
Old 22 Nov 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3592413)   #196
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Anyway. The Montoya test seemed to get more press attention than Webber and gang winning the title... figures
Why do you say so, is the likes of autosport giving it more attention?

Wouldn't surprise me, though. Endurance is majorly for hardcore fans while Montoya is a popular driver that's known and cherrished by lot's of more mainstream fans
Old 22 Nov 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3592416)   #197
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes the mainstream racing media. Of course Davidson and Buemi got buried quick last year too despite being F1 drivers (and the Audi guys even quicker oreviously), but you might have expected bit more from Webber. Oh well maybe it still picks up a little.

I still don't see the points in having drivers championship, just have it for makes and teams like ILMC. Le Mans success overtakes drivers champ success anyday anyway. Plus when the drivers aren't getting trophies it makes gentleman drivers considering where their priorities lay.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3592435)   #198
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have added the first statistics in our Race Report from Bahrein (more to follow).
Feel free to take a look:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2015/wec/bah/bahr.html

Old 22 Nov 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3592439)   #199
Artur
Veteran

I don't know how often WEC gets mentioned by the NBCSN but JPM's test got it's space there:
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...t-debut-video/

Quote:
“If you think about the technology and how far advanced it is this is ahead of Formula One right now" said JPM
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...r-montoya.html

Uncle Bernard will not be very happy to hear that...

Quote:
“First impression is that the car is amazing,” said Montoya. “It’s a helluva toy – that’s the best way to describe it. I’ve driven all kinds of cars and it’s a lot of fun.
“It’s got a lot of power, it’s really, really stable and it’s actually really easy to overdrive. It’s so predictable that it invites you to hustle the hell out of it.
“It’s shocking because it’s so good. It’s actually in a way easy, but because it’s easy, it’s easy to go over it [the limit].
“The car has a lot of understeer in it. I understood in the simulator everything that I had to do with the hybrid system, and it’s OK. I was shocking when they gave me a 30-page manual on how to drive the car! At Mclaren we had a page of the buttons on the steering wheel, which all had letters. You had to remember which letter did what. “I need to figure out that balance between driving it fast and overdriving the car. It’s a really good track to drive it: long straights, hard braking. I haven’t been here since F1 in 2006 [when he finished fifth for McLaren]. The car is really good, it responds to changes really well.
“For me, today is more about enjoying the car than anything else. The idea is to have fun and drive the hell out of it.”
"To be honest, I'm really happy with IndyCar where I am with the team and everything," he added.

"To go to Le Mans, we haven't even talked about it. I think a lot of people assumed that because I was doing the test we'd do Le Mans. But there's not even talk of it right now.

"At some point I think it would be cool to do. I've raced everything. For a guy that's done everything I think it would be a cool experience. But if you want to win Le Mans you have to be in a car like this.

"I'm not really interested in doing Le Mans in a GT or small car. Not really. There's really no ambition for me there at all.

"With this, I think it would be cool to have the whole experience and be in the fast cars.

"But at this point today, I would be lying to you if I told you I had any idea [when I could race at Le Mans]."

Montoya, however, wouldn't rule out a switch to WEC racing full-time, should an opportunity present itself in the future once his IndyCar career is over.

"I don't know, if they wanted me maybe," he said. "It's one thing that you want and another thing that you have.

"You ask anybody what they want to be doing and 90 percent would say Formula One and the other 10 percent would say [WEC].

"I'm really happy in IndyCar right now but at some point if this would be available in the future, it's something you could look at."

For now, it's clear Montoya said he's focused on doing what he enjoys the most, in whatever car that may be.

"If I didn't have ambition, I wouldn't be driving," he added. "At this point in my career, I do it because I love it.

"I don't need to be racing. I just love racing and I like to win and I want to beat the hell out of everybody. It's simple."
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/m...-its-shocking/
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...bahrain-112215
Old 22 Nov 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3592450)   #200
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I don't know how often WEC gets mentioned by the NBCSN but JPM's test got it's space there:
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...t-debut-video/

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...r-montoya.html

Uncle Bernard will not be very happy to hear that...
I think Uncle Bernard is busy trying to move F1 back to the dark ages with his basic low cost engines so near of him worrying about the WEC being more advanced.