Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3895988)   #176
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Disgusted to see Neal carry on around the track with collapsed rear suspension but Sutton gets pulled for a bit of loose bodywork.

I hope Neal gets penalised for carrying on with a car in a dangerous condition.
It was the last lap, what they are going to do, wave the black and orange flag and tell him to come into the pits on the warm down lap.....?

Sound like a bit of a Neal hater to be honest, I think every driver would have tried to finish if a top 10 was on offer on the last lap with a damaged car.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3895989)   #177
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jelley is actually 3rd in the standings...

Turkington outsoide the top 10 but that will quickly change

will be interesting to see the new 3 series at Thruxton
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3895992)   #178
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Disgusted to see Neal carry on around the track with collapsed rear suspension but Sutton gets pulled for a bit of loose bodywork.

lol.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3895993)   #179
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
It was the last lap, what they are going to do, wave the black and orange flag and tell him to come into the pits on the warm down lap.....?

Sound like a bit of a Neal hater to be honest, I think every driver would have tried to finish if a top 10 was on offer on the last lap with a damaged car.
He passed the pit entrance when he knew he had a serious problem, he should of pitted.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3895994)   #180
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He passed the pit entrance when he knew he had a serious problem, he should of pitted.
So should've Sutton, but he continued on for several laps until he was flagged.

Come on man, lol.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3895996)   #181
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe any driver would have pitted under those circumstances.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3895997)   #182
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I'm no fan of Matt Neal, quite the opposite, but nothing wrong with what he did there.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3895998)   #183
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal's complaining about Chilton's move on him. Hypocrite.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3895999)   #184
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Calm down. It was the last lap. Neal was quite within his rights to carry on, and didn't do anything wrong.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3896001)   #185
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
We all knew that was coming though. They're all the same, Neal, Plato, Jordan etc. etc. They all throw moves up the inside but ***** like crazy when it happens to them.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3896006)   #186
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
If i am not wrong, that would be Tom Ingram in 2017 in new Avensis.

Before that it was Shedden in 2015 with new Civic
The Avensis was not a new car - it was a new build of a proven design. Don't think I mafe my question clear, sorry about that! Probably right about Sheds, much more recent than I thought... but long enough ago I can't remember! Who won R1 today?

Last edited by Alfisti; 7 Apr 2019 at 17:44.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3896007)   #187
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I actually had some respect for Matt dragging the car back to the flag. Although the rational side of my head thinks he endangered safety so should have stopped. To moan about Tom, who "did a Matt Neal" he's lost any respect I had for him. Unlike Matt has in the past, Tom didn't cripple the car he bumped.

Last edited by Alfisti; 7 Apr 2019 at 17:53.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3896008)   #188
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If you are talking about new chassis rather than new model, then you need to go all the way back to today's first race. Josh Cook's Civic is a brand new car.
I was meaning new model but didn't make it clear. Certainly right on the Cookie front on that basis.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3896009)   #189
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
By the way, for those that may have missed it, David Allison mentioned during Race 2 that the Dynamics cars have been permitted by KwikFit to display Dunlop plates on their cars given the obvious conflict with their own sponsor, Halfords.
Yeah, I heard that... kudos on KwikFit

Neither are getting my business at their prices mind. I've got way too much Yorkshire in me!

Last edited by Alfisti; 7 Apr 2019 at 17:53.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3896010)   #190
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:

Have to agree wholeheartedly. That wheel/ hub could have broken away and seriously injured someone. Should have stopped out on track.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3896011)   #191
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I was meaning new model but didn't make it clear. Certainly right on the Cookie front on that basis.
Civic FK2 and MG6 both won on their first weekend in 2012. I don't think there have been any other examples during the NGTC era.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3896014)   #192
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You've got to wonder if Speedworks have taken a step back by going to a hatchback. Corolla sedan may have been a better option? Or is the non Toyota engine hindering them more than the bodyshape?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3896016)   #193
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just back from brands, ruddy good time as always, on topic of being asked to pit for loose bodywork then the silly way a certain person dragged his rear bumper around for many laps was unforgivable and although i did not see it fall off the car eventually passed by us at druids with no rear bumper closely followed by an MG with something wedged under it.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3896019)   #194
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
You've got to wonder if Speedworks have taken a step back by going to a hatchback. Corolla sedan may have been a better option? Or is the non Toyota engine hindering them more than the bodyshape?
To be fair, all NGTC championships have been won in a hatchback shape, plus Sutton in the Subaru which generally struggles with straight line speed.

Maybe over the course of the whole season a hatch is better, but I think the BMWs will dominate Donington.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3896022)   #195
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Missed races 1 and 2 today but caught 3. Looks like another really good, unpredictable season. With the wet / dry jumbled grids I think it's difficult to judge pace at this point though!

Audi looks much quicker than ever before, and good to finally see AmD getting podiums (though feel really sorry for Tordoff..!)

Chilton looks like he'll be in the running again, shame the other Focii drivers aren't quite there yet.

Solid enough start for Ingram; 3-series looked like the quickest car out there to me.

PMR were disappointing, both drivers nowhere (not wanting to start a Plato debate again but honestly I'm not surprised!)

Excelr8's cars look really good, but as predicted they were really struggling today.

For HARD, Boardley was very disappointing, nice to see Crees pick up points though was more down to tires, and Thompson not too far off Goff.

Good to see the Mercs up there today after a woeful qualifying; impressed with Jelley too (must have already quadrupled his points from his last couple years!)

BTC I think will be a dark horse, both Cook and Smiley seemed really quick today - more so than Dynamics! Come a long way from the old Cruzes a couple years back!

Nice not to see a safety car, too!

12 different teams and 10 different models / gens in the top 12!
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3896024)   #196
Evantra
Veteran

England
Penalty for Chilton, Butcher gets the win!?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3896025)   #197
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope not a wind up but a mate just text to say Chilton been given a penalty and Butcher takes the race 3 win
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3896027)   #198
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disgraceful, how many times has neal got away with worse behaviour...
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3896028)   #199
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

so congrats to AMD and Butcher for losing their BTCC win virginity !!

the Honda investment already paid off
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3896029)   #200
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton had crossed the line first to secure honours in his Motorbase-run Ford Focus but was then deemed to be at fault for an incident involving Matt Neal as the pair diced for the lead of the race, with contact at Clearways as Chilton made his move for position.
Having looked into the incident, Chilton was hit with a five second time penalty, which drops him down to second place in the results behind Butcher.
Butcher had secured his personal best result with second place, which also matched the best result to date for the Cobra Sport AmD team.
The amended result means a first victory for both team and driver as a result.