Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Feb 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1849682)   #176
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously someone fishing and got a lot bites. wonder if the catches were of legal size, or did they throw them back into the bay.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1849683)   #177
pink_bits
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
pink_bits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohhh common this is one of the most ridiculous rumours. Steve will be driving for Autobarn this year. He doesnt even know what he will be doing tomorrow let along what the hell he will do in 08. He could end up anywhere....
I am sure he will get some good offers! But settle all,m just wait and see what happens.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1849773)   #178
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now Skaife not in a HRT car that would make me laugh.

one thing though is look for SCA at Tasman in 2008, as the only reason they didn't follow Murph to Tasman this year was it would of cost them to much to get out of their contract with PWR, and don't worry about the Firepower deal getting in the way as that deal is a multi-year support deal. this rumour came to me late last year when Murph signed with Tasman and SCA confirmed they wern't going with him and it is still coming through to me. hopefully this dosn't sound as strange as Skaife to Perkins and Owen to HRT but it probably does.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1849810)   #179
Pudlea
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Pudlea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan

one thing though is look for SCA at Tasman in 2008, as the only reason they didn't follow Murph to Tasman this year was it would of cost them to much to get out of their contract with PWR, and don't worry about the Firepower deal getting in the way as that deal is a multi-year support deal. this rumour came to me late last year when Murph signed with Tasman and SCA confirmed they wern't going with him and it is still coming through to me. hopefully this dosn't sound as strange as Skaife to Perkins and Owen to HRT but it probably does.
I think you are dead on the money there pwr fan, back to the factual stuff instead of these dreams people put on forums.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1849827)   #180
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think what this whole saga proves is tha Mr Kershler was right to keep pushing the wheelbarrow... at great professional risk as well...

I am concerned this article seems to exonerate the HSVDT mob, while implying that the HRT mob was still guilty until proven innocent.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1849828)   #181
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan

PWR with the keen-ness and support you have with Holden dont even dabble in this trivia, puhlease ! Your only adding rubbish to crud !
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1849841)   #182
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I think what this whole saga proves is tha Mr Kershler was right to keep pushing the wheelbarrow... at great professional risk as well...

I am concerned this article seems to exonerate the HSVDT mob, while implying that the HRT mob was still guilty until proven innocent.
GTR stop reading into it..ok
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1849871)   #183
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife would have to reduce his salary by 90% to drive for Larry, wouldn't he?

Don't see it ever happening, even if the Perkins cars are considered real title contenders.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1850192)   #184
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the question is how much more would JD throw in if they had a brand name like Skaife and not a couple of newbies.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 04:05 (Ref:1850290)   #185
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES/NO

Have HRT been cleared to race at Clipsal?!?!?!?

I ask again, YES/NO
Old 24 Feb 2007, 04:47 (Ref:1850299)   #186
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Still up in the ether Archer, still waiting.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Feb 2007, 06:40 (Ref:1850315)   #187
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on thin ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
I guess the question is how much more would JD throw in if they had a brand name like Skaife and not a couple of newbies.
Are you suggesting:
1.sponsorship dollars went down when Richo left
2. Larry pulled a swifty? If so, it will be a short term relationship.
3. you are just having a little fun?

The latter is my guess.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1850545)   #188
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate politics. This ownership BS has nothing to do with motor-racing - the fans go to the circuits to watch the best teams perform. Banning HRT/HSV is doing the sport no favours whatsoever.

If push comes to shove, I'm sure that the HRT/HSV sponsors would have some good lawyers... and if Walkinshaw chooses to take the matter to the courts I'm stating the bleeding obvious that the political situation is not going to get better.

Let's move on for chrissake.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1850773)   #189
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The business

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
I hate politics. This ownership BS has nothing to do with motor-racing - the fans go to the circuits to watch the best teams perform. Banning HRT/HSV is doing the sport no favours whatsoever.

If push comes to shove, I'm sure that the HRT/HSV sponsors would have some good lawyers... and if Walkinshaw chooses to take the matter to the courts I'm stating the bleeding obvious that the political situation is not going to get better.

Let's move on for chrissake.
The business that is motor sport interests me - attending the circuit, the racing is but a part of that business. It may not interest you ..baby, but the ownership issue is relevant.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1850778)   #190
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Still reckon it is a HUGE PR build up, by TEGA,VE$A
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Feb 2007, 23:36 (Ref:1850796)   #191
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby

HRT was 7th in the teams championship last season, not sure if that qualifies them as one of the best teams!

(Yes, I am stirring, and No, it's not a good trait!)
Old 24 Feb 2007, 23:57 (Ref:1850812)   #192
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Still reckon it is a HUGE PR build up, by TEGA,VE$A
I'm sure they could find more positive things to crow about if that were the case... if not, then what of the State of the Union?