Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3633276)   #176
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Turbo problems for both Toyotas. Ugh.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3633277)   #177
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really sorry for the Toyota fans but:
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...99045852033025
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...99208960086016

but I don't know what they mean with this one about Rebellion:
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...99902307938304
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3633279)   #178
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Toyota has some problems, a number of times on Friday both cars ended up going past at a crawl.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3633280)   #179
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Looks like the Audis have this one done, both Porsches not able to improve on their D1 times so far.

Di Grassi 52.9, if he can improve the #8 can still jump the #7 for pole.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3633281)   #180
Artur
Veteran

Well, I guess Audi showed Porsche how much more downforce they have....

Going by the LMGT times, it seems Dunlop wet weather tires are pretty bad, btw.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3633282)   #181
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Going by the LMGT times, it seems Dunlop wet weather tires are pretty bad, btw.
They definitely need more work, the Astons haven't had them on for very long compared to all the data Michelin have.

I'd back Porsche to be stronger in the dry but it looks like Audi have a car that is good in the wet.

Those Porsche faces are not pleased...
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3633283)   #182
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did not expect that. Great laps by Audi. Where was Toyota?
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:51 (Ref:3633285)   #183
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
So it seems that Motors TV are going to broadcast the whole race live? Can anyone confirm that?
Yes, the whole race, in all available languages at MotorsTV.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:55 (Ref:3633288)   #184
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Did not expect that. Great laps by Audi. Where was Toyota?
Maybe Toyota still has work with their new hybrid system under rain conditions but I suspect them to focus on Le Mans. Audi worked on their high downforce configuration.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3633289)   #185
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Those Porsche faces are not pleased...
..and rightly so. It was a p1ss poor performance from them.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:59 (Ref:3633290)   #186
Artur
Veteran

I must say that, so far, Derani proved me wrong. Mind you, I never said he was a bad driver. I said that, on WEC, the competition would be tougher so that I didn't think he would shine as much as on WeatherTech.....

It was just one wet QLF but the guy was the best Ligier out there, so congrats to him
Old 16 Apr 2016, 11:59 (Ref:3633291)   #187
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Quite a difference in quality between the App and webpage.
I noticed that having watched the first minutes of GTLM quali on the app before switching to my laptop. The app seemed to be consistently of poorer quality then the web version which switched from SD to HD throughtout the session but only happened a couple of times. Experienced some jerkiness on the web version compared to the app which saw no issues like that at all.

Congrats to Audi.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3633294)   #188
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I must say that, so far, Derani proved me wrong. Mind you, I never said he was a bad driver. I said that, on WEC, the competition would be tougher so that I didn't think he would shine as much as on WeatherTech.....

It was just one wet QLF but the guy was the best Ligier out there, so congrats to him
Second only to s factory Audi driver in a Jota too. Impressive.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3633298)   #189
Artur
Veteran

Our beloved Dempsey is gonna wave the green flag

I hope for you guys, who will watch the race tomorrow, that this Toyota's turbo problem was just a temporary and fixable issue because if it's more than that, then they will be non entities in this race that so many people was looking forward too
Old 16 Apr 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3633301)   #190
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I hope for you guys, who will watch the race tomorrow,

Thanks.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3633302)   #191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be fun tomorrow to see how the racing plays out now try all have similar battery hybrids. Getting he power down will be key and that initial acceleration will be something to behold.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3633350)   #192
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Didn't watch qualifying. Poor performance by Toyota. At least they are learning the new car and it's issues. Hope the race is another story. But the weather is absurd. The fia should consider moving Silverstone to a later date imo.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3633352)   #193
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the "olden days" they probably would have raced through snow.

Last edited by Deleted; 16 Apr 2016 at 14:19.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3633355)   #194
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Didn't watch qualifying. Poor performance by Toyota. At least they are learning the new car and it's issues. Hope the race is another story. But the weather is absurd. The fia should consider moving Silverstone to a later date imo.
Agreed. I went to Donington in the 00s for BTCC. About 10 touring cars turned up and it snowed. One of the worst racing weekends I've ever attended. Silverstone should be round 2 and in May.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3633365)   #195
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
silverstone was perfect in late august, early september. Unfortunately the only way to push back again the race at that time, would be to add a tenth race in italy or spain in april
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3633370)   #196
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Beat me to it, c_t. I don't think anybody would be too aggrieved with moving Silverstone to late summer, but with such a packed schedule post-LM that spot will be tough to free up. A race would also have to take the season opening slot (Monza or Imola would be nice, or maybe the talk about going to Aragorn could become concrete.)
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3633371)   #197
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
In the "olden days" they probably would have raced through snow.
This isn't wrc, though. Fans don't come out to watch a 6-hr sportscar race to leave with frostbite
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3633372)   #198
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yeah...I remember one absolutely pathetic UK International race back in the day. Conditions were a joke. Won by - what was his name....Rodriguez ?
Old 16 Apr 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3633385)   #199
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, FWIW tomorrows' forecast is at least dry...great performance from Audi of course, but 6 hours is quite a long time. And the boy racer in me warms to the thought that the Fords haven't disgraced themselves.

No ; boots, thick socks, Head Ski jacket, flask of soup and I'm away to Silverstone first thing in the morning !
Old 16 Apr 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3633396)   #200
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#51 AF Corse Ferrari is having an engine change and will receive a 3 minute stop & go penalty.