Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you think SVG be served court papers this weekend, preventing him from competeing?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3414547)   #176
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like a case of bad managerial advice to me.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3414548)   #177
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
The most interesting part was Ross Stone's comments confirming SVG signed a termination with a non-compete clause and this:

Furious at him suddenly joining Tekno, Stones said: “SVG has explained his move on the basis of dissatisfaction with the direction in which SBR was heading. At no time during the termination process did SVG express any such dissatisfaction with SBR.”

So based on this, SVG is in breach of his exit agreement, not necessarily his driving contract.

I admit I laughed when I got to the bit about SVG thinking he's owed an apology. That was genuinely very, very funny.
Typical emotive nonsense based on a one sided comment, from a person with vested interest, in a media item ... with a spin.

The part of real interest in that article is this bit: "The Van Gisbergens have demanded to see the full contract between Erebus and Stones regarding the change of ownership of that operation..."

Rather than being an emotive comment, this is merely a record of fact and suggests what many have suspected since the outset ... that neither SVG nor his management were consulted or aware of the change in direction of SBR or, at the very least, whilst he was being sold as a chattel, the effect on his career and ability to perform was not a consideration.

It remains all speculation, but if this was the case, the breaches committed by SBR would far outweigh any rumoured to have been committed by SVG.

This is a story about a young man who wishes only to ply his trade to the very best of his ability. It's doubtful there's a court in the land which would award against him for doing so. Far more likely in fact that he be the recipient of awards against SBR/Erebus for their wrong doing.

I'd think they'd be getting off very lightly with an apology.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3414549)   #178
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
It remains all speculation, but if this was the case, the breaches committed by SBR would far outweigh any rumoured to have been committed by SVG.
All this would be fine, except Shane said he was depressed and needed to take time off from the sport, and signed a release as such with certain conditions, which had nothing at all to do with any contractual issues he might have had with SBR.

If this was his reasoning, lying to get a release wasn't a smart move.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3414550)   #179
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I'm not qualified to answer that question. I'd presume factors would have to be taken into account, Shane's salary, potential value loss to commercial partners, expense of hiring a replacement, and likely a penalty amount on top to compensate the wronged party.

Given all of the above I wouldn't be surprised if it were a six-figure sum.

I think you missed the point. Am trying to ask what you’re hoping for, what you’d be happy with, what would you’ve got your fingers crossed for rather than what you think will happen….
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3414553)   #180
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
I think you missed the point. Am trying to ask what you’re hoping for, what you’d be happy with, what would you’ve got your fingers crossed for rather than what you think will happen….
Im hoping they never let SVG enter Australia again

We dont need deceitful people like him in our Country
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3414556)   #181
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
Quote:
All this would be fine, except Shane said he was depressed and needed to take time off from the sport, and signed a release as such with certain conditions, which had nothing at all to do with any contractual issues he might have had with SBR.

I haven't watched all of the media on this on this matter but I understand those claims came via Ross Stone (?) to the media and not directly from SVG.
As written in an earlier post, if SBR are shown to be in breach of the original contract, any subsequent agreements would be voided.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3414561)   #182
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
No I didn't miss the point, I ignored it because its particularly irrelevant. Pulling a number out of my arse helps nobody. I don't particularly care, and there are legal principles which will define this.

From a moral standpoint I hate someone lying outright and shirking their legal responsibilities, and I don't want to see anybody else encouraged to do it, which is what will happen if there are no consequences.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3414562)   #183
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Even though it is touted as fact by others including a certain poster who claims access to the contract, ummmm no Ross Stone said that.

Quote:
I haven't watched all of the media on this on this matter but I understand those claims came via Ross Stone (?) to the media and not directly from SVG.
what he said
Old 3 Jun 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3414566)   #184
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Even though it is touted as fact by others including a certain poster who claims access to the contract, ummmm no Ross Stone said that.
thats a total fabrication

Ross Stone has never said he was depressed,

and neither has a certain poster who has had access to the contract
Old 3 Jun 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3414570)   #185
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Anyway I was paraphrasing, I am not quoting anybody.

November 2012:

Quote:
In a statement released by the team this afternoon, van Gisbergen said that he will head to New Zealand to sort his “personal issues,” adding that SBR’s merging with Erebus Motorsport and the team’s switch from Ford to AMG was not the impetus for his departure.

“Today I am announcing that I will be leaving Stone Brothers Racing and the sport of V8 Supercars,” van Gisbergen said.

Contrary to media reports, I do not wish to race for another V8 Supercar team and my decision to leave the sport has in no way been caused by Ross and Jimmy’s decision to switch manufacturers in 2013 or the teams partnership with Erebus Motorsport.

“I am leaving V8 Supercars due to personal reasons which I do not wish to discuss in the public domain. I will be moving back home to New Zealand and have no fixed plans for the future.

“I have enjoyed a five successful years with Stone Brothers Racing and was given as unique opportunity by the team to race V8s at a very young age, which I am very grateful for.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ross, Jimmy, my sponsors and my team for the time and money they invested in me during my V8 career.”
Seems pretty clear to me. I am sure all the lawyers on both sides will pick it all apart but Shane issued no denials as to any of the above at the time and next we heard he had an epic 2013 racing schedule.

I'm not even claiming there was malice in Shane leaving, I believe he was burnt out, he is a young kid. He probably should have sat out 2013 and done all the other stuff he wanted to do, but he didn't, and now the fat cats will get rich over it and someone will end up paying for it. I'm no lawyer but I think the evidence is fairly prejudicial.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 04:35 (Ref:3414579)   #186
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
"In a statement released by the team this afternoon ...."
Old 3 Jun 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3414589)   #187
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't make it untrue. He has made no rebuttals or denials to those comments ascribed to him:

Quote:
“Last year things weren’t going well and I wasn’t comfortable and I wasn’t enjoying myself,” he said.
“I needed to get away, have a think about where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do in life.
“I had a good break over Christmas, and here I am. It’s pretty exciting about what’s going to happen and I’m glad to be here. (Tekno) have given me a great opportunity in great cars. It’s a great opportunity but I’m looking forward to getting into it and getting onto it.”
The news is likely to receive some criticism though, given the hype and publicity surrounding the ‘sabbatical’ that he claimed he was taking from the sport.
Quote:
Shane van Gisbergen says that a six week holiday and some recharged batteries gave him the motivation to backflip on his plan to quit V8 Supercars.
The talented 23-year-old New Zelander announced today that he will drive for Tekno Autosports, steering the #97 VIP Petfoods-backed Commodore VF.

Van Gisbergen’s decision comes eight weeks after he quit the sport for personal reasons, however, some quiet time in his homeland and a solid offer from Tekno made him change his mind.
“Towards the end of last year, I started to lose motivation. The environment wasn’t right and I was struggling to remember why I was racing,” van Gisbergen said in a statement released by Holden Motorsport this evening.
“It wasn’t a great mindset to be in, so I made the decision to take a break.
“I spent six weeks back home and was able to recharge my batteries. I had a good hard think about my career and considered my options.
“As part of that, I decided that if I was going to return, I needed a fresh challenge in a new environment, and this is exactly the opportunity I was looking for.
Now there is going to be correspondence and other stuff the laywers will get into, but as far as I see it, the evidence is laid bare in the public record and to be blunt, is kinda hard to argue with...
Old 3 Jun 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3414631)   #188
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
With direct quotes attributed to him, that he signed off on and fronted the press to confirm.

Really trying to work out what your agenda is here.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3415149)   #189
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With direct quotes attributed to him, that he signed off on and fronted the press to confirm.

The team is not really going to release a statement saying
" shane has decided not to drive for us because he thinks the merc's are useless and would have more chance of winning a race on a pushbike"
are they?

Maybe SVG and the team both agreed to put out a statement that blurred the truth a little,

because as sollitt says, the team released it, not him.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3415163)   #190
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
We dont need deceitful people like him in our Country
This coming from the Convict Colony, Pure Brilliance.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3415487)   #191
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
Quote:
If I have an agenda at all it is simply to add some balance and sense to a debate which has become overrun with a childish tirade of abuse by posters who possess no more knowledge than anyone else on this matter.

One would think that anyone contributing to this message board would wish only that this matter be put to bed and that the racing remain our major focus. That some of you are unable to do this actually tells us more about yourselves than the people you choose to insult.

If I've learnt anything in my near 60 years it is that things are rarely as they seem and seldom as portrayed in the media.
It may be inconclusive who said what, or whose words they were. At the end of the day this is all inconsequential.

What is very apparent is that one of the sport's brightest stars became so disillusioned and disenfranchised by the actions of his team that his only course of action was to exit.
When that occurs, in any business, it is always the fault of management.

Was it simply a failing on the part of SBR, or something more deliberate?
Old 4 Jun 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3415489)   #192
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If

What is very apparent is that one of the sport's brightest stars became so disillusioned and disenfranchised by the actions of his team that his only course of action was to exit.

Sorry, how is that apparent? There is no evidence to suggest this at all. It has not been in any quote or interview

Quote:
Contrary to media reports, I do not wish to race for another V8 Supercar team and my decision to leave the sport has in no way been caused by Ross and Jimmy’s decision to switch manufacturers in 2013 or the teams partnership with Erebus Motorsport.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 02:57 (Ref:3415534)   #193
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I have an agenda at all it is simply to add some balance and sense to a debate which has become overrun with a childish tirade of abuse by posters who possess no more knowledge than anyone else on this matter.

One would think that anyone contributing to this message board would wish only that this matter be put to bed and that the racing remain our major focus. That some of you are unable to do this actually tells us more about yourselves than the people you choose to insult.

If I've learnt anything in my near 60 years it is that things are rarely as they seem and seldom as portrayed in the media.
It may be inconclusive who said what, or whose words they were. At the end of the day this is all inconsequential.

Well said. Pecky is still pushing the hate barrow and the rest of the bush lawyers are trying to out point each other with no true facts or knowledge of any matter concerning the court case.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3415535)   #194
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This has been put in the 'who cares?' file in my brain now.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to lock the thread until there's something actually worth discussing, i.e. the end result if/when it comes to light.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3415540)   #195
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Well said. Pecky is still pushing the hate barrow and the rest of the bush lawyers are trying to out point each other with no true facts or knowledge of any matter concerning the court case.
No hate from me, just disappointment and a feeling of being betrayed.

but Solitt's comment was wrong and misleading and interesting words from someone who is new to the conversation.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:53 (Ref:3415544)   #196
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No hate from me, just disappointment and a feeling of being betrayed.

but Solitt's comment was wrong and misleading and interesting words from someone who is new to the conversation.
Pecky, I think you doth protest too much. You are like a rabid dog with this subject and venom shows through. I wonder what your response will be if the decision is in favour of the driver? Will you apologise for all the criticism that you have written here?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3415547)   #197
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There were no accusations of Mr van Gisbergan running off with someone's wife, so I don't know how the term 'betrayal' applies from a (former?) 'fan's' perspective.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 04:02 (Ref:3415549)   #198
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Pecky, I think you doth protest too much. You are like a rabid dog with this subject and venom shows through. I wonder what your response will be if the decision is in favour of the driver? Will you apologise for all the criticism that you have written here?

My criticism will still be correct.

The court case is totally separate to why i feel betrayed. That will still stand. He did mislead his fans, of that there is no doubt or question, just some have chosen to remain his fan and others, like myself, haven't.

Its no big deal, he is just a race car driver who hasnt really achieved much, dime a dozen
Old 5 Jun 2014, 04:05 (Ref:3415552)   #199
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
There were no accusations of Mr van Gisbergan running off with someone's wife, so I don't know how the term 'betrayal' applies from a (former?) 'fan's' perspective.
what has someones wife have to do with it.

Betrayal . to disappoint the hopes or expectations of; be disloyal to.
or
to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling: to betray a trust.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 04:09 (Ref:3415555)   #200
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
My criticism will still be correct.

The court case is totally separate to why i feel betrayed. That will still stand. He did mislead his fans, of that there is no doubt or question, just some have chosen to remain his fan and others, like myself, haven't.

Its no big deal, he is just a race car driver who hasnt really achieved much, dime a dozen
My comments still stand, you are running a one man hate campaign and no amount of words and no matter how those words are changed around can disguise it.
Closed Thread