Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Feb 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2630984)   #176
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
T8 are courting Lewis Hamilton...

Yup, i reckon he would drive a T888 Commodore... its the next step up from F1
Old 10 Feb 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2631027)   #177
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Yup, i reckon he would drive a T888 Commodore... its the next step up from F1
Why must everything be a "step up" from something else? Drivers can't just drive something else because they want to?

The elitist image many posters here posses is quite appalling.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2631047)   #178
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again, I thought they were supposed to be cutting costs. It would cost more than a whole championship to get Hamilton for a race weekend surely.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2631052)   #179
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Again, I thought they were supposed to be cutting costs. It would cost more than a whole championship to get Hamilton for a race weekend surely.
We need to see this for what it is; headline grabbing and great PR. Vodafone is splashed all over for nothing, at a quiet time in the press for V8s.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2631056)   #180
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Is this whole International thing just one way the Black Wiggle tries to sort out the fallout from Marcos Ambrose not racing at the Syd 500 last year
TSR can I be rude enough to suggest the international thing has absolutely nothing, nil, zip to do with Marcos Ambrose & Sydney & everything to do with the Queensland Government demanding an international event at Surfers ..
Old 11 Feb 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2631079)   #181
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
TSR can I be rude enough to suggest the international thing has absolutely nothing, nil, zip to do with Marcos Ambrose & Sydney & everything to do with the Queensland Government demanding an international event at Surfers ..
You could be 100% right cavvy, but I would not trust anything that TC would/could do.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Feb 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2631115)   #182
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Morris said in some interviews he wouldn't mind getting Tony Stewart to come over, and then followed up with the fact that he's tied up with Sprint cup commitments. Look at the calendar and Marcos is in the same boat. It also surprises me that he would agree to come back and have considering he made out before he left that he was better than everyone and he doesn't need the sport......
Old 11 Feb 2010, 02:06 (Ref:2631117)   #183
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well given that Paul has a relationship with Dale Jr I would have thought that name woudl have come up, and Boris Said has driven the cars, so surprised at that one too.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2631120)   #184
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
David Brabham UK
Matthew Brabham USA ... this is nonsense !!
Gotta remember where their fathers were during their careers. Can't race internationally, and live in Australia. Nico Rosberg was born and lived all his life in Germany. Does he even speak Finnish?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 05:17 (Ref:2631164)   #185
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Gotta remember where their fathers were during their careers. Can't race internationally, and live in Australia. Nico Rosberg was born and lived all his life in Germany. Does he even speak Finnish?
Does Japan meet your definition of international Falc. Nonsense anyway its spun IMHO, but ...
Old 11 Feb 2010, 05:50 (Ref:2631174)   #186
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't the country in which your racing licence is registered play a part too? Jochen Rindt was German, yet the record books class him as Austrian as that was where he acquired his racing licence.

Did Dennis Firestone consider himself American or Australian??

Seemingly, anyone who is racing or has raced internationally gets a guernsey, no matter the passport.

But if the likes of David Brabham or Ryan Briscoe qualify (Aussies racing overseas), along with guys like Mark Blundell (who race buggerall these days), does this mean drivers who have raced overseas in past, but are Australian, could be considered eligible (say a Grant Denyer, a Mark Noske, a Neal Bates etc etc??)
Old 11 Feb 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2631203)   #187
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
He's classed as a German driver as well, due to where he got his racing license.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2631246)   #188
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Does Japan meet your definition of international Falc. Nonsense anyway its spun IMHO, but ...
If you're only racing in Japan, then you're still racing in a domestic series aren't you?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2631265)   #189
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Doesn't the country in which your racing licence is registered play a part too? Jochen Rindt was German, yet the record books class him as Austrian as that was where he acquired his racing licence.

Did Dennis Firestone consider himself American or Australian??

Seemingly, anyone who is racing or has raced internationally gets a guernsey, no matter the passport.

But if the likes of David Brabham or Ryan Briscoe qualify (Aussies racing overseas), along with guys like Mark Blundell (who race buggerall these days), does this mean drivers who have raced overseas in past, but are Australian, could be considered eligible (say a Grant Denyer, a Mark Noske, a Neal Bates etc etc??)
Jochen Rindt being German is... he moved and was raised in Austria before he turned four years old. I think claims of Rindt being German are essentially technicalities.

To be fair to David Brabham, he was born in England where he lived until he was about 7 when the Brabham family returned to Australia, and left Australia at the age of 23 or 24. He's now 43 and has yet to return having lived in UK or the US since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
He's classed as a German driver as well, due to where he got his racing license.
Which was the point.
Old 14 Mar 2010, 07:17 (Ref:2651466)   #190
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All a secret till April

[pedant on]Can someone please please tell these media gumbies how to spell correctly? Please!

Stum is not the word, it is schtum
Lose is lose, not loose
Rapt as in rapture is a sign of satisfaction & excitement, not wrapped

Surely these guys dont ignore the grammar check do they??
[/pedant off]

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Mar 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2651479)   #191
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I a cynic or is this all part of a scheme to make sure that TC doesn't have to pay out on his grandiose $2 million grans slam offer.
It was always a bit like a golf tournament offering the hole in one car prize on a par 4.
This, together with the second driver at Bathurst ruling extends it to a par 5.
Ans Race control took Winchup out of the equation today so who GT gets as a partner will be interesting.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 02:28 (Ref:2652331)   #192
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Looks like they've corrected the article, GTRMagic?

I agree with you, I hate misuse of the English language.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2652338)   #193
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Looks like they've corrected the article, GTRMagic?

I agree with you, I hate misuse of the English language.
@t l3@st th3Y d1dn't sp311 1t 1ik3 th1s. 7337 sp3@k!

Translated: At least they didn't spell it like this. Leet speak
Old 15 Mar 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2652353)   #194
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

sorry to pick up your spelling but you should have started @ l3@st

the t was not required

i actually had no issues with what you wrote, except the second last word, even after translation i dont know what you said
Old 15 Mar 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2652404)   #195
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realise that if the Qld guvmint are stumping up the cash for an international event then they would want some guarantees on driver heritage, but having the government give formal approval to the co-drivers before the announcements can be made can open another can of worms if some of the choices are rejected. This late in the season this is real championship deciding stuff if someones car is written off. Who in government is qualified to make this decision, or who will they delegate to make the decision for them ?
Are they merely checking that the drivers are international or are they really wanting international celebrities? If they are expecting the likes of Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton then they are going to be disappointed aren't they? They will obviously get some cosmopolitan Indy and Endurance drivers but I doubt they would be recognisable drawcard names to your average pollie.
BTW , has a government ever had the final say on driver lineups since the Nazis were funding the Silver Arrows in the thirties ?
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2652457)   #196
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The government might be interested to read that the V8's European viewership through Motors TV for the Opening Middle Eastern rounds didnt exceed 7,000 viewers.

Would be a concern for the Qld who have backed the V8's to deliver an Internation following
Old 15 Mar 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2652486)   #197
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MeNews is saying that HHF could be running, and more likely in a blue car
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Mar 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2653401)   #198
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Teams asked not to say until April, but here's a list of drivers who might be coming... Make your minds up, it's either a secret or it's not.

Hadn't picked up one driver per team. If two drivers from a team are up for the championship, who decides which will get the star international, and which the experienced Fujitsu driver? Could make or break a campaign.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2653835)   #199
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Don't see the list Woolley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Actually, the s characters should be typed as 5's and the a's should be 4's. So its still wrong...

Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:20 (Ref:2653919)   #200
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hadn't picked up one driver per team. If two drivers from a team are up for the championship, who decides which will get the star international, and which the experienced Fujitsu driver? Could make or break a campaign.[/QUOTE]

The Qld premier perhaps Woolley

It seems very confusing how some teams have issued press releases about lining up certain stars, Tony C has contracted a few drivers himself , the government has the power of veto on the final list of drivers, and then we still don't really know how driver allocation is going to be done once the drivers are approved .