Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 15 Mar 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2652384)   #176
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooops,

Apologies to Danica fan for not reading your post more carefully. Sorry, I wasn't much paying attention to Patrick's race. ESPN did tonight though: showed her slide into the tires. And a replay of the replay, no less.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2652461)   #177
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must be said that after the non-beautiful figure on Saturday, I think that the work of repaving provedo good...and came out a superb race...the rain added that additional peppern and fndamentally it did not hurt...about this, I think that Ganassi would recall tuo the pit one of two drivers in (Dixon, I say) along with Hunter-Reay and Power...keep both drivers with the same tactic for me was wrong...

Briscoe has to reduce mistakes if he want to win a championship...

The arranged circuit looks good...maybe I should fix the first chicane, maybe it should be lengthened and enter them directly into the second chicane (which was very nice, and we have seen much of the drivers control the wheels sideways)...

This race complaints some histories: Power and Meira together on the podium after the 2009 accident, Hunter-Reay second in the first race of the season like last year, and Hunter-Reay was the driver who last year had replaced Meira...Moraes and Andretti ko togheter, another time... and if I remember correctly, the last podium of Foyt was at Watkins Glen in 2008, when Manning finished second behind...Hunter-Reay...

In the end, comparisons with the reinforced GP2 that we saw in Bahrain (luckily I had to follow the qualiying of IndyCar, otherwise I would have gone to sleep) I think are pretty merciless...maybe it's not even fair to do so is a little how to "shoot on Red Cross" (I don't know if it also says in the United States)...
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2652464)   #178
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Indycar race at Sao Paulo definately was the better event than the F1 race at Bahrain that's for sure. Good to see 2 people who suffered terrible injuries last year back on the podium (Power and Meira).
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:02 (Ref:2652559)   #179
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhat accidentally, I mistook race day for Sunday but the race was on Saturday night, so I missed it. Ryan Hunter-Reay really did IZOD proud. Could this be the new team leader at Andretti? Too bad Tony was shunted off by Wheldon. How did that happen? Yes, Wheldon got a proper result, but kicking two competitors out of the race to achieve it is certainly not a gentlemanlike way to achieve it.
The first corner is probably too tight. They should move back the outside wall of Turn 1 for the next even there, if possible, so that there is some runoff. Then, the section would not be blocked right away if a car gets stuck there and the traffic from behind could get through. Sato ... well, let's write it down to rookie error.
Marco is a lucky man. Bless him.
The ladies: Kudos to Bea Figuereido for outscoring her competition. Here's hoping she'll be back later this season.
Danica vs Simona: I guess it's in chaotic conditions like this when Danica's strategic experience comes to the fore.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2652633)   #180
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Somewhat accidentally, I mistook race day for Sunday but the race was on Saturday night, so I missed it.
Don't know what time zone you're in, but the race was on Sunday! 4pm UK time, so a bit earlier than the usual time for the North American races.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2652726)   #181
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race was supposed to start 11:30 EDT, I think it was 12:30 local time. Don't know where it would still be Saturday night except some of the South Pacific Islands
Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2652762)   #182
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Yannick, on Wheldon's bingle:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82167
Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2652789)   #183
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
the Indycar race at Sao Paulo definately was the better event than the F1 race at Bahrain that's for sure.
I'm not sure that's saying a lot - the Bahrain race was a complete bore.

I could be wrong - I haven't see the race, but from this thread, it sound like the race was exciting for all the wrong reasons. To be honest, I watched a few minutes of one of the crash highlights, remembered how awful these cars looked and sounded, and the reasons I never took to the IRL came back to me.

I think the best thing about this race - for Indycar, is that there were 24 cars, and some decent drivers in the field. That should make for an interesting season.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2652795)   #184
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I'm not sure that's saying a lot - the Bahrain race was a complete bore.

I could be wrong - I haven't see the race, but from this thread, it sound like the race was exciting for all the wrong reasons. To be honest, I watched a few minutes of one of the crash highlights, remembered how awful these cars looked and sounded, and the reasons I never took to the IRL came back to me.

I think the best thing about this race - for Indycar, is that there were 24 cars, and some decent drivers in the field. That should make for an interesting season.
Don't let the pile-up at the start discourage you - it was a fairly clean race after that with some really good on-track racing (including passes - imagine that on a street circuit eh?)
Old 15 Mar 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2652979)   #185
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Brazilian ranters comment that the organization sucked, tickets were very expensive, and all media but the Band group (not the largest one in the country) ignored the event. It seems that it was Cotman who refused fixing those massive bumps.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2652987)   #186
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it just goes to show you can't please all the people all of the time.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2653000)   #187
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Don't know what time zone you're in, but the race was on Sunday! 4pm UK time, so a bit earlier than the usual time for the North American races.
So it was really on Sunday. I missed it anyway. I guess all I could think of that day had to do with my girlfriend.

Thank you JagTechOH for the link that clarifies the whole Wheldon situation.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2653088)   #188
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Brazilian ranters comment that the organization sucked, tickets were very expensive, and all media but the Band group (not the largest one in the country) ignored the event. It seems that it was Cotman who refused fixing those massive bumps.
Good. The bumps should stay.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2653091)   #189
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought they added character.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2653092)   #190
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought they added character.
Me as well. Something severely lacking in modern circuits.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2653100)   #191
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, I always think the bumpier a track the better. It makes it far more interesting.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2653101)   #192
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Tilke circuits and they wonder why there is no overtaking in F1.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2653214)   #193
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They overtake left, right AND over the top !!
That first corner reminded me of Portland in the sense you knew someone was going to have a very short race day.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2653215)   #194
fasteric
Rookie

United States
DC Metro area
fasteric should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great way to start the year

I was a sceptic..new track..overseas in Brasil.. not alot of teams ready with drivers, testing and funding. I'm lucky ..Versus on HD and after watching the F1 race from bahrain I was glad to see a race. yes the coverage was spotty at times..hey its still 24 fast cars on a difficult street course with bad weather..brought the grinder to fix the pavement.. a good crowd in the stands. Maybe the new management at IndyCar is off to a great start. I was pulling for Ryan Hunter-Reay to win with the IZOD backing and keep a great US driver employed. Everybody likes to knock this series and alot of it is with good reason...I was at RIR last year..the cars are old, the engines the same but it's capable of having a good season of hard fought races with drivers and teams that want to win..
Old 16 Mar 2010, 05:07 (Ref:2653225)   #195
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Fair and balanced, and right on the money Eric.

It's looking like you will have a home race in 2011 too. If you hear much local buzz about the Baltimore planning, could you post links here?

That would be great. Little Al is fully involved in the program for IICS, and it sounds like it is gaining some traction.

Just watched the Sao Paulo replay tonight...d*mn, that was good stuff. I hope the oval track races are competitive and safe, as none of those concerns were addressed in the off-season. The road races will all be just as wide open, so long as the circuit will permit it.

Barber...well, we'll hope for the best. I think there are some drivers fighting for their careers, and raising the stakes more than normal will elevate the level of competition.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2653240)   #196
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
For all you disappointed DirectTV customers: http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...ck-on-directv/
Old 16 Mar 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2653319)   #197
fasteric
Rookie

United States
DC Metro area
fasteric should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DC/Balt area is fertile grounds for Indy Car racing. Other than Dover for NASCAR racing and NJMP near Philly and Summit Point in by-god WVA, not much is available for the race fan. Maryland doesn't even have a paved oval track! An event around the stadium complexes and the inner harbour would feed the void of racing in the mid-atlantic area.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2653422)   #198
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
For all you disappointed DirectTV customers: http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...ck-on-directv/
The feed from Indycar.com is passable, there's no instant replay but if you live outside the US it's better than wasting your money on Sky.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2653508)   #199
mz2k
Racer

United States
mz2k has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteric View Post
The DC/Balt area is fertile grounds for Indy Car racing. Other than Dover for NASCAR racing and NJMP near Philly and Summit Point in by-god WVA, not much is available for the race fan. Maryland doesn't even have a paved oval track! An event around the stadium complexes and the inner harbour would feed the void of racing in the mid-atlantic area.
Seems like all the talk about new venues for Indy Car are all street circuits.

What happened to the ovals?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2653511)   #200
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz2k View Post
Seems like all the talk about new venues for Indy Car are all street circuits.

What happened to the ovals?
There are 8 ovals in this season's schedule, in 2 blocks of 4; shame they don't intersperse the tracks more.