Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2692013)   #176
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Is there a more pointless driver than Jarno Trulli currently.
Ralf Schumacher?
Old 16 May 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2692035)   #177
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Typical FIA to destroy the single best piece of racecraft from the event.

But if it's in the rules... Actually, is it the rule? I'm still a little confused... Should it be the rule...?
Old 16 May 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2692064)   #178
mjpiotr
Rookie

Poland
Alexandria, VA
mjpiotr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Although I said the complete opposite earlier, under rule 40.13 ( see below), the situation is clear enough.
Quote:
"if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."
No, I don't think it is clear. The message on the final lap from the race control (at least as broadcasted on BBC) was that "SC car is in this lap" which IMHO means that the race does not end with SC.

Anyway - another imprecise law by FIA
Old 16 May 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2692069)   #179
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Typical FIA to destroy the single best piece of racecraft from the event.
My words exactly.
Old 16 May 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2692078)   #180
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When was rule 4.13 added to the rules?
Old 16 May 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2692100)   #181
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Is there a more pointless driver than Jarno Trulli currently.
Milka Duno

But seriously... WOOHOO!! Great result for Webz
Old 17 May 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2692107)   #182
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
Milka Duno

But seriously... WOOHOO!! Great result for Webz
Old 17 May 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2692398)   #183
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
When was rule 4.13 added to the rules?
If you mean the regulation regarding finishing under the safety car, then it's been in since at least 2005. I can't find any copies of the 2004 or earlier regulations online.
Old 17 May 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2692736)   #184
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't Milka have like five academic degrees now? Have some great photos of her at the Adelaide Le Mans. Where she was basically on pace with her team-mates in the Chamberlain Viper, just not the Orecas.

Back on topic, any talk of Barrichello get a slap for turfing his wheel at on coming drivers?
Old 17 May 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2692752)   #185
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
Back on topic, any talk of Barrichello get a slap for turfing his wheel at on coming drivers?
Isn't there a rule stating you have to put the steering wheel back on the car after an incident?

I would have thought a grid penalty of 10 places or so at the next race would be sufficient, could have caused a crash/hit a driver/marshal/spectator.
Old 17 May 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2692769)   #186
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, the driver must put his steering wheel back on after a breakdown/crash and i think due to the Schumacher/Alonso mess we are in i think that might have to wait
Old 17 May 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2692770)   #187
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They must put a stop to this wheel throwing, or next time drivers could get more creative. Chucking an inexistant errant drain lid for example?

Seriously, Rubens ought to get some kind of slap-on-the-wrist sanction.
Old 17 May 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2692794)   #188
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karun Chandok has just posted this on Twitter:

karunchandhok

My good mate Jonathan Williams has just text me to say Rubens' steering still works despite 2 HRTF1 cars running over it - Impressive !!!
Old 17 May 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2692848)   #189
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSheds View Post
If you mean the regulation regarding finishing under the safety car, then it's been in since at least 2005. I can't find any copies of the 2004 or earlier regulations online.
Sometime then because watching the race forum on the Red Button, the BBC team were going on about it as if it were a very recent addition to the rules.
Old 17 May 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2692910)   #190
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may have been discussed after Quali, but what would have happened if Webber picked up a puncture on his fastest lap in Q3 (managing to complete his lap and return to the pits, for arguments sake)? He tapped the wall and my immediate thought after his fastest lap was "what's the ruling on that if his tyre is knackered"?

Are there any specific penalties in the rules for not using your quali tyres to start the race?
Old 17 May 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2692929)   #191
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaskew View Post
This may have been discussed after Quali, but what would have happened if Webber picked up a puncture on his fastest lap in Q3 (managing to complete his lap and return to the pits, for arguments sake)? He tapped the wall and my immediate thought after his fastest lap was "what's the ruling on that if his tyre is knackered"?

Are there any specific penalties in the rules for not using your quali tyres to start the race?
good question. I think you would have to start from pitlane would you not?
Old 18 May 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2692984)   #192
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Isn't there a rule stating you have to put the steering wheel back on the car after an incident?

I would have thought a grid penalty of 10 places or so at the next race would be sufficient, could have caused a crash/hit a driver/marshal/spectator.
Yes and its there because the marshals have to be able to steer the car off the track. I think the steering wheel was a bit redundant in this case though.
Old 18 May 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2692987)   #193
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaskew View Post

I also wonder, if for eg, Schumi uses a soft tyre to get pole position etc, comes back in the pits, changes to the harder rubber and sets another flying lap at the end of qualifying but 1/2 sec slower.
Once he returnes to parc ferme, do they have to put the softer tyre back on because it set the quickest time?
Old 18 May 2010, 06:46 (Ref:2693073)   #194
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I also wonder, if for eg, Schumi uses a soft tyre to get pole position etc, comes back in the pits, changes to the harder rubber and sets another flying lap at the end of qualifying but 1/2 sec slower.
Once he returnes to parc ferme, do they have to put the softer tyre back on because it set the quickest time?
It's the tyre you do your fastest lap on, not the tyre you finish quali on, so that's not a problem as such, they would just put the soft tyres back on for the race.

Nothing I can see that says what would happen if your fastest lap tyres perished though, maybe it's covered by a more general rule.
Old 18 May 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2693169)   #195
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering what happened to Barrichello's steering wheel:

Autosport.

Chandhok also revealed that he dragged Barrichello's errant steering wheel all the way down to the tunnel section of the track.

"It got lodged underneath the car, so I could feel it scraping all the way through Mirabeau. Then the noise stopped and one of the marshals reported back that it fell out of my car in the tunnel. But then Bruno ran over it – so that steering wheel has been well and truly Hispania'd!"
chandhok also says on his twitter he'd received a text message saying it still worked after all that.
Old 18 May 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2693454)   #196
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...rt-by-ferrari/

It's a bit frustrating when drivers say things like this:
Quote:
“It went better than I thought it would. I lost a lap behind Di Grassi, who perhaps thought he was fighting for the world championship.
Was it a race or not? Coulthard had an over-reaction when he couldn't get past Bernoldi. It seems a slight dig at someone in one of the slowest cars. Alonso was once in a Minardi and I bet he would've fought tooth and nail with a quicker car in such a situation.
Old 18 May 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2693585)   #197
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, but at the same time Alonso is getting absolutely smashed by the Italian media about his performance in the Ferrari all weekend and I can understand that he would be keen to point out all the things that worked against him and be frustrated by them.
Old 18 May 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2693589)   #198
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It just seems silly to criticise someone for trying to race you, as if somehow di Grassi is not worthy of that right because he's in a Virgin.
Old 18 May 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2693622)   #199
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It just seems silly to criticise someone for trying to race you, as if somehow di Grassi is not worthy of that right because he's in a Virgin.
Nowadays virgins always seem to be in the losing side.
Old 27 May 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2699281)   #200
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I love Monaco!

Re-watched the race last night and was struck by how much F1 cars are so great to watch wind their way around this circuit. None of the other 'street' circuits in F1 come anywhere close. The speed on the approach to Massenet and the ferocity of them whizzing through the tunnel are sights to behold. Plus, you have iconic corners like the Grand Hotel hairpin.