Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Apr 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3530210)   #2001
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So the choice would be one of the 2 GRM Commodores or one of 3 FG FPRs?
GRM has one spare S60
WP has one spare Commodore
Dragon has two spare Commodores
Tekno has one spare Commodore
NisMo has one spare Altima
Erebus has two spare E63s
PRA has two spare FGs
DJRTP has at least one spare FG

That's 11 obvious ones, with 888 likely to go back to car building mode for Mr Van Gisbergen and probably Mr Whincup, freeing up cars there. BJR have the bits to build a new chassis for Mr Coulthard but havent yet..

The likely ones might be Eggleston with an 888 chassis, maybe MSR in a Ford...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3530237)   #2002
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice if you can get one early, then you've got until next year to fix it if you prang it at Bathurst while running the old one for the rest of this season (or just continue to run the old car until new one is fixed). Presuming you haven't sold the current car to help pay for the new car of course...
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3530242)   #2003
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Tekno's spare car was the one sold to LDM to replace Percat's after the Albert Park pileup?
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3530245)   #2004
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tekno has another one mid-build.

GRM actually has 4 S60s in their fleet.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3530334)   #2005
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No chassis change for Shane
Old 23 Apr 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3530345)   #2006
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
...yet...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3531334)   #2007
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is SuperBlack getting a new look?

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3531340)   #2008
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently we now have a 'victory lane', courtesy of a betting agency.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3531356)   #2009
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New/old branding for Mr Moffat's Altima..

Story Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 03:16 (Ref:3531364)   #2010
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Confirmed by the team... Here

Is the team now called SuperPink&Black Racing?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3531367)   #2011
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like it but there's the continuity, they should have had a base livery I thought and worked from that?
Old 28 Apr 2015, 03:19 (Ref:3531368)   #2012
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
UBet...

Story Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3531371)   #2013
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Great Scott! Did it just hit 88mph?
Old 28 Apr 2015, 05:31 (Ref:3531391)   #2014
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Confetti awaits Here

So P2 & P3 are ignored?

It might mean we see the presentations..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3531392)   #2015
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet you I can stop gambling.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:28 (Ref:3531398)   #2016
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm bothered by how much betting information we're seeing stealthily slipped into sports coverage.

The rules are that gambling ads are not allowed to run while the game is on, so during cricket the first ad after the drinks break is always a gambling ad, they are clearly driving a truck through the intent of the rules to not expose children to this.

And as if I had little enough respect for Michael Patrizi already, seeing him fronting the odds made me lose whatever shred I already didn't have...
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3531403)   #2017
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm bothered by how much betting information we're seeing stealthily slipped into sports coverage.

The rules are that gambling ads are not allowed to run while the game is on, so during cricket the first ad after the drinks break is always a gambling ad, they are clearly driving a truck through the intent of the rules to not expose children to this.

And as if I had little enough respect for Michael Patrizi already, seeing him fronting the odds made me lose whatever shred I already didn't have...
Of course only a clown would bet on a sport which allows the competitors to rig the results....through team orders.

Last edited by chavez; 28 Apr 2015 at 06:47. Reason: clarifying statement
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3531404)   #2018
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:

Except now you can do the same with Mr Murphy.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:50 (Ref:3531405)   #2019
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Other sports are reaping the $$$ benefits from it, no reason motor racing shouldn't.

Gambling $$$ can help fill the void that was never filled once the tobacco companies were booted out.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:57 (Ref:3531406)   #2020
Umai Naa
Veteran

It does have that stigma attached to it though.

The sport might as well make the most of it, before the concept of advertising it is outlawed.

Personally, I can't see it tempting me to have a flutter. I've never been a betting man anyway.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 07:56 (Ref:3531411)   #2021
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me neither, must I confess that the only bet I ever made on a motor race I won.

$5 with a mate the Dick Johnson would finish ahead of Peter Brock at Bathurst in '86.

$5 was about a third of my weekly disposable income at that time, so no small bet back then.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3531414)   #2022
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

$5 with a mate the Dick Johnson would finish ahead of Peter Brock at Bathurst in '86.

$5 was about a third of my weekly disposable income at that time, so no small bet back then.
The only time I bet with any serious intent on V8Supercar was when Mr Ambrose started his winning ways in the SBR BA #4 at Clipsal in 2003.

The handicappers at the NSW TAB had him starting at something like $49 to the $1 for R1 on fixed odds... a small flutter made for a nice payout, winning R1 as he did! Not surprisingly, the odds came in pretty quickly, and for R2, was back to the $4 or so where it belonged...

It would be nice if the marketing energies could perhaps persuade interest in V8SC like for the Melbourne Cup, the casual gambler attracted to good odds, and an even better sport! We shall see...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3531423)   #2023
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

Quote:
The only time I bet with any serious intent on V8Supercar was when Mr Ambrose started his winning ways in the SBR BA #4 at Clipsal in 2003.

The handicappers at the NSW TAB had him starting at something like $49 to the $1 for R1 on fixed odds... a small flutter made for a nice payout, winning R1 as he did! Not surprisingly, the odds came in pretty quickly, and for R2, was back to the $4 or so where it belonged...

It would be nice if the marketing energies could perhaps persuade interest in V8SC like for the Melbourne Cup, the casual gambler attracted to good odds, and an even better sport! We shall see...
I hope you blokes bought Dick and Marcos a beer.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3531634)   #2024
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Speedcafe have made an enduro list

thje changing of the guard they call it. No Murphy Rusty Jnr Baird Morris or
Ritter
Old 28 Apr 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3531649)   #2025
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#CANCERSUCKS